Catalonia

Guest TPAFKATS

Guest TPAFKATS
Yorkshire will be next then? 

Dunno, does Yorkshire meet the criteria for being a country?
If so it's something the people of Yorkshire should decide, not the rest of England.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:

Dunno, does Yorkshire meet the criteria for being a country?
If so it's something the people of Yorkshire should decide, not the rest of England.

So, if Yorkshire decided it wanted to be an independent country then other counties could? My oh my  as I said, why restrict it to counties?  Where is the line drawn?

Anyhow, while I'm being slightly flippant the situation in Spain is far from clear or decided. Interesting days/weeks/months ahead.

Cheap deals can be had for a holiday in Barcelona I hear.  

Guest TPAFKATS
So, if Yorkshire decided it wanted to be an independent country then other counties could? My oh my  as I said, why restrict it to counties?  Where is the line drawn?
Anyhow, while I'm being slightly flippant the situation in Spain is far from clear or decided. Interesting days/weeks/months ahead.
Cheap deals can be had for a holiday in Barcelona I hear.  

You're not being flippant, you're ignoring my responses and just repeating what you said previously.
No one is suggesting counties become countries, apart from you that is.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

You're not being flippant, you're ignoring my responses and just repeating what you said previously.

My point, some way back, was where does this cry for independence stop? You never answered so I threw a few suggestions.  The current situation in Spain is that a region is wanting to be independent.  Not a country, and area of a country. 

Anyhow, as I've also mentioned  this is another vehicle for the hurting indy crew to get their teeth into something to heal the wounds of a democratic vote that was lost. 

TBH, I don't really care. Fire in. :byebye

Guest TPAFKATS
My point, some way back, was where does this cry for independence stop? You never answered so I threw a few suggestions.  The current situation in Spain is that a region is wanting to be independent.  Not a country, and area of a country. 
Anyhow, as I've also mentioned  this is another vehicle for the hurting indy crew to get their teeth into something to heal the wounds of a democratic vote that was lost. 
*TBH, I don't really care*. Fire in. :byebye

Aye, ok.

13 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Far be it for me to defend oakstur but he's entirely correct on this

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

He is engaging in false equivalence.

I am not interested in wasting my time with such arguments.

7 hours ago, thepaisleypanda said:

Yorkshire was never a country! -  Catalonia was! Scotland was!

I don't know that Catalonia was ever a country but it does have its own identity as mentioned by Tony , and a greater population than Scotland. . 

It is interesting to note what in Europe makes for an independent country if you consider places like Lichtenstein and SanMarino , which are "countries" not much bigger than Johnstone. 

The allies made Kosovo a country, even though it had never been one before because it suited their political agenda . .

l suppose if Catalonia wasn't a country it wouldn't have an autonomous government. .

Guest TPAFKATS
I don't know that Catalonia was ever a country but it does have its own identity as mentioned by Tony , and a greater population than Scotland. . 
It is interesting to note what in Europe makes for an independent country if you consider places like Lichtenstein and SanMarino , which are "countries" not much bigger than Johnstone. 
The allies made Kosovo a country, even though it had never been one before because it suited their political agenda . .
l suppose if Catalonia wasn't a country it wouldn't have an autonomous government. .

EU president lecturing Catalonia on their right self determination. He was previously PM of Luxembourg.

14 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

EU president lecturing Catalonia on their right self determination. He was previously PM of Luxembourg.

Well Luxembourg is about the size of Edinburgh . Maybe Edinburgh could become independent and all year round theme park . They could have their own fitba league and Jamboz could play the Hipz every week  . .