Morton v St Mirren 2/1/18 LIVE ON BBC ALBA

shull

11 hours ago, WirralSaint said:

Cappielow is at the point where people's safety is being compromised. On Tuesday I watched queues of Saints fans trudge through the 3 available gates all completely unchecked as a woman steward tried desperately to get 2 or 3 younger lads to do the job they had been employed for "You're here to do a job, start checking people" she was demanding to a blank stare response after which they went back to simply watching the fans go in. Same lady  appeared inside the gates screaming at others inside that they were  being paid to do the same. In that respect the bounty incident, although amusing in retrospect, could have been anything as fans could have pretty much have taken anything they wanted into that game. 
Inside ...bloody hell ...wading through 2 inches of mud and water to find a spot standing on a slippery wooden bench. Nobody say they are for sitting on because that would have meant sitting with our feet submerged in freezing water for 2 hours risking mass trench foot. Absolute disgrace of a place
Up the home end they are in so much trouble they can't/won't pay the police to close off Sinclair Street risking their own fans in traffic which has been historically always been closed because it a bloody obvious safety measure to take.
How the hell do they get a certificate to put games on?
Bloody disgrace of a place.

I don't know how it passes a safety certificate,. They would be better off opening the cowshed and main stand  ends only for away fans

I don't know how it passes a safety certificate,. They would be better off opening the cowshed and main stand  ends only for away fans

Agree, Im all for “grounds with character “ but in this day surely safety and customer care comes first . At the very least the WDE should be covered .
I’ve never been in their main stand but surely it can’t be as bad as the dump at Firhill or Firs Park main stand designed for those under 4ft 6.

56 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Agree, Im all for “grounds with character “ but in this day surely safety and customer care comes first . At the very least the WDE should be covered .
I’ve never been in their main stand but surely it can’t be as bad as the dump at Firhill or Firs Park main stand designed for those under 4ft 6.

Leg room as bad as Rugby Park. I once sat in the main stand at Cappielow  up the back and there was a wasps nest causing carnage lol

Cappielow is at the point where people's safety is being compromised. On Tuesday I watched queues of Saints fans trudge through the 3 available gates all completely unchecked as a woman steward tried desperately to get 2 or 3 younger lads to do the job they had been employed for "You're here to do a job, start checking people" she was demanding to a blank stare response after which they went back to simply watching the fans go in. Same lady  appeared inside the gates screaming at others inside that they were  being paid to do the same. In that respect the bounty incident, although amusing in retrospect, could have been anything as fans could have pretty much have taken anything they wanted into that game. 
Inside ...bloody hell ...wading through 2 inches of mud and water to find a spot standing on a slippery wooden bench. Nobody say they are for sitting on because that would have meant sitting with our feet submerged in freezing water for 2 hours risking mass trench foot. Absolute disgrace of a place
Up the home end they are in so much trouble they can't/won't pay the police to close off Sinclair Street risking their own fans in traffic which has been historically always been closed because it a bloody obvious safety measure to take.
Great post mate. About time the SPFL done something about it. Don't know if you tried the toilets. Honestly you would rather piss yourself. the whole place is a health hazard.

Guest TPAFKATS
Trench foot [emoji3]

8 hours ago, southsidebud said:

I was switching channels tonight and noticed that red button English commentary was available on.alba for the Edinburgh rugby game - was it available for the Morton game? I didn't notice it if it was?

I was at the game so can't comment on live coverage but it certainly didn't look like the  option was there in catch up.

11 hours ago, southsidebud said:

I was switching channels tonight and noticed that red button English commentary was available on.alba for the Edinburgh rugby game - was it available for the Morton game? I didn't notice it if it was?

I’m pretty sure it isn’t.

Always wondered why S4C are always able to have it but Alba aren’t. 

Is S4C independent? If so it’s probably a budget thing. 

On 06/01/2018 at 8:12 AM, stlucifer said:

I was at the game so can't comment on live coverage but it certainly didn't look like the  option was there in catch up.

On 06/01/2018 at 10:53 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m pretty sure it isn’t.

Always wondered why S4C are always able to have it but Alba aren’t. 

Is S4C independent? If so it’s probably a budget thing. 

Thanks guys.

Its the first time i noticed the choice on Alba for the Rugby so maybe its changed - here's hoping...

Of course its all moot now as we are big time charlies who appear on BT Sport and BBC One now :D