John Sutton

Best of luck in your new career John Sutton, and thanks for Motherwell 2-3, plus many other great memories. Hope your time in charge of Morton’s development squad sees them retain their position as the second-best development squad in Renfrewshire.

:D

Does this mean he's hung up his boots? I thought he still had another season left at championship level.

I read something on P+B about John signing for Morton but naturally thought I would be as a player , maybe he is doing both. Good luck to him in this new career.

Yup hung up his boots.

Just taking on the coaching role. Couple of Morton fans annoyed that they aren't signing him as a player.

I think he is probably thinking along the lines of sign off with a medal and why spend another year as an unused sub.

Yup hung up his boots.  
Just taking on the coaching role. Couple of Morton fans annoyed that they aren't signing him as a player.

I think he is probably thinking along the lines of sign off with a medal and why spend another year as an unused sub.

Shame he wasn't wearing his medal in the photo [emoji209]

9 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Good luck John. Thanks for all the great goals and memories.

The two goals in the comeback against Motherwell are still at the forefront of my mind, I can visualise it as if he scored it yesterday. Watching from the stand behind as Meldrum completely messed up that save  up and the ball bounced through his legs. The way Sutton peeled off from the crowd of bodies in the box as if he already knew where the follow up was going before volleying in the 2nd. Mehmet's goal is right there too with the pass from Broadfoot in the box. I've seen many goals and games since that incredible day, but few goals stick so well in the memory without having to refer to highlights. Give it 20 years and I will still probably remember those goals even if I haven't seen a clip of them in years. 

Big John's legacy has long since been sealed.  A wonderful servant, and a good guy.
There were people crying in the stands after Fir Park '07.
First time I'd seen that since Ham**rby.

Ooft , I remember walking back to Foxbar after ‘that’ game.

The ‘H’ word on here still hits a nerve.

However, John Sutton, served us well & wish him well in his new role ( but only limited success ha )

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...