Attendances

Kemp

Very easy to believe there were 2500 empty seats today. I reckoned Main and West stands were about 85-90% full today, but probably almost 1500 empty seats in family stand and Morton end... I would guess family stand was about 40% capacity and Morton end 50%. The ground looked busy and I thought it might be around the 6k mark.

Looked about right. 

Family stand about half full. 800 empty seats. 

500 Empty seats in away end. 

West stand had plent empty seats south of the half way line  

main stand 80% full  

Doesn't take long to get to 2500 empty seats.   

Why do some people make such a big deal about this? 

We now have and all ticket stadium with barcode entry system. Do you really think we can fudge the numbers in a facility like this in 2017? 

Not a chance.  

10 minutes ago, davidg said:

Looked about right. 

main stand 80% full  

We now have and all ticket stadium with barcode entry system. Do you really think we can fudge the numbers in a facility like this in 2017? 

Not a chance.  

You know how some people love to make stuff up..................it'll never end. 

Dim doesn't cover these types. 

20 minutes ago, davidg said:

Looked about right. 

main stand 80% full  

Not a chance.  

Only looking at an average of about 60 empty seats in each of the 7 blocks in the west and main stands to account for today's attendance. Or an average of about 5 empty seats per row in a block. I saw about 10 empty seats in our block in row a and one or two in row b for the block I was in... it was busier than usual and looked close to capacity at first glance but as you said almost half the empty seats were in the away end and family section straight away. If everyone in rows a b and c at today's game found seats further back in those stands and their seats were empty it might be easier to spot why we weren't anywhere near the 8k today.  Highest home attendance since Jack Ross became manager.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

4 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Only looking at an average of about 60 empty in each of the 7 blocks in the west and main stands. I saw about 10 empty seats in our block in row a and one or two in row b for the block I was in... it was busier than usual and looked close to capacity at first glance but as you said almost half the empty seats were in the away end and family section straight away. I everyone in rows a b and c at today's game found seats further back in those stands and their seats were empty it might be easier to spot why we weren't anywhere near the 8k today.  

You should be watching the game more instead of counting empty seats. :wink:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You should be watching the game more instead of counting empty seats. :wink:

;-)

Arrived in my seat 5 minutes before kick off and guestimated around the 6k mark today. In previous seasons counting empty seats during the match may have been more entertaining than the football on the park.

1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

No is doesn't, 1100 Morton fans, 1600 seats,  I thought it looked a lot more than 5500..

Sorry bud, my bad . Hospitality & another bottle if wine doesnt help with maths. However , 500 empty away seats, at leats 1000 in the family stand and the remainder elswhere still makes the total about right . fwiw , one of my hospitality colleagues (a eptic fan) aske what i thought the attendance was , i said 5400..... i was slagged off for geting it 94 wrong !!

Was gouing to edit but you get the f**kin gist!!

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

I too found it hard to believe the figure announced. Very few empty seats in the main stand (less than 20), More I would guess in the West Stand..that I grant. About 500 empty in Away end and around 700 in Family Stand so my guesimate would be 8023 - 1500 =6,523 or thereabouts. I could be wrong though!

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I too found it hard to believe the figure announced. Very few empty seats in the main stand (less than 20), More I would guess in the West Stand..that I grant. About 500 empty in Away end and around 700 in Family Stand so my guesimate would be 8023 - 1500 =6,523 or thereabouts. I could be wrong though!

That's almost a certainty. :lol:

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Really ?    Behave yourself ! 

I was i the main stand hospitality today and we commented on the empty seats (about 50+ ) in front and to the left of us. We couldnt see 80% of the mainstand but i find it hard to believe every other seat was atken .

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really ?    Behave yourself ! 

I was i the main stand hospitality today and we commented on the empty seats (about 50+ ) in front and to the left of us. We couldnt see 80% of the mainstand but i find it hard to believe every other seat was atken .

Were you imbibing the wine before the match?. This might have impaired your vision.

57 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

There were 10 empty seats in row A in front of myself in row B in our block of the main stand which has 6 other blocks of seating. Although our block looked full I would not have been all that surprised if there were around 50 empty seats in it and the blocks at the far ends of the main stand tend to have less people in them than towards the centre of the stand.

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

There were 10 empty seats in row A in front of myself in row B in our block of the main stand which has 6 other blocks of seating. Although our block looked full I would not have been all that surprised if there were around 50 empty seats in it and the blocks at the far ends of the main stand tend to have less people in them than towards the centre of the stand.

I'm starting to worry about you................................:lol:

WGAF about empty seats...................well, apart for a few. :rolleyes:

PS What happened to the "counting planes" game, it was much more exciting. 

Edited by faraway saint