St Mirren v Livingston(Postponed) 11/11/17

Ronnie

We were worthy winners tonight. Saints played all the football, while Livingston players put themselves about and tried to feed off our scraps when we lost possession.

On that showing, I'm surprised they are sitting where they are in the table. Put bluntly, they were a bit shite.

Just now, faraway saint said:

At the end of the day the tactics of a team are pretty irrelevant, all that matters, over the short term, is results.

It's easy to criticise seeing them all of 2 games hardly makes you an expert on the way they play as they are in with a shout of a top 4 place, irrelevant of their style.

How would you feel if we played the "long game" and won the league?

Let me help you, over the fecking moon. 

3 times in 5 months and they played the same way every game. It was like watching the shit football Rae produced. St Mirren played some wonderful football tonight which was a joy to watch. You should try it sometime.

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

At the end of the day the tactics of a team are pretty irrelevant, all that matters, over the short term, is results.

It's easy to criticise seeing them all of 2 games hardly makes you an expert on the way they play as they are in with a shout of a top 4 place, irrelevant of their style.

How would you feel if we played the "long game" and won the league?

Let me help you, over the fecking moon. 

Captan Sensible found ^^^^^

Edited by insaintee

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

3 times in 5 months and they played the same way every game. It was like watching the shit football Rae produced. St Mirren played some wonderful football tonight which was a joy to watch. You should try it sometime.

We were never anywhere near top under Rae, they must be better at shit football than we were.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Away and don't talk shite, winning is what the support want.

You should take your tongue out of JR''s arse and smell the...................well......................:lol:

Win and win, anything else, in the short term, is all that;s wanted.

At the end of the season do you really think anyone will get upset if we won the league by kicking the ball up the field and scoring goals? :byebye

Why does it matter, if I'm 350 miles away, is it important that I try it sometime, ya walloper?  

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

Away and don't talk shite, winning is what the support want.

You should take your tongue out of JR''s arse and smell the...................well......................:lol:

Win and win, anything else, in the short term, is all that;s wanted.

At the end of the season do you really think anyone will get upset if we won the league by kicking the ball up the field and scoring goals? :byebye

Why does it matter, if I'm 350 miles away, is it important that I try it some time, ya walloper?  

Yeah but they didn't win:byebye

Low key first half - always felt we had the ability to score 3/4 but we were far too laid back at times. Poor goal to concede - a soft foul for a high challenge just inside their half, poor challenge for the ball at the free kick which fell to a Livi player and sloppy work from  Samson pushing the eventual shot back to a different  Livi player who had an easy finish. Despite this I still felt we'd run out 2/3-1 winners at H/T.

We were far more urgent in the second half although we could've gone 2-0 down but once Morgan scored from a short corner the eventual result was pretty much inevitable. Good follow up work from Eckersley for the second and McShane got the third from the spot.

Can't really blame Livi for their tactics but there was some excessive timewasting after going ahead and they were lucky to get away with just the seventeen fouls which included 2/3 pretty bad ones - a less generous referee would've had them down to 10 men and maybe half a dozen yellow carded.

Next up will be Dumbarton who will probably use the same tactics as Livi - let's hope for a simiar result! :holiday

Just loving being a Saints fan!

Fabulous all round performance tonight...... To hit that level after such a tough game and conditions on Saturday is just another reminder of how far we have come in the last year or so.
Unlike some others, I thought we played well in the first half, and no surprise that the character of the team stuck to the task and finished the job in the second half.......... I see that this thread has provided so many different views about who was Man of the Match, as clearly a strong case for so many this evening which is fantastic.

Not a fan of Livi and how they play, like others on this thread, but they have been getting results and pressed us constantly through the game... They have only lost 3 games in the league and 2 of them have been to us which does indicate how difficult the task is given how they set up....... Long may we continue on that front against this lot, as I absolutely love beating them, particularly following the exchange between dugouts!

Looking forward to Saturday, and every game that follows just now, strap yourself in for another incredible journey.... This year at the right end of the table.

COYS

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed.

The last 2 games should, surely, give the support back the belief that we are among the best in this league and can win it.

Until last weekend we had a wee wobble, but that happens to most teams<<<<<<<..................................Aye look at Celic :lol::lol:

I'm taking things as factual as possible and we are real contenders.

Coming towards the halfway point in the league and still top.

We were worthy winners tonight. Saints played all the football, while Livingston players put themselves about and tried to feed off our scraps when we lost possession.
On that showing, I'm surprised they are sitting where they are in the table. Put bluntly, they were a bit shite.

Actually disagree with your last paragraph there Drew. I thought Livi were very effective in the first half and briefly for the second. Very, very ugly to watch but they did what they had to do. Thankfully football prevailed in the end, despite an utter bell end of a referee failing to control a game. Again.

So many things to enjoy about last night’s performance. The belief to keep playing football after going behind was impressive, Jack Baird getting better and better, and it was great to see Kyle Magennis doing so well. The team really do look like they believe this league is there for the winning 

5 minutes ago, Stevo said:

So many things to enjoy about last night’s performance. The belief to keep playing football after going behind was impressive, Jack Baird getting better and better, and it was great to see Kyle Magennis doing so well. The team really do look like they believe this league is there for the winning 

Thrre's been spells, early in the season, when it looked like the team had the belief we could win the league.

There was a wee wobble recently, but we still kept ourselves in the mix.

The last 2 games have been massive, IMO, as it wasn't impossible we could have lost both.

To get 6 points, and score 5 goals, shows me the manager has got the players believing in themselves and we have our best players on the pitch. (mostly)

Keep it going, with the other teams faltering we could open a wee gap, always handy when the season get's to the latter stages. 

Aye, win this league and forget that play off fiasco.