St Mirren V Morton 28th Oct

Jimmy H

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

2-2 , I think Quitongo will continue to give us problems.

However ,if you believe in omens , in exactly the same week in 76 we beat them 5-1, following a 0-0 draw the previous week ! ^_^

Quitongo will continue to give us problems if he takes another dive and the inept official falls for it. 

Fortunately it won't be Collum who gives the diving rat another opportunity to cheat for a spot kick.

Im confident that we will be well up for revenge and that we will be on the front foot from the off.

3 points is a must if we want to continue the momentum. 

If we have any pretentions to winning the league, this is the sort of game we have to win. Doesn't matter that it's a derby. The team we are playing is well below us in the league and a team sitting on top of the league should be able to put them away.

I agree that Quitongo is their danger man but they also have other good players up front. Our defence will need to be on top form to look after them. Elsewhere, having Magennie back should help if he's up to speed and we need Smith, Morgan and Reilly to take the chances that were missed against Falkirk. We need to win and stay top as our next game is likely to be against a resurgent Dundee United at Tannadice.  That one is starting to look a real crunch game for our future prospects.

Having said all that, it will of course be a great bonus to pay our derby rivals back for their win at Cappielow!

COYS!

1 hour ago, pondsman said:

If we have any pretentions to winning the league, this is the sort of game we have to win. Doesn't matter that it's a derby. The team we are playing is well below us in the league and a team sitting on top of the league should be able to put them away.

I agree that Quitongo is their danger man but they also have other good players up front. Our defence will need to be on top form to look after them. Elsewhere, having Magennie back should help if he's up to speed and we need Smith, Morgan and Reilly to take the chances that were missed against Falkirk. We need to win and stay top as our next game is likely to be against a resurgent Dundee United at Tannadice.  That one is starting to look a real crunch game for our future prospects.

Having said all that, it will of course be a great bonus to pay our derby rivals back for their win at Cappielow!

COYS!

Eh !!!!!

59 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

a resurgent Dundee United        Eh !!!!!

They will sack the manager and get the new leader in charge boost against us... but they will still be woeful and we will take the 3 points

Edited by Sweeper07

Time to get back the mentality of old. Quitongo is their point of difference. Put him up in the f**king air within 5 minutes with an Aber-esque word in his ear that if he tries to play football, he won't have a solid ankle joint by 3.15pm.
The rest of that mob are shit and should be treated as so. Just run over them. Pass them off the park and they will cave in.
This mob are the third most hated filth of Scottish football in my eyes and they struck it lucky at that cesspit they call a home.
Let's destroy them. Payback time.

Ticket arrived yesterday. All set for this one. Couple of Hearts fans yesterday tipping Jim Duffy for the Scotland Job so  lets put another dent in his CV this week. 

At the Falkirk game on Saturday I heard the Old Craig Storrie/Rory Loy  chant being brought out the bag and dusted down for this season. I think its a catchy wee number but I missed the updated lyrics of the first two lines can someone fill in the updated prelude to

Someone said to me, who you going to see

I said, St Mirren FC

Just so I can do my bit to help put another St Mirren dent in Jim Duffy's record.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDtouzPUuiE4Ik7l6EtIj

Ticket arrived yesterday. All set for this one. Couple of Hearts fans yesterday tipping Jim Duffy for the Scotland Job so  lets put another dent in his CV this week. 
At the Falkirk game on Saturday I heard the Old Craig Storrie/Rory Loy  chant being brought out the bag and dusted down for this season. I think its a catchy wee number but I missed the updated lyrics of the first two lines can someone fill in the updated prelude to
Someone said to me, who you going to see
I said, St Mirren FC
Just so I can do my bit to help put another St Mirren dent in Jim Duffy's record.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDtouzPUuiE4Ik7l6EtIjp-riz0xFvE4DKc7cEp8Pt5ksOI1j1GA

Sounded a bit like it was maybe "we have a player Kyle McGennis, a player that comes from Pais-a-lee, he met a guy called Reilly, who said assist the goals for me......."

1 minute ago, Hambud said:

Sounded a bit like it was maybe "we have a player Kyle McGennis, a player that comes from Pais-a-lee, he met a guy called Reilly, who said assist the goals for me......."

Cheers that would make it 

We have a player called Kyle Magennis

A buddie who comes from Paisilee

He plays behind a guy called Reilly

who said assist the Goals  for me.

Reilly and Magennis don't rhyme the way Storrie And Rory did but that works. Cheers. I'll join in with great Gusto on saturday

On 10/23/2017 at 3:44 PM, billyg said:

2-2 , I think Quitongo will continue to give us problems.

However ,if you believe in omens , in exactly the same week in 76 we beat them 5-1, following a 0-0 draw the previous week ! ^_^

Thats the kind of Omen I would love to believe in. Very difficult one to call. 

Looking forward to this match which will be my first home game of the season. Cannot believe we will perform as poorly as we did at Cappielow, but we must keep 11 men on the park. And be careful not give the ref the opportunity to make a mistake.

Due to not winning at Falkirk, I'll reduce my crowd expectation to 5,750 but sticking with a 3-1 win for the Buddies - JR will have the boys well fired up for this one. COYS

Time to get back the mentality of old. Quitongo is their point of difference. Put him up in the f**king air within 5 minutes with an Aber-esque word in his ear that if he tries to play football, he won't have a solid ankle joint by 3.15pm.
The rest of that mob are shit and should be treated as so. Just run over them. Pass them off the park and they will cave in.
This mob are the third most hated filth of Scottish football in my eyes and they struck it lucky at that cesspit they call a home.
Let's destroy them. Payback time.

I’d personally rather we beat them by playing football than injure someone ‘accidentally’

So, we injure him , possible red card for us , the injured player will miss a few games benefiting other teams, while our player serves a 2 match suspension?

Aye, that’ll help.

Tight game , decent crowd over 5k , 2-2

42 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I’d personally rather we beat them by playing football than injure someone ‘accidentally’

So, we injure him , possible red card for us , the injured player will miss a few games benefiting other teams, while our player serves a 2 match suspension?

Aye, that’ll help.

Tight game , decent crowd over 5k , 2-2

I don't know but the boy has an Indian sign over us like Hartley in the past

He's a big problem for us

I'm sure they are all Queensbury rules over Morgan these days

Cheers that would make it 
We have a player called Kyle Magennis
A buddie who comes from Paisilee
He plays behind a guy called Reilly
who said assist the Goals  for me.
Reilly and Magennis don't rhyme the way Storrie And Rory did but that works. Cheers. I'll join in with great Gusto on saturday

I might have heard wrong though so if people point and laugh....I'm sorry. [emoji6]