Could Our Stadium Have Been Designed Better ?

shull

On 12/10/2017 at 10:57 PM, Hikerdelic said:

Executive boxes along the back of the main stand. Weird they didn't do it.

It's good to sit in the atmosphere.

Nothing feels better on a winter's day than going back in for your halftime tea and pie with rosy cheeks.

We will need the extra Capacity when we are chasing Tony's target next season of the SPFL Premiership Title. 

Then, subsequently when we enter the Champions League in 2019/20.

Edited by shull

A running track. We could've had a running track. Has anyone mentioned a running track? A running in track is something we could've had. Stewart Gilmour messed up big time on not insisting we get a running track..........................

Interestingly I stumbled upon this recently 

warrington Wolves have. a Barr built stadium

it held  around 13000 on completion

it is a good model to show costs - expansion and capacity 

Warrington Stadium rents out office space to NHS and has  in operated club shop

it now has a mega big advertising electronic screen along side the A49

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/super_league/warrington/9412710.stm

i hope this life no works as an illustrative example  when they decided to fill in two  corners

A quick surf on the web shows the local paper mentioning figures of 1.2 to 2 million investment to create extra seats and hospitality areas 

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, pod said:

Wouldn't have mattered what you got, you would always have wanted something better. :rolleyes:

Quite right, quite right indeed.

Our stadium is a shining example of cutting edge modern architecture at it's very best and if Shull thinks differently he can sniff my smell sphincter muscle after a curry lunch.

Our stadium is our fortress, our stadium in our home and our stadium really IS our stadium since it is paid off.  Now brighthouse style refunds for us!!!!!

Edited by TediousTom
spelling

Office blocks, conference facilities work if you can fill them. Office space is the hardest type of commercial property to rent.

now if only someone could get a retail development off the ground that the club could piggy back additional facilities on the back of, whilst coining in hundreds of thousands in annual rent... crazy idea eh..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

43 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Just back in from town (Ayr) where I stopped in to buy a coupla Empire Biscuits from an old colleague who now runs his own shop, but getting to the point he said GHR was a "great wee grun" which is the general opinion of any Ayr fan I've ever spoken to on this issue.

It is a great wee grun, and it's beginning to generate some great memories, which were sorely lacking in the initial few years of existence. It's not perfect, not what I would have went for in terms of the steepness and height of the stands, but it's growing on me as time goes by. It'll never be Love Street, which will remain in my heart forever, with so many incredible memories over many years, but it is far better than many (including myself) have made out in the past.

Edited by Soctty