St Mirren v Livingston(Postponed) 11/11/17

Ronnie

Definitely among the best in league. Morgan goal was a great change of tactic as livi defenders won all the high balls all night. They lost the plot after the second goal and referee was very soft on them for some of their tackles. Last two results have put to bed historically poor records against both teams and we must be a serious challenge to united for this league now. Morgan was outstanding again

Just in, tremendous 2nd half.

Morgan scored the kind of goal he's scored a couple of times already this season, he took a short corner which was returned to him, he sped to the edge of the box and fired in a low left footer which the keeper allowed to squirm under him.

Second was a move down the left, a great burst into the box by Eckersley and his shot was cleared off the line but rebounded off a defender and/or keeper and dribbled over the line.

Third was a penalty after a shirt tug and was put away well by McShane.

Livi showed their hammer thrower side at times tonight , the tackle on young Smith was a shocker , should have been a red card.   Great result , showed fantastic spirit and fight to get back into and then win the game. 

Morgan , Cammy & Reilly were superb,  Davis still looks a wee bit short of pace and not quite up to match speed yet, we can only get better as this team continues to gel. 

Quite simply. The mark of champions. Going a goal down to one of our nearest rivals and showing character and no little skill to come back and win the game is indeed the epitome of a championship winning team. Not even December and we're not talking relegation would have been a plus after recent seasons.

ETA. I don't follow Shull's posts but someone quoted him and, in this instance, WELL DONE in your prediction after we lost the first goal. Many didn't have your belief

Edited by stlucifer

Pretty even game. Samson at fault for the goal. Our finishing has been poor. They will do their best to shit fest the second half and hit us on the break.

But harsh on Samson I'm my opinion. He did well with initial block with his shins but was 2nd to the rebound.

I felt McGinn should have done better defensively at the knock down.

Great 2nd half performance. 1st no one was getting up to support Reilly he was a bit isolated. But 2nd half was full of pace and energy. Morgan and Eckersley inter play and sharp passing was superb. Davis getting stronger every game. bit short of pace but that's to be expected. Great 3 points. MOM Morgan. Coys.

But harsh on Samson I'm my opinion. He did well with initial block with his shins but was 2nd to the rebound.

I felt McGinn should have done better defensively at the knock down.

Agreed.

The ball came through a load of bodies and he couldn't have seen it till late. Did well to make the save, but their forward reacted much faster than our defence.
No howling errors... just annoying to lose a goal when on top.

What a great result and performance. Didn't feel we deserved to be one down at half time , but kept our cool and eventually got our rewards. If we have aspirations for the title this season, the last 2 games have more than proved that we're up for it .

We're on our way . 

Keep the predictions coming Elvis .

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Great 2nd half performance. 1st no one was getting up to support Reilly he was a bit isolated. But 2nd half was full of pace and energy. Morgan and Eckersley inter play and sharp passing was superb. Davis getting stronger every game. bit short of pace but that's to be expected. Great 3 points. MOM Morgan. Coys.

Bet you were moaning like feck at half time.

Somethings never change. :byebye

Brilliant second half performance against a strong Livi side. We have pace throughout the team which is key to our success - thought Kyle was back to his best and put in a power of work down the right hand side and Lewis, Cammy and Reilly never gave their defence a minutes peace. However Eckersley was my MOM ......... strolled through the game and has good habit of being in the right place at the right time.

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Agreed.

The ball came through a load of bodies and he couldn't have seen it till late. Did well to make the save, but their forward reacted much faster than our defence.
No howling errors... just annoying to lose a goal when on top.

It looked to me that it took a big deflection and, from my perspective, he did really well to block the first shot.

people are desperate to get on his back for some reason. When he dummied their player in the first half, a guy behind me jumped up ready to have a go...then realised he was an utter fud.

Thought Baird had another good game with his distribution good and some great diagonals, Along with Eckersley and Morgan who has the magic to turn games that we are heading for defeat in into draws and then wins.

Also better delivery from corners and free kicks now McShane has stopped drifting them in aimlessly 

Livi are a team devoid of football - one tactic and that is punt a long ball up to their hammer throwers in the front line. Long time since I was so glad to beat a team. Time wasting after 30 mins shows they knew they were not very good. I do not know who their No 9 was but the guy is a thug. My dog has more football ability. Great 3 points and I hope Livi plummet down the League.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Livi are a team devoid of football - one tactic and that is punt a long ball up to their hammer throwers in the front line. Long time since I was so glad to beat a team. Time wasting after 30 mins shows they knew they were not very good. I do not know who their No 9 was but the guy is a thug. My dog has more football ability. Great 3 points and I hope Livi plummet down the League.

At the end of the day the tactics of a team are pretty irrelevant, all that matters, over the short term, is results.

It's easy to criticise seeing them all of 2 games hardly makes you an expert on the way they play as they are in with a shout of a top 4 place, irrelevant of their style.

How would you feel if we played the "long game" and won the league?

Let me help you, over the fecking moon. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

At the end of the day the tactics of a team are pretty irrelevant, all that matters, over the short term, is results.

It's easy to criticise seeing them all of 2 games hardly makes you an expert on the way they play as they are in with a shout of a top 4 place, irrelevant of their style.

How would you feel if we played the "long game" and won the league?

Let me help you, over the fecking moon. 

Livi will take plenty of points from teams in the top 4 which over the course of the season will be to our benefit.

What a massive result.

We are serious title contenders now and players like mcgennis, Davis, Reilly, McGinn and Morgan to name but a few will only get better as the season unfolds.

We were the better team in the first half and had what looked like a perfectly good goal chopped off when their keeper was beaten to the ball in the air. Also had an eckersley cross float over keeper and crack off the post when keeper beaten.

Their goal was disappointing as a nothing ariel challenge from cammie smith in the centre of park was given as a free kick to them despite all their hammer throwing antics throughout the match which actually boiled over in the last 10 mins when game was lost. We failed to react to the second ball and got harshly punished.

I thought we played really well throughout and stuck to our passing game and deservedly got back into the game and showed a great maturity to go on and win the game.

I thought Jack Baird was MOM and was immense again tonight. He has his fair share of critics but is a great asset to the side and learning and improving all the time.

The core group of players in this team played together on our amazing run from early February to end of season and have a real winning mentality. This is going to be massive for us as the season progresses.

There are so many positives to take from tonight and already can't wait for the Dumbarton game.