Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 21/10/17

shull

51 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The lesson from Falkirk was one we never took.  it would have been better if we had built 2 decent stands with other facilities behind the goals than the design we opted for.  Apparently, wee Gus had a significant input into the concepts for stadium design and his preferrence was for 4 stands.

We have what we have, it's OK but could and should have been better for the same money

2 stands would have been terrible. I'm not a big fan of Gus , but if that's true , it's one thing he got right .

Wrong place to be talking about it,maybe shull could start a thread,but our stadium would have been much better if it had been elevated.The front few rows don't give a great view.

Anyway it's a great wee stadium.........when we're winning.:rolleyes:

The lesson from Falkirk was one we never took.  it would have been better if we had built 2 decent stands with other facilities behind the goals than the design we opted for.  Apparently, wee Gus had a significant input into the concepts for stadium design and his preferrence was for 4 stands.

We have what we have, it's OK but could and should have been better for the same money

Apocryphal nonsense. Gus's plan was four additional screens at Showcase Cinema.

Most of the money for the original two stands came from the council while their third stand was funded by a local businessman. The bulk of the money from the sale of Brokenville went to pay off debts and to fund their first team in the immediate aftermath of the ground sale. B)

So folk are getting upset at the fact a stadium bought and owned by a third party is better than our own stadium.

If they are that upset they should offer to buy/build a new ground for the club.

On 10/15/2017 at 9:04 AM, Lord Pityme said:

The Saints will be massed and marching in to another big away fixture. The mark needs to be put down that we have the bottle to stay top all season whatever it takes, whatever the game throws up!

lets see the team respond to, and reward the big travelling support with a fine away win.

I go with this view.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Careful Ricky boy.... the 'waiting to be offended' brigade wullnae like that. They'll be calling  'Ross Stewart for Scotland'

You do realise that the post he agrees with made no mention whatsoever of Ross Stewart yet you choose to twist things again. You really are a shit stirrer

I see all the real saints fans are immersed debating our next big game... and then there are the others, poor souls, hoping to be noticed.

lets give them all a big hug.... welcome..! If you dont already know (and loads of people on here who actually know me in the real world do) my name is Tony Black... maybe everyone should name check themselves? Then we would all know exactly who we are dealing/conversing with.

as Delia would say " c'mon then... lets be 'aving you"