Falkirk v St Mirren Championship 21/10/17

shull

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I see all the real saints fans are immersed debating our next big game... and then there are the others, poor souls, hoping to be noticed.

lets give them all a big hug.... welcome..! If you dont already know (and loads of people on here who actually know me in the real world do) my name is Tony Black... maybe everyone should name check themselves? Then we would all know exactly who we are dealing/conversing with.

as Delia would say " c'mon then... lets be 'aving you"

WGAF. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Getting back to football matters, I wonder if Sutton has done enough to warrant a start on Saturday...

I'm actually a big fan of Sutton, but appreciate he's "getting on" a bit.

If we've to maintain our early season form it's horses for courses.

Some teams would suit us to play Sutton, others maybe not so much.

I'll leave it to the manager, I'd imagine he knows abut the players more than anybody on here. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

I'll leave it to the manager, I'd imagine he knows abut the players more than anybody on here. 

I'm also a big fan of his, and think he'll get used more as the pitches get heavier and our the ball is in the air slightly more often than on the ground. The manager knows what he's doing, and will use the squad accordingly. Also wondering if Duffy is going to get a look in at some point, or possibly one of the few Jack has got wrong so far in terms of not using him - see Storie and Fjelde last season.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm also a big fan of his, and think he'll get used more as the pitches get heavier and our the ball is in the air slightly more often than on the ground. The manager knows what he's doing, and will use the squad accordingly. Also wondering if Duffy is going to get a look in at some point, or possibly one of the few Jack has got wrong so far in terms of not using him - see Storie and Fjelde last season.

It's a decent problem as we do have more than the 2 forwards who have been dominating the forum over the last 24 hours. :rolleyes:

Better to have too many than be struggling to find one or two, can't play everybody and it's going to be a long season.

Duffy will get a chance sometime, I'd imagine. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

It's a decent problem as we do have more than the 2 forwards who have been dominating the forum over the last 24 hours. :rolleyes:

Better to have too many than be struggling to find one or two, can't play everybody and it's going to be a long season.

Duffy will get a chance sometime, I'd imagine. 

Correct - I remember thinking Sutton, Clarkson, Hardie and Shankland would do us at the start of last season... :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I think Storie and Fjelde were really just a bit unlucky as both got game time as soon as they signed..........when Storie was signed nobody thought for a minute we'd be getting McGinn (definitely an upgrade) and Davis signing right at the end of the window was limiting in opportunities for Fjelde I'd think.

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I think Storie and Fjelde were really just a bit unlucky as both got game time as soon as they signed..........when Storie was signed nobody thought for a minute we'd be getting McGinn (definitely an upgrade) and Davis signing right at the end of the window was limiting in opportunities for Fjelde I'd think.

I agree, and also there always has to be an allowance for signings that just don't work out. If we have any more than 50% who do really well we're laughing. We managed that in January, and probably in the summer as well as it stands.

I don't think Magennis will start this match but in a couple of weeks hopefully he will be back in the team from the start with us playing a 4 ,4 1,1 with Magennis or Smith playing off Reilly I would imagine. Until then Jack will make his team selection depending on the weaknesses of the opposition I would think rather than sticking to a particular formation.

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Reading the Falkirk fan's posts on P&B, they seem unsure as to whether Grant or Balatoni will play, as there are concerns about Grant coping with our pace up front. Both are pretty strong in the air, as is Muirhead, who seems to be the one constant at CH. I reckon we'll play much more through midfield on the ground, given that Falkirk will most likely not sit in as much as Dumbarton.

TFS has a very large artificial playing surface, which would suit Stewart more than Sutton when players legs are fresh IMO.

Fortunately our excellent management team, seem to know what they're doing, when it comes to playing personnel, unlike most of us (and naturally I include myself) on here.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I see all the real saints fans are immersed debating our next big game... and then there are the others, poor souls, hoping to be noticed.

lets give them all a big hug.... welcome..! If you dont already know (and loads of people on here who actually know me in the real world do) my name is Tony Black... maybe everyone should name check themselves? Then we would all know exactly who we are dealing/conversing with.

as Delia would say " c'mon then... lets be 'aving you"

Your Family should merge with the Hole Clan, and you be known as Anthony  

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

Says the man who necessitated our former chairman phoning me up to express his disgust at your posts after he accidentally liked one of them.

You still challenging pensioners to a fight, big man?

Isn't it time you made another public decision to leave the forum, whining like a girl? :byebye

PS No more irony, you really make me laugh. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Isn't it time you made another public decision to leave the forum, whining like a girl? :byebye

PS No more irony, you really make me laugh. 

Don't know what you are on about, big man. But it appears you know what I am referring to.

As for whining, offering to beat up an old man just because he handed your arse back to you on a football forum doesn't exactly mark you out as a hardy sort.

Back under the rock with you, big man.

Big man.

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Don't know what you are on about, big man. But it appears you know what I am referring to.

As for whining, offering to beat up an old man just because he handed your arse back to you on a football forum doesn't exactly mark you out as a hardy sort.

Back under the rock with you, big man.

Big man.

:lol:

It seems to be hereditary, making stuff and spouting pish.  :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Why the playground insults?  Are you frequently in playgrounds?  If so, are you not worried that your continued presence there might arouse some scrutiny?

Please point out my insult . 

And of course would you like to expand on your implied scurrilous comments ?