Chairman's statement

Liverpool Bud

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/club-news/1271-smisa-2-quarterly-spend

what do Buds feel about Gordon's statement 

im nailing my colours to the mast and I'm in agreement ?

I was surprised to see it in the list of options for the October spend but as Gordon rightly says it will be down to the members to decide

Mixed views. See both sides of the argument but on balance I’m inclined to vote no and agree with the chairman. But I don’t support funding core first team things like new footballs either the club need to manage that directly.

I think (personal view only) the best outputs from this initiative have been the projects that have improved access for disabled fans and youth projects. These are the things that often get overlooked and it’s great we can help.

I do however admire the team at SMISA for standing firm and giving the option to the contributing fans to decide.

Just as he weighed in to influence the election of the Smisa Director on the club board, now he is telling US (smisa members) we need to be giving him all our money.... absolutely shocking attitude, position and statement.

Gordon how about giving us a breakdown of how much the other major shareholder in SMFC has actually put into the club? We know about the tens of thousands Smisa have put in.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

He ain't happy emoji28.png

What's the SMISA spend got to do with him incidentally?

What he omits from his statement is the hundreds of thousands(yes that much) the club rakes in from the council to operate street stuff!

regardless of how members decide to vote the club is a multi million turnover business, Glenvale is a community volunteer run football club and he is crying his eyes out that they might get £1800 he isnae getting. Shameful.

Think the statement is quite straightforward for anyone without a chip on their shoulder - He pushes SMFC staff to increase numbers at Street Stuff and Saints community work in general.  This would compete against it.

He is only putting his point forward, its up to everyone to vote as normal.

Would say it seems quite a small issue to issue a statement on, but then Sevco have really lowered the barrier there lately.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How will the club look when this is in the PDE or The Record..?

i wonder if our chairman considered that before telling smisa members hiw to spend their funds? 

I have read & re-read the statement & i cannot see where he has told anyone what to do with their money .  The last sentence makes it clear.

"As always it will be down to you as individuals to make your decision on how the money is spent but I felt I had to give you the clubs perspective on this occasion."

19 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have read & re-read the statement & i cannot see where he has told anyone what to do with their money .  The last sentence makes it clear.

"As always it will be down to you as individuals to make your decision on how the money is spent but I felt I had to give you the clubs perspective on this occasion."

See you wi yer school playground posts. :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

See our old friend Stuart Dickson is commenting on said statement on Facebook. For someone not interested in St Mirren still seems interested to me, unsurprisingly he is having a go at the club.

He's not the only person posting anywhere they can to "prove a point".....................have a guess. 

There are plenty of clubs in the P&D that could do with investment, but as far as I'm concerned my extra £2 a month should be going toward improving the stadium, the matchday experience, or the chance of us picking up 3 points (Yes, there is the slim chance that we fund Glenvale who in turn produce a new Morgan who signs for us).

This one looks too much like us playing camelot dishing out money to worthy causes. Who next fancies some of our pot?

4 hours ago, Liverpool Bud said:

https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/club-news/1271-smisa-2-quarterly-spend

what do Buds feel about Gordon's statement 

im nailing my colours to the mast and I'm in agreement ?

I was surprised to see it in the list of options for the October spend but as Gordon rightly says it will be down to the members to decide

I was surprised to see it on the list. 

Hadn't read his statement but was the only one I voted no for. 

I thought the entire list of options wasn't up to much tbh.