St Mirren V Morton 28th Oct

Jimmy H

19 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Really, I didn't think we would go down

So as coherently as I can - Do you think we will win title, get play offs , miss out or be relegated this year!!! 

Would you not concede that at least until January it seemed certain we would be relegated ? Bottom of the league and with barely a win all season. When a completely new team appeared after that, it was a different story and by March I was convinced we would stay up, even if it meant a play off, such was the improvement and quality of players. I defy anyone but the most wildly optimistic to differ from that opinion.

As for this season, we have started well, tailed off a bit recently and need improvement. I don't think we will win the title but the play offs are a must, and I believe we could emerge from that in good shape. Perhaps a player or two added to the squad could make all the difference between automatic and play off promotion.

I have, until this season been a pessimist for several years, with very good cause. A succession of completely dud managers and decisions by the board have seen us plunge from a regular top league team to where we are now. Thankfully an unusually good decision(to appoint JR) has halted and reversed the slide. The emergence of a few very good players has helped to re-invigorate the team and more importantly the fan base which had shrunk to a small hard core in recent years. Its fun to go to games again, something missing for a very long time.

I don't expect agreement from you, but that's your entitlement. I do, however, take exception to your suggestion that I go and support another team. One may change many things in ones life, the football team is for life.

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

Would you not concede that at least until January it seemed certain we would be relegated ? Bottom of the league and with barely a win all season. When a completely new team appeared after that, it was a different story and by March I was convinced we would stay up, even if it meant a play off, such was the improvement and quality of players. I defy anyone but the most wildly optimistic to differ from that opinion.

As for this season, we have started well, tailed off a bit recently and need improvement. I don't think we will win the title but the play offs are a must, and I believe we could emerge from that in good shape. Perhaps a player or two added to the squad could make all the difference between automatic and play off promotion.

I have, until this season been a pessimist for several years, with very good cause. A succession of completely dud managers and decisions by the board have seen us plunge from a regular top league team to where we are now. Thankfully an unusually good decision(to appoint JR) has halted and reversed the slide. The emergence of a few very good players has helped to re-invigorate the team and more importantly the fan base which had shrunk to a small hard core in recent years. Its fun to go to games again, something missing for a very long time.

I don't expect agreement from you, but that's your entitlement. I do, however, take exception to your suggestion that I go and support another team. One may change many things in ones life, the football team is for life.

Froggie is not vital I agree with everything as its ur opinion and that's respected.............. The club sure has been on the spiral since Danny got bagged, as there was no Plan B. Certainly agree its fun going to games as I expect rather than hope and that's all down to 2 men. Jack and Gordon IMHO.....

I was kidding about Celtic, they cant even beat Bayern's B team and therefore are shite

COYS