St Mirren v Livingston(Postponed) 11/11/17

Ronnie

55 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Just back in North Berwick after a great night in Paisley. For what it’s worth here’s my tuppence worth about the match.

I don’t think Livi were as a bad as everyone suggests. For the first 10-15 minutes, they played some decent football and looked quite dangerous. Their attacking style also meant we could play football and our boys held on to the ball well and passed it about with some confidence. The Livi tactics got a bit more cynical after their goal and whilst we totally outplayed them in the first half there is no doubt they outsmarted us.

The second half was all ours though. I thought the boys showed not only great skill but great bravery refusing to cow-tow when the big livi thugs tried to take them out. Morgan was sublime and in one crunching collision both Magennis and the Livi player jumped back up both obviously in agony but determined not to let the other know how much they were hurting. No one was taking prisoners out there and our boys held their own.

Eckerlsy was excellent, Bairdy was brilliant, Morgan was magnificent and so it went on. It didn’t matter which saint had the ball they all delivered the goods. There wasn’t a bad player in the team just 11 very good, superb or magical buddies and three super subs giving their all for the cause.

Someone suggested Bairdy thought he was Maldini and that that was a bad thing. Feck it, Bairdy was the bees baws out there and I hope he keeps the kind of self-belief he had last night. Morgan can be Maradona, Reilly can be Ronaldo and McShane can be fecking Messi if they keep playing with that commitment and skill. I thought the whole team was magnificent.

And what about Jack Ross? Never mind Arsene Wenger’s magic hat we’ve got JR’s magic Cardigan. Some solid substitutions to protect the points and it was amusing to watch Livi running about trying to get the ball back in play after their first half time wasting tactics.

Well done the Saints and roll on Saturday when we must go through all that again

Just another Saturday? Is it Feck! We’re top of the league and they’re no.

Your just home  :shockaroony    That must have been some pub craw :cheers

Just now, renfrew said:

Your just home  :shockaroony    That must have been some pub craw :cheers

Ha! Ha! wish it was,  The wife blessed St Mirren with her presence last night and dragged me around Edinburgh shopping today. Did manage a couple of beers with buds in Paisley before and after the match so not all bad.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Makes pleasing viewing.

Third penalty in a row converted by McShane with his "dodgy" penalty taking style.:lol:

Ref did well to spot the push on Baird.

Also thought that Cammy Smith's disallowed goal should have stood. Jumped in front of Alexander, headed the ball, then Alexander ran into him and fell on his arse.

Sammy will have viewed that and will know that he could have done a lot better for their goal. A small blip in an otherwise excellent season for him.:wink:

Edited by FTOF

Makes pleasing viewing.
Third penalty in a row converted by McShane with his "dodgy" penalty taking style.[emoji38]
Ref did well to spot the push on Baird.
Also thought that Cammy Smith's disallowed goal should have stood. Jumped in front of Alexander, headed the ball, then Alexander ran into him and fell on his arse.
Sammy will have viewed that and will know that he could have done a lot better for their goal. A small blip in an otherwise excellent season for him.:wink:

This one was closer to the post though than the middle of the goal.
Seeing as I was critical of his penalty taking style with a seat in family stand i would have relished the opportunity to see for myself his penalty in the flesh last night but unfortunately midweek games I leave after 70 minutes to get to work so will have to wait until next one.

12 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This one was closer to the post though than the middle of the goal.
Seeing as I was critical of his penalty taking style with a seat in family stand i would have relished the opportunity to see for myself his penalty in the flesh last night but unfortunately midweek games I leave after 70 minutes to get to work so will have to wait until next one.

I haven't seen any live, as due to our profligacy from the spot last season, I haven't been able to watch them being taken.

That's what highlights are for.:D

Our lads are definitely starting to play with belief now.  Even though Reilly didn't have his shooting boots on last night I thought his work rate was unbelievable.  We launched a lot of aimless balls up at him and he bust his balls to get to all of them and didn't let the big livi defenders push him about. My m.o.m  for sheer workrate and fight. We need exact same against dumbarton but fancy they will really sit in.

On 29/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, Soctty said:

We definitely only had 4 points after 14 games. Possible that this has taken games in their original order with possibly our QoS match originally scheduled earlier in the season but postponed for the Irn Bru cup - wasn't played til the 6th December on a Tuesday night I believe. I know, I'm a hopeless pedant...

4 points or 7, no matter, it's still an amazing turnaround - remarkable.

Also interesting to remember that Dunfermline had a pretty poor start. And how much worse Falkirk are doing this year.

Sorry, I forgot about you,  frog eyes. [emoji38]

Wow. Straight into personal insults which are readily available to see, despite me having you on ignore. You're clearly either too thick to quote a topic properly or are (more likely) doing it deliberately in a "look at me" type of fashion. True colours shining through...
I'm trying hard to ignore your tedious drivel but to be fair, you're making it difficult.
If you could just f**k off, that would be nice. Ta.

13 hours ago, Herbie said:

Wow. Straight into personal insults which are readily available to see, despite me having you on ignore. You're clearly either too thick to quote a topic properly or are (more likely) doing it deliberately in a "look at me" type of fashion. True colours shining through...
I'm trying hard to ignore your tedious drivel but to be fair, you're making it difficult.
If you could just f**k off, that would be nice. Ta.

If you would take your own advice that would be nice. :lol:

PS You, in your wisdom, weighed in with your "irony" post, learn how to really work the ignore function, shut the feck up and stop looking for attention. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint