Pub talk and Joma Tops

Okay it’s a misleading title but this came to my attention on Saturday when I was having a pre-match pint in the Last Post and a Bud sporting one of the new 140th anniversary tops boasted that the badge was embroidered and not glued on like the rest of the Joma tops. He informed us he was fed up because all The St Mirren badges kept falling off his other Joma tops highlighting the First team home kit and white polo neck Joma top me and my mate were wearing.

“Never had any bother with mine” says I “Badge is stuck on tight as a badgers ……..”

Anyway, that was me cursed sure as hell I got home Saturday night and the badge is hanging off my white Joma polo top. Never had any bother with any of my older St Mirren tops or T shirts some of which have been through the wash hundreds of times but I only bought this in September and it’s been washed maybe 4-6 times max. Are the Bud and I from the Last Post the only ones who have purchased Tops not fit for purpose or is it a common problem. I’ve got two Joma T shirts and a first team top which won’t look as good badge-less

Anyone recommend a good fabric glue or do I have to find someone who can sew.

IMG_20171030_134525612.jpg

19 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Okay it’s a misleading title but this came to my attention on Saturday when I was having a pre-match pint in the Last Post and a Bud sporting one of the new 140th anniversary tops boasted that the badge was embroidered and not glued on like the rest of the Joma tops. He informed us he was fed up because all The St Mirren badges kept falling off his other Joma tops highlighting the First team home kit and white polo neck Joma top me and my mate were wearing.

“Never had any bother with mine” says I “Badge is stuck on tight as a badgers ……..”

Anyway, that was me cursed sure as hell I got home Saturday night and the badge is hanging off my white Joma polo top. Never had any bother with any of my older St Mirren tops or T shirts some of which have been through the wash hundreds of times but I only bought this in September and it’s been washed maybe 4-6 times max. Are the Bud and I from the Last Post the only ones who have purchased Tops not fit for purpose or is it a common problem. I’ve got two Joma T shirts and a first team top which won’t look as good badge-less

Anyone recommend a good fabric glue or do I have to find someone who can sew.

IMG_20171030_134525612.jpg

IMG_1545.JPG

1 hour ago, shull said:

Badge falling off daughter's Top after 2 washes. 

Took it back to the Shop last week and the gentleman there fixed it while I waited, about 10 minutes. 

First class job. 

Mmmm First class job on third rate product if this is a common fault. What did he use to fix it. Do you know?

7 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Mmmm First class job on third rate product if this is a common fault. What did he use to fix it. Do you know?

Top itself is fine. The Company putting the badge on was the problem. 

Dunno what he used to fix it. Badge still on after another wash. 

37 minutes ago, shull said:

Top itself is fine. The Company putting the badge on was the problem. 

Dunno what he used to fix it. Badge still on after another wash. 

Cheers. It seems to be a common problem. I'm trying to source some fabric glue but in the back of beyond that ain't so easy. I'll head into the big smoke in due course. Not sure about buying any more Joma tops though if they are not fit for purpose. Shame I liked that top too. I'll speak to the shop staff next time I'm over. 

It's good that folk are 'fixing' badges falling off. The fact is that they shouldn't be falling off in the first place. The folk responsible for kit sourcing should bill Joma for any replacement kits/repairs/refunds and told to chase themselves if the can't produce a kit the self destructs before half a dozen washes(at best in some cases)

Pretty sure this was addressed on the last update from GS. The company that Joma use to iron the badges has been blamed and changed to someone in Scotland for next year. My badge on mthe away top I got was coming off, but I took it to the shop and it was ironed back on by the kit man and i've had no trouble since.

On 30/10/2017 at 11:38 PM, cardeebuds said:

Pretty sure this was addressed on the last update from GS. The company that Joma use to iron the badges has been blamed and changed to someone in Scotland for next year. My badge on mthe away top I got was coming off, but I took it to the shop and it was ironed back on by the kit man and i've had no trouble since.

Cheers for that. I wasn't aware of the GS update but good to know the club are aware. I'll definitely contact the shop when I get a chance and try to get them to instigate the repair. Any other supplier I would have been demanding a refund but when its your own club, you make irrational allowances so if the club have taken the necessary steps to eradicate the problem and have a repair plan in place for affected buyers that's good enough for me.  I still fancy the black 140th anniversary top with the stitched on badge.

• 4 weeks later...

throw a tea towel over it and run the iron over it, it should  stick on easily enough.

embroidered badges tend to work out cheaper than iron on badges but the iron on badges are more convenient for the supplier/manufacturer

Edited by Graeme Aitken
typo

• 1 month later...