Syrian Refugees

Isle Of Bute Saint

Does it matter what colour or faith anyone is find that a strange comment ? The point is money given out which has an effect on local businesses and why locals do not receive the same help ?

His comment is highlighting your use of a term that is offensive to many people.

Have existing locals asked for similar help and been rejected? There are loads of schemes that help people start up new businesses have your local friends been trying them?

Admittedly I've never heard of such high amounts being granted so those figures are surprising however I'd imagine the new hairdressers and bakers have given suitable business plans in order to get these grants? Maybe I'm being naive.

All of these questions need answered, otherwise it's just comes across as sour grapes. 

No they don't. Life will go on either way.

No it doesn't, to me at least.

Bute is a cracking unique little island.

My brother in law and I once got in a taxi there totally rat arsed and thinking the other knew where we were to meet the ladies, who had gone ahead to visit their Uncle.

The taxi driver asked where to?

We looked at one another then the driver.

I chipped in with a slurred version on "not sure but his name us Donald and he used to work on the ferries"!

3 minutes later we were at his door.

My waitress this weekend was Ana from Romania. Sweet kid. I haveno problem with that.

Government tick box qualifications do bother me however... From grant and loan terminology to qualification criteria.

All about ticking faddy tick boxes and hee haw to do with sustainable investment or supporting local businesses and economies.

38 minutes ago, Hambud said:

His comment is highlighting your use of a term that is offensive to many people.

Have existing locals asked for similar help and been rejected? There are loads of schemes that help people start up new businesses have your local friends been trying them?

Admittedly I've never heard of such high amounts being granted so those figures are surprising however I'd imagine the new hairdressers and bakers have given suitable business plans in order to get these grants? Maybe I'm being naive.

Its not because they are Syrian i write this it could be Spanish anyone. Its about a group getting help where the same level of help is not available to others. You mention the figure being higher than you have seen or expected. Why not come out and tell the local comunity first to build bridges. This story was coverd by the Herald a few months ago. 

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Does it matter what colour or faith anyone is find that a strange comment ? The point is money given out which has an effect on local businesses and why locals do not receive the same help ?

How do you know they received £15k and £30k respectively?

I have been unemployed for a while now. Next few weeks my own venture into self employment will open. Received no help financial or otherwise. I had to wait months to get planing for various changes where they were fast tracked in weeks for the same thing. That does not bother me talking to other businesses i fully understand their full concern when it affects their income. Or full time employees of the Bakers end up losing their full time jobs.

For exactly the same thing?

I thought you were opening a van at the ferry port?

I have been unemployed for a while now. Next few weeks my own venture into self employment will open. Received no help financial or otherwise. I had to wait months to get planing for various changes where they were fast tracked in weeks for the same thing. That does not bother me talking to other businesses i fully understand their full concern when it affects their income. Or full time employees of the Bakers end up losing their full time jobs.

If Bute is as close-knit as you say then these two new business will fail.

£15k to start a hairdressers and £30k to setup a bakers are tiny amounts of money - barely enough to get going and certainly not enough to establish a successful business. For that they will need customers and like you say, why would anyone support these guys when existing equivalent local businesses are already failing?

Even so, I highly doubt that these two guys have received anything like that. I won't believe it without proof.

It's great that your self employment business is about to start up.

Throw all your emotional effort into trying to make it a success and stop pissing about worrying about who else is getting what.

You are obsessing over all the wrong things. Incredibly you are even obsessing over the f**king car one of them is driving?

It's a total waste of emotional energy.

Edited by oaksoft

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

For exactly the same thing?

I thought you were opening a van at the ferry port?

Planing permission which took 8 month and a small fortune in fees to me was knocked back. I did that aplication through an architect so the application was professional . It was a coffee kiosk not a van. Sometime fate is with you as that led onto a shop in the seafront in Rothesay which went to auction so got it for a great price. Took the shop back to a shell now it is more or less ready. Had to get planning permission for a name change and to install an awning. Regarding figures mentioned above , first there is no secrets living on a Island  hence my bank details and accountant are off the Island that was advice told to me by an Islander which i'm thankfull for. The story was run by the Herald  a few month ago regarding the hairdressers I'm sure you can find it on the web. Heard the story before the print. Now the baking story is doing the rounds. As I am in catering I know the price figure for equipment 30,000 grand is not a lot of money to purchase industrial catering equipment. 

