St Mirren v Dundee United SPFL Championship 29/12/17

shull

47 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Big decision for the manager to pick 2 from MacKenzie, Baird or Davies. for Friday night :o  Glad it not me having to make the choice since all deserved to be in the team.

MacKenzie clearly not match ready given the way QoS sliced through the central defence.

Baird has been more solid lately, its his jersey to lose.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It's a bizarre concept called faith Elvis. You stick to your tried and tested though, it seems to be working for us.

As for the game I'm in Fuerteventura so will be trying Buddievision for the first time. Fingers crossed it all works out well.

Buddie vision doesn't show games live so you will know the score before it comes on there. 

48 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I will happily take a repeat of the 4-1 hammering we dished out to them forty years ago. That game is one of my all time greatest Saints victories. Jings I’m getting old. COYS.

I remember it well but typically of my age don't ask me about our last home game! A repeat or even a narrow 1..0 win would be just great . Tough game though.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I will happily take a repeat of the 4-1 hammering we dished out to them forty years ago. That game is one of my all time greatest Saints victories. Jings I’m getting old. COYS.

Or the 4-1 festive season hammering we gave them 4 years ago.  They came down pretty cock and full of themselves then too.

Or I'd also take the 4-3 or the Christmas before that.

Our record against them is awful, apart from at Christmas! (and this season).  Good time to be playing them!

3 hours ago, Yflab said:

That was the day I officially became a Saints fan. I had been to a few cold, soulless 2nd division games before it, but that was the day I caught the bug. Complete with pitch invasion at the end. 

Although nothing will be decided as a result of this game on Friday, a win for us would be massive . I really hope there's a big turnout for this game - this has far greater importance than the likes of last years challenge cup final . 

Utd fans are very confident and now reckon they will walk away with the League. I did point out to some on P&B that out of the 14 top scorers in the Championship we have 5 and they have 1! It will be a tight race but the Arabs reckon it will be a scoosh. (One reckons that McMullan and Keatings would be auto starts for us  :) ) . Hopefully Friday gives us a 5 point lead to give them something to think about and calm their jets .

To all the squad - keep off the sauce until we after the next 2 games...

On Friday - anything other than a win and they could pass us with their game in hand - BUT a win Psychologically imprints a clear message - we are up for winning this league...

They have a better defensive record than us BUT we score more goals....

So Saints        2      v      1   Utd             5 points clear and a happy New Year ... 

41 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think Dundee United will be front page news tomorrow.

One of their players in particular.

Pop over to the Dundee United thread on P&B.

Fucking stupidity of the highest order.

I watched it earlier on - what a prize turkey that lad is . I suppose anything that'll disrupt their build up to Friday's game has got to be a good thing (unlike his antics) .

Is there a trick to using the website to buy tickets? Have tried with google and IE get to the buy tickets, select the game and then when it should show the seats I get nothing?

Any ideas? Never had a problem in the past

SS

Edited by Swiss_Saint
add detail

Why can't you just tell us what happened???

For those who haven’t seen it so far -

For those who can’t be bothered to watch it (even though I would recommend), Utd left back Jamie Robson apparently drinking a venom (cocktail) while driving. Literally drinking it and driving. He put it on his snapchat story and his ex GF posted it on her Twitter.

Hopefully this causes a bit of unsettlement in their squad come Friday. And hopefully he receives some form of punishment!

22 minutes ago, DWBud said:

For those who haven’t seen it so far -

For those who can’t be bothered to watch it (even though I would recommend), Utd left back Jamie Robson apparently drinking a venom (cocktail) while driving. Literally drinking it and driving. He put it on his snapchat story and his ex GF posted it on her Twitter.

Hopefully this causes a bit of unsettlement in their squad come Friday. And hopefully he receives some form of punishment!

He should be locked up for drinking something called a venom IMO.

That was the day I officially became a Saints fan. I had been to a few cold, soulless 2nd division games before it, but that was the day I caught the bug. Complete with pitch invasion at the end. 

Same here, the day I officially became a fan too. I wasn’t really into football I was only 15 but saints won me over.