Could Our Stadium Have Been Designed Better ?

shull

This has been done to death.
The brief from the Tesco deal was a stadium built to SPL criteria. That was it, plain and simple. No scope for bells and whistles or bespoke features.
Gordon Scott was as frustrated as anyone else about this.
So, could it have been designed better? Well, no, not really. Not in the real world, anyway.

So Falkirk can have a cracking main stand but we can't what a load of bollocks anyone can clearly see there was no real thought put into the out side design of the main stand. But could be changed for not a great deal of cash. As I said before the three entrances to the stand could be given a more asteticly pleasing look on the outside .

Filling in the corners of all 4 stands would make a huge difference to the look on the inside of the stadium, and help with solving the problem of swirling winds during the bad weather. I do agree with Elvis that more could be done to make the outside of the main stand more aesthetically pleasing. 

Well done to SMISA for the work already carried out as it has made a difference, feels more like home these days, although nothing will ever feel the same as the old girl love st.

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

So Falkirk can have a cracking main stand but we can't what a load of bollocks anyone can clearly see there was no real thought put into the out side design of the main stand. But could be changed for not a great deal of cash. As I said before the three entrances to the stand could be given a more asteticly pleasing look on the outside .

Falkirk don't own there stadium it was built and paid for by the local council so they obviously had a bit more cash to play with, but I 

agree the main stand looks great a bit like Hampden only smaller, yet the atmosphere inside the ground is pish with that 4th stand 

missing..

35 minutes ago, elvis said:

You didn't understand my post at all, did you?

Would it have helped if I had used a bigger font size?

18 minutes ago, elvis said:

It would still be a load of Bollox. 

Really?

Maybe you can help me out then.

What were Tesco obliged to provide by way of stadium spec in the context of the sale of Love Street?

Oh, and on what basis are you reaching the conclusion that Gordon Scott was talking bollox(sic)?

1 hour ago, elvis said:

But Falkirk started out in that stadium with just a main stand, an away stand and a marquee stall stand. They then, at a later date had the other stand behind the goals funded solely by Schuh tycoon who is a Falkirk fan at no cost to the club.

If it was possible in the future if our board decided to fill at least one of the corners in, they could have an exec box there that could join on to either the supporters club end or the end that joins with the family stand.

Edited by kevo_smfc

53 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

But Falkirk started out in that stadium with just a main stand, an away stand and a marquee stall stand. They then, at a later date had the other stand behind the goals funded solely by Schuh tycoon who is a Falkirk fan at no cost to the club.

If it was possible in the future if our board decided to fill at least one of the corners in, they could have an exec box there that could join on to either the supporters club end or the end that joins with the family stand.

The Falkirk fan did put the money up for the stand but it is being repaid to him over a long period of time say some Falkirk fans on P&B. Can remember reading about a while ago.

Did you really have to post that. panda.jpg.f70005908f74d8928f042db338c87fe9.jpg

We rent out the hospitality areas for functions, people put banners up , Happy Birthday etc , no harm in a sign going up on a rented space.

Our dull grey box of a stadium doesn’t look great, but thankfully it’s what happens on the pitch that what go to see.

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

We rent out the hospitality areas for functions, people put banners up , Happy Birthday etc , no harm in a sign going up on a rented space.

Our dull grey box of a stadium doesn’t look great, but thankfully it’s what happens on the pitch that what go to see.

Wouldn't a wee sign on the door have be suffice.

Wouldn't a wee sign on the door have be suffice.

Honestly don’t think it matters.

Wee sign, big sign, they paid to use the space but thankfully the only green that matters to us is the pitch [emoji4]

I think we use it 25 times a year ? A lot of days when it’s good to rent out.

Yes, it certainly could. Maybe have needed a slightly bigger budget.  I agree with HSS that the Stands should have been elevated for far better viewing. 

Four Stands identical to Hamilton's two would have been perfect. 

Alternatively, I would have two,  3000 seater Stands on the East and West sides. 

And behind each end, 2000 capacity Standing Areas. 

Just a much larger version of Forthbank Stadium with the Terracings covered. 

Any more ideas? 

Make the family stand huge with a gym and 2 x 5 a side pitches within and make the away fans use it, shorten the main stand and add another tier, close the west toilets and make everyone pish up the back and put the family in the old away end. Also put it on wheels and tow it tae shortroods Imagine how good...

I think we should've filled the corners in making the stadium more oval with floating seats that would've allowed for a continuous Mexican wave affect which would encourage more kids and families to come as it could've been sold as a fairground theme with the added hilarity of trying to eat your big hotdog covered in sauce and coke. For an added fee, we could've sold photos of the hilarious photos like they do on fairground rides. The atmosphere would be amazing and the new drum and bass section would look brill..

Sent from my HTC 10 using Black and White Army mobile app

Should be happy with what we have got. Although the pictures above look great you never know once we own the club that could be our first project.

Tesco lost interest in our stadium once they found out that there was no other serious bid on the table and they felt they were duped into buying love St. They basically lost £8m on the deal.

Tesco gave us a great starting block we can only add to it