Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v St Mirren Scottish Cup 3rd Round

shull

Why would a replay be on a Saturday? Happens in the early rounds where non-league teams don't have lights but don't see why that should be the case here.
Hopefully we won't need a replay.

Replay ffs. if that happen the players should be matched up to the grassmarket and strung up like they did in the old days [emoji102]

14 hours ago, renfrew said:

Replay ffs. if that happen the players should be matched up to the grassmarket and strung up like they did in the old days emoji102.png

Our treble winning squad needed a second go at beating Spartans so not that ridiculous a notion.

No they haven't. 
Their badly worded tweet should say IF the game is off it will be played at Saughton Enclosure on Saturday 25th at a time TBC.
If the game is played and goes to a replay it will be on the 25th  at 3pm at SMP.

You guys having a laugh. We have a league game in the far flung regions of the country on the 25th and all my travel and accommodation have been booked. I'll get awful lonely in Inverness if all you lot dump me for cup game in Paisley [emoji43]

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

You guys having a laugh. We have a league game in the far flung regions of the country on the 25th and all my travel and accommodation have been booked. I'll get awful lonely in Inverness if all you lot dump me for cup game in Paisley emoji43.png

Sadly not. The SFA's rules state that in the first 3 rounds of the cup, in the even of postponements or replays, the cup has precedence over league games.

I have several mates who have booked the Mercure Hotel in Inverness for the Friday and Saturday nights and yet if the cup game is postponed or drawn, it will take place on the 25th with the ICT game postponed unless the 2 clubs come to an agreement.

If you look at the picture I posted above, it IS a grass pitch they have there. However the weather forecast for Edinburgh for Friday into Saturday is dry and a low of 4C so it should be playable.

Sadly not. The SFA's rules state that in the first 3 rounds of the cup, in the even of postponements or replays, the cup has precedence over league games.
I have several mates who have booked the Mercure Hotel in Inverness for the Friday and Saturday nights and yet if the cup game is postponed or drawn, it will take place on the 25th with the ICT game postponed unless the 2 clubs come to an agreement.
If you look at the picture I posted above, it IS a grass pitch they have there. However the weather forecast for Edinburgh for Friday into Saturday is dry and a low of 4C so it should be playable.

I liked your post but feck I don't like the prospect of going to Inverness as a tourist. That's a disaster scenario. I'll be mad on Saturday if we get beat but I'll be fecking hysterical if we draw. What a stupid rule. Imo

Currently doing some research on behalf of the thousands of buds who will be flooding through Waverley on Saturday. Mmm hundreds then. Well the trickle. In tiles bistro which is the nearest pub to the Waverly tram stop. £4 for a pint of tenants but it's the city centre. It's football and rugby friendly. I'll just try the Merlin's ale. Not bad.......Shull calm down I'm researching.

Now in right thread.
Both bet 365 and Willie hill have our game KO at 3pm In a perfect world all buddies could be a millionaire if stayed that way betting on final score afore 3 ! Limited betting opportunities at moment with restricted betting on bookies options a bet on bet 365 over 2.5 goals of £37.74 will return ure £10 ticket price Banker bet surely ! Hope we can sell out allocation COYS

16 November 2017

Jack Ross: Looking forward to cup match

SMFC Webteam

Saints News

St Mirren manager Jack Ross says he's looking forward to Saturday's match after a free weekend last week.

The Buddies are back in action as they travel to Edinburgh to face Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale in the Third Round of the William Hill Scottish Cup. 

The 2016-17 East of Scotland League Champions have had a terrific start to their season - defeating League Two side Stirling Albion 5-3 in the previous round to set up this weekend's clash.

And they come into Saturday's match on the back of a 5-1 win over Tynecastle in the SFA South Region Challenge Cup last Saturday.

The gaffer has already seen the in-form Vale side in action and admits he won't be taking them lightly.

"It's nice to have it to look forward to and it's different," he said. "In cup competitions I like to get drawn against someone out with our league. When we come round to the game the players will look forward to it and enjoy the different experience of it. 

"They've had a great season so far and I know they won again on Saturday and what they've achieved in the league has been terrific, but I look forward to it. 

"James and I went to their game against Peebles a couple of midweeks ago. It shows the respect we are giving them in terms of how we prepare for the game that our preparation is the same and consistent as it is for any opposition. 

"We'll play what we feel is our strongest team to win the match. There are sometimes one or two changes depending on what you want to do for a specific game and we've obviously had players away with the Scotland U21s so we'll assess them. But we'll treat it as every other game for us and with the utmost respect."  

Saints defender Harry Davis told stmirren.com that he is ready to go this weekend if called upon after a lengthy spell out injured. 

Davis played for an hour in a bounce match against a strong Celtic side at Lennoxtown last week.

The manager admits he was happy with how the 26 year-old performed and say he comes into his thoughts for Saturday's match. 

He did really good," said Jack. "He's had a couple of weeks full training now, but eight months is a long period to be out for. His general fitness is good it's just the sharpness aspect of it.

"I was really pleased with him. It was a good test as well because they had some strong players playing and he's come through it fine. He's starting to be in my thoughts and he may be around the squad on Saturday which is a bonus.

"It just strengthens us," he continued. "We've had a difficult season in that regard because we've been missing players consistently through the season and it's left us a little short. It'd be great to have Gary [MacKenzie] and Josh [Todd] back as well. But getting Harry back is at least one back and he showed in his spell here last year how important a player he could be.

"Gary is still working back from his achilles. I think timescale wise we are hoping he is getting towards the end of it and in a week, week and a half's time, he will be back training with us.

"He's getting closer but by the time that comes around he'll have been out 15/16 weeks. Being out that length of time it takes a little while to get back to full fitness as well." 

Highlighted is a worrying statement.

He probably did the same for the Raith Rovers match.

Just get our best Team picked and no resting of any players.

Edited by shull

Plan of action is for myself and Supermac to get the 10:15 from Queens Street through to Waverley then hit a pub for a few pre match ales before getting the number 25 bus out towards the stadium.

I am sure there will be a few fellow buds on this early train.

Can't wait for what should be a great day out assuming we don't draw or get beat. ;-)

On 15/11/2017 at 2:18 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

Currently doing some research on behalf of the thousands of buds who will be flooding through Waverley on Saturday. Mmm hundreds then. Well the trickle. In tiles bistro which is the nearest pub to the Waverly tram stop. £4 for a pint of tenants but it's the city centre. It's football and rugby friendly. I'll just try the Merlin's ale. Not bad.......Shull calm down I'm researching.

Always organised Malky got the home work done you remind me of me. Hey you did not tell me my days would now be a hard graft. My jeans are hanging off me and only two weeks in :huh:

34 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Plan of action is for myself and Supermac to get the 10:15 from Queens Street through to Waverley then hit a pub for a few pre match ales before getting the number 26 bus out towards the stadium.

I am sure there will be a few fellow buds on this early train.

Can't wait for what should be a great day out assuming we don't draw or get beat. ;-)

Just to let you know mate, (i dunno if it was a typo or not) but you need to get the 25 bus to where the ground is not the 26 bus, otherwise you will end up down in musselburgh for the afternoon