Morton v St Mirren 2/1/18 LIVE ON BBC ALBA

shull

Not trying to be too critical here but I get worried when we have been dominating games only for us to start playing too deep. Could see a Morton goal coming felt the same in the Dunfermilne game thankfully they did not score.  Why is this happening too often for my liking and hey I'm a mature Saints fan I know we have no right to beat anyone. 

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

He doesn't impress me at all, TBH. I think he's planning his celebrations before he takes his shots. Also, he's too big - he needs to shed some of the muscle. Again, though, he's probably imagining how ripped he'll look when he takes his shirt off after scoring his five goals a season.

Genuinely wouldn't take him at SMP.

Nice to have you back. :wink:

19 hours ago, davidg said:

Just watched it back on tv, it was definitely Baird who lost his man. 

Morton player makes a run from back post towards near then checks back behind. Baird continues to move towards the ball and misjudged the flight. He lost his guy by some distance, so much so that it didn’t look like it was his man. 

Big man has been brilliant recently but this was a costly error. 

Yup, Just watched it again and you're spot on.  My bad!!!

Instead of raging at the home support, Demetriou simply picks up the snack and takes a bite before getting on with the game.
These incidents are often more serious but hats off to the Buddies left-back for shrugging it off with a bit of humour. (Daily Record)
:happyclapper

Applaud him for that [emoji4]

However, throwing ‘missiles’ onto the field of play & striking a player surely constitutes appropriate action from the SPFL ?

Oh well just back in NB after another nail biting 90 mins. Not the result we wanted but Morton were the better team on the day. Second half was a nightmare. The minute hand on the clock at the  Sinclair street end of the stadium took forever and a day to crawl between  4 and 4.30pm but once they scored  it raced to 4.45pm.  They were definitely up for it and we were probably lucky to get the draw. Ref made a few dubious decisions but I would say we were the benefactors and not Morton.  Apparently 1770 St Mirren fans made the trip. I thought we out numbered them but we definitely missed having a roof to bolster the sound of the drum and the  choir  which didn't seem  as loud as usual.  We've not been very Good at Cappilow this season but hopefully we won't be back there again until they can follow us up to the top tier. 

Every  team seem seems to be bigger and physically stronger than us and we play the Highland monsters on Saturday but  the two games we have played against them have in my opinion been the two best games of the season so COYS. Skill and technique against bullies. let's make it three  wins against  them in a row. I don't want to be clock watching on Saturday just celebrating.

3 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Yup, Just watched it again and you're spot on.  My bad!!!

Not bad at all. 

Watching from the Main Stand I thought it was Davis who lost him. Wasn’t until I watched the game on tv until I realised it was Baird.

The big man had a great game apart from this, would have been my man of the match if this hadn’t happened. 

30 minutes ago, billyg said:

I get accused of banging on about this , but Jacko's defensive headers and man-marking leave a lot to be desired , big Gary will be back in the side with Harry soon imo !

The fact that it has taken until now to get a negative comment about Jack says how far he has come. I was expecting him to get dogs abuse as he appears to be at fault for the goal.

Jack Baird was outstanding during the great escape and I would go as far as to say he has been our most consistent perfomer this season. At only 21 he has over 100 appearances for the club so he is doing something right.  Thankfully Jack Ross doesn't appear to agree with your opinion on his defending.

Edited by Mr Optimistic

The fact that it has taken until now to get a negative comment about Jack says how far he has come. I was expecting him to get dogs abuse as he appears to be at fault for the goal.
Jack Baird was outstanding during the great escape and I would go as far as to say he has been our most consistent perfomer this season. At only 21 he has over 100 appearances for the club so he is doing something right.  Thankfully Jack Ross doesn't appear to agree with your opinion on his defending.

We'll see , I don't like picking on individuals , but if we're looking at the title we have to get it right. For me it's Davis and A.N. Other , and I wouldn't be surprised if JR favoured big Gaz in the run in .

Was our 6 feet plus Goalie away for a Pie at the Morton goal ?

Easy meat cross for any decent goalkeeper, especially, one his size.

Even, Donald Hunter would have clutched that ball into his safe hands .

Another booboo

12 minutes ago, David Mc said:

45 minutes ago, shull said:
Was our 6 feet plus Goalie away for a Pie at the Morton goal ?
Easy meat cross for any decent goalkeeper, especially, one his size.
Even, Donald Hunter would have clutched that ball into his safe hands .
Another booboo

Trumpesque

I do wish people would stop quoting this attention seeking loser. I have him on ignore and therefore do not need to wade through endless brainless posts like the one above. The forum is a far more enjoyable place with him on ignore, as I am sure most of the forum can confirm.  :D

3 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

I do wish people would stop quoting this attention seeking loser. I have him on ignore and therefore do not need to wade through endless brainless posts like the one above. The forum is a far more enjoyable place with him on ignore, as I am sure most of the forum can confirm.  :D

I really bring the pessimism out in you. 

Sorry :byebye

3 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

You're more than entitled to your opinion, seeking some sort of confirmation smacks of attention seeking.........................funny that. 

Put people on ignore but no need to tell everybody about it.  :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You're more than entitled to your opinion, seeking some sort of confirmation smacks of attention seeking.........................funny that. 

Put people on ignore but no need to tell everybody about it.  :byebye

He sees my name and still needs to wade through my endless brainless posts.

Mr Optimistic is no skimmer.

Cappielow is at the point where people's safety is being compromised. On Tuesday I watched queues of Saints fans trudge through the 3 available gates all completely unchecked as a woman steward tried desperately to get 2 or 3 younger lads to do the job they had been employed for "You're here to do a job, start checking people" she was demanding to a blank stare response after which they went back to simply watching the fans go in. Same lady  appeared inside the gates screaming at others inside that they were  being paid to do the same. In that respect the bounty incident, although amusing in retrospect, could have been anything as fans could have pretty much have taken anything they wanted into that game. 
Inside ...bloody hell ...wading through 2 inches of mud and water to find a spot standing on a slippery wooden bench. Nobody say they are for sitting on because that would have meant sitting with our feet submerged in freezing water for 2 hours risking mass trench foot. Absolute disgrace of a place
Up the home end they are in so much trouble they can't/won't pay the police to close off Sinclair Street risking their own fans in traffic which has been historically always been closed because it a bloody obvious safety measure to take.
How the hell do they get a certificate to put games on?
Bloody disgrace of a place.

11 hours ago, pod said:

If he's trying to impress, it's not working.

Not a patch on his auld man.

Quitongo has had a few games (in two years) where he was almost unplayable for the opposition defence. In general though, I don't think he's much of a footballer, doesn't have a good football brain and isn't a good finisher (scored a few screamers, but has missed way more from inside 10 yards) - his scoring record in very poor. Needs to grow up and work at improving his game... not just his physique. He has potential, but 50/50 what direction his career goes in right now.