Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale v St Mirren Scottish Cup 3rd Round

shull

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:25 PM, HSS said:

Ask the pilot to keep you updated.

She did and when she said we lost the 2nd half 1 - 0  I thought since it is a woman pilot she won't know anything about football  :rolleyes:  Can't park a plane either since she ended up at a domestic stand instead of an international one :lol:  Shame we lost a goal but shit sometimes happen.

Enjoyable day in the capital. The ground felt like Kelburn cricket ground. A sports ground in the middle of a housing estate . Pretty surreal setting . Very professional performance today epitomised for me by McGinn running to get the ball out of glens Hutchinson robertsons stepeks net after our first goal . You could see we were well up for it after that , not that I doubted our commitment pre match .

Yeah next time we play shite and get beat we can see how many posts are on here moaning certain players did not try or give 100% does not matter the result the least we should expect is a team giving 100%.

Another gripe from the second half if we had not chucked it they would not have scored and we could have had a clean sheet. That could give confidence to our weakest part of the team

Not too sure what to say here. Are you complaining that we only won 7-1?

You must be new. Let me warn you, it gets a lot worse than this.

5 hours ago, notabuddie said:

I'm glad we are through to the next round, I'm Happy that we had a great first half totally professional

The thing I'm unhappy at is how we approached the second half.
Ask any supporter their honest opinion were they happy with the second half performance.

I would bet that the answer is no

My honest answer is that I am not fussed as we already scored 7 in the first half. 

At half time, when the game was completely done,  I'd have rather had 7-1 and 90 strong injury free minutes from out team, including Kyle and Harry than any other outcome.

Especially given that a couple of LTHV players - their left back in particular - seemed intent on leaving their mark on Saints players. 

6 hours ago, notabuddie said:

I'm glad we are through to the next round, I'm Happy that we had a great first half totally professional

Ask any supporter their honest opinion were they happy with the second half performance.

It depends on ehether you are only interested in winning or whether you believe you are paying to be entertained.

I have a lot of sympathy with your point here. I will never understand why players down tools just because the game is won.

I would always want to be ruthless to the end.

11 hours ago, notabuddie said:

Yeah next time we play shite and get beat we can see how many posts are on here moaning certain players did not try or give 100% does not matter the result the least we should expect is a team giving 100%.

Another gripe from the second half if we had not chucked it they would not have scored and we could have had a clean sheet. That could give confidence to our weakest part of the team

Before yesterday I looked up the stats of them and was surprised at what the figures showed my first thought was this has the potential of being  a  ( Banana skin). They have scored 54 goals this season , undefeated , Knocked out two senior clubs in the Scottish Cup East Fife at home after that they travelled  to Stirling the curent leaders of league 2 and put 5 past them to play us. So to put 7 past them in 45min and only lose 1 is impressive for me.  

Hutchison Vale Community sports football club

Page Liked · 13 hrs · 

Our club leader Tam Smith and Hutchie Stalwart Jimmy Stanton present a Gift to St Mirren for today’s William Hills Scottish cup 3rd Round The result wasn’t what we wanted but the lads did them self proud in the second half, we also say thanks to a very nice St Mirren Committee and some class young players in their side we wish you well for the rest of the season, and VERY BIG THANK YOU MUST GO TO ALL THE FANS WHO TURNED OUT IN THEIR HUNDREDS TO SUPPORT THE CLUB WELL DONE TO YOU ALL , official attendance will be announced soon ,

lthv.jpg.e84ae1b2a4fabbe6ce7c1ad0a6a2243e.jpg

13 minutes ago, smfcuk said:

It's no wonder we were shite in the 2nd half most of the fans went to the pub at half time lol

Most Fans I spoke to were eagerly awaiting the 2nd half.Everyone was thinking they were going to be part of history in the making of a new record score.

Alas,they'd have been better going to the pub.:rolleyes:

Considering the stats presented by IOBS regarding their results in the cup this season, is it not possible, they had an absolute howler of a 1st half, came back out for a 2nd half after a rollocking & performed closer to their expected level?

I'd imagine playing for their pride & not conceding into double figures would have had considerable influence on stopping us play our game the way it was.

It is also possible, our teams game plan changed too with the game won already.

8 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

To the few that are complaining about not seeing us scoring more goals in the second half. What would your reaction have been if a player had picked up a booking, suspension or injury in there attempt to increase our 7/6 goal lead?

Why would that have to be the alternative?