St Mirren Targets for the Season

St.Ricky

Displayed on the video interview with Jack Ross before today's game with QOS appear to be our targets for the first quarter's round of matches.

These were shown as:

Points 21

Goals For 16

Goals Against 7 

Clean Sheets  4

With 3 Games to Go

We have achieved:

Points 12                 ............ still achievable.

Goals For 14         --------still achievable

Goals Against 11 ------  clear weak spot

Clean Sheets 1 -------- still achievable.

Summary

Good overall performance to date - the table and these statistics don't lie (if I have them shown correctly)

Defending from the Front is Vital to the Success of the team and 2 more goals for and three clean shhets might be enough to reach 3 out of 4 of the targets.

Come on Saints. It can be done and this team is the one who can achieve this.

3 minutes ago, notabuddie said:

It was the clean sheet target that is at risk. Yes we do have players that are due back but they are not here now so can't help. Do I think we will keep two clean sheets in the next two games no. I would be surprised if there were a lot that think we can keep two clean sheets

So do you think it'll be Raith or Brechin that will get on the scoresheet or do you think it'll be both......?

21 points a quarter is an ambitious target - our two Championship seasons 99/00 & 05/06 were both won with 76 points. IIRC only Hearts & Hibs (98/99) have won more than 84 points in a season.

Nothing wrong with being ambitious but I reckon 19 points a quarter will win the division and 16 get us into the playoffs, if as I suspect it turns out to be a tight season it might be less.

I'm genuinely optimistic about this season, and like I said I feel the race is gonna be a tight and that there'll be a few defeats along the way probably more Tom Hendrie than  Gus MacPherson so let's hold on tight for a white knuckle ride......................................

Image result for White-Knuckle Ride Lynyrd Skynyrd

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

21 points a quarter is an ambitious target - our two Championship seasons 99/00 & 05/06 were both won with 76 points. IIRC only Hearts & Hibs (98/99) have won more than 84 points in a season.

Nothing wrong with being ambitious but I reckon 19 points a quarter will win the division and 16 get us into the playoffs, if as I suspect it turns out to be a tight season it might be less.

18 points from the first quarter of 99/00.

19 points from the first quarter of 05/06.

We should be in that sort of territory again this season.....

"They say the mark of champions is to win when not at your best, but quite what it says about St Mirren – who managed to go back to the top of the Championship whilst at times being nothing short of dreadful – remains to be seen."  - extract from the Scotsman.

We certainly can't argue that we have lacked a rub of the green this season - even several of the games that we have won comfortably in the end, were only after we should have been dead and buried by the opposition.

If we are going to win the league we will have to improve significantly - especially in defence.

However, injuries have been unkind to us so far this season, and we are after all still sitting top of the table as we go into the international break.

What a pleasant change from last season!

On 9/30/2017 at 3:51 PM, notabuddie said:

Well there goes the clean sheet target our back let us down again

So....instead of cheering the team on to victory at the game....you find the time to go on-line to imply "I told you so"....? Wow! It.....it ALMOST seems like you're actually pleased that Saints lost a goal..... :o

There was an element of I told you so as I have been berated for criticism of our back line. Also from the feedback from the recent Q&A the manager is also frustrated with the lack of clean sheets. I would prefer to play the likes of Brechin and ek without the worry of losing a goal but as what everyone is saying we played badly on Saturday and still got the result which at the end of the day is what we need. So if we can't keep a clean sheet but collect three points then all is well. But if we start losing points I'm sure you are aware it will be the back line that will come in for pelters