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

What are you calling your place IOBS?

Ambience.  You would have to see the concept inside to get the name.  Getting trained by Scotlands top barista who roasts his own coffee. Using all types of milk the best i have tried is oatmilk with coffee  its something else. Hot chocolate milk and white comes from france the white with coconut milk is orgasmic. Doing my own baking food also. Have a great vinyl sound system installed for back ground music where the customer picks the albums laid out in part of the sbop away from tables like a record shop. In that area have a frame with old concert ticket stubs. Next to that frames that hold album covers for art that can be changed. Seating area is contemporary art. Got a long bench against one wall upholstered in Bute tartan. The whole thing has come together better than expected.  Trying to bring something different for here drink and food wise also. Applying for a wine and beer licence. You wont get rich here but should make a living. Thats the plan. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Planing permission which took 8 month and a small fortune in fees to me was knocked back. I did that aplication through an architect so the application was professional . It was a coffee kiosk not a van. Sometime fate is with you as that led onto a shop in the seafront in Rothesay which went to auction so got it for a great price. Took the shop back to a shell now it is more or less ready. Had to get planning permission for a name change and to install an awning. Regarding figures mentioned above , first there is no secrets living on a Island  hence my bank details and accountant are off the Island that was advice told to me by an Islander which i'm thankfull for. The story was run by the Herald  a few month ago regarding the hairdressers I'm sure you can find it on the web. Heard the story before the print. Now the baking story is doing the rounds. As I am in catering I know the price figure for equipment 30,000 grand is not a lot of money to purchase industrial catering equipment. 

OK well first off their is no such thing as a "professional" grant proposal. To get grant money you need to buil a proper fully costed business case yourself showing how you meet all the criteria for the grant.

You should have filled it in yourself. Hard though that may be. Lesson learned I hope. Genuinely, I hope you learned this. There are no shortcuts.

I can understand needing permission for an awning or change of use but I don't understand why you would need planning permission to change a name of a shop.

So you have no "proof" of any financial details. You are relying on rumour and paper talk. You really are unbelievably gullible when it comes to this sort of conspiracy theory thing. Don't you even consider for a second that some racist scumbag with a grudge simply spread that rumour? That is more believable than a government shelling out £30k to open up a bakery. Even if it was true, you know that £30k gets you essentially f**k all for a bakers shop so why are you bothering indulging this little islander pish? You have more important and exciting things to be worrying about.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ambience.  You would have to see the concept inside to get the name.  Getting trained by Scotlands top barista who roasts his own coffee. Using all types of milk the best i have tried is oatmilk with coffee  its something else. Hot chocolate milk and white comes from france the white with coconut milk is orgasmic. Doing my own baking food also. Have a great vinyl sound system installed for back ground music where the customer picks the albums laid out in part of the sbop away from tables like a record shop. In that area have a frame with old concert ticket stubs. Next to that frames that hold album covers for art that can be changed. Seating area is contemporary art. Got a long bench against one wall upholstered in Bute tartan. The whole thing has come together better than expected.  Trying to bring something different for here drink and food wise also. Applying for a wine and beer licence. You wont get rich here but should make a living. Thats the plan. 

I look forward to a visit in the future.

Its not because they are Syrian i write this it could be Spanish anyone. Its about a group getting help where the same level of help is not available to others. You mention the figure being higher than you have seen or expected. Why not come out and tell the local comunity first to build bridges. This story was coverd by the Herald a few months ago. 

Bridges you are best to just to keep the Ferries.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS
Seen it.....................the Syrian guy portrayed everything as very positive................he's obviously not talked to all the people on Bute. 

Seems to do a range of tortures like eye brow threading and hot waxing to the ears and face in addition to short back and sides.
I'm sure the priest was getting a back, sack and crack

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...