Sign in to follow this  
Ronnie

St Mirren v Livingston(Postponed) 11/11/17

Massive result and magic response to being behind at HT. It's great to see a buddies team with character, as well as being able to play a bit too. If Utd aren't worrying about us by now, they should be. Well done the Buds. COYS!!!

5 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Massive result and magic response to being behind at HT. It's great to see a buddies team with character, as well as being able to play a bit too. If Utd aren't worrying about us by now, they should be. Well done the Buds. COYS!!!

Indeed.

The last 2 games should, surely, give the support back the belief that we are among the best in this league and can win it.

Until last weekend we had a wee wobble, but that happens to most teams.

I'm taking things as factual as possible and we are real contenders.

Coming towards the halfway point in the league and still top.

Definitely among the best in league. Morgan goal was a great change of tactic as livi defenders won all the high balls all night. They lost the plot after the second goal and referee was very soft on them for some of their tackles. Last two results have put to bed historically poor records against both teams and we must be a serious challenge to united for this league now. Morgan was outstanding again

Just in, tremendous 2nd half.

Morgan scored the kind of goal he's scored a couple of times already this season, he took a short corner which was returned to him, he sped to the edge of the box and fired in a low left footer which the keeper allowed to squirm under him.

Second was a move down the left, a great burst into the box by Eckersley and his shot was cleared off the line but rebounded off a defender and/or keeper and dribbled over the line.

Third was a penalty after a shirt tug and was put away well by McShane.

Livi showed their hammer thrower side at times tonight , the tackle on young Smith was a shocker , should have been a red card.   Great result , showed fantastic spirit and fight to get back into and then win the game. 

Morgan , Cammy & Reilly were superb,  Davis still looks a wee bit short of pace and not quite up to match speed yet, we can only get better as this team continues to gel. 

Quite simply. The mark of champions. Going a goal down to one of our nearest rivals and showing character and no little skill to come back and win the game is indeed the epitome of a championship winning team. Not even December and we're not talking relegation would have been a plus after recent seasons.

ETA. I don't follow Shull's posts but someone quoted him and, in this instance, WELL DONE in your prediction after we lost the first goal. Many didn't have your belief

Edited by stlucifer

Pretty even game. Samson at fault for the goal. Our finishing has been poor. They will do their best to shit fest the second half and hit us on the break.

But harsh on Samson I'm my opinion. He did well with initial block with his shins but was 2nd to the rebound.

I felt McGinn should have done better defensively at the knock down.

Great 2nd half performance. 1st no one was getting up to support Reilly he was a bit isolated. But 2nd half was full of pace and energy. Morgan and Eckersley inter play and sharp passing was superb. Davis getting stronger every game. bit short of pace but that's to be expected. Great 3 points. MOM Morgan. Coys.

But harsh on Samson I'm my opinion. He did well with initial block with his shins but was 2nd to the rebound.

I felt McGinn should have done better defensively at the knock down.

Agreed.

The ball came through a load of bodies and he couldn't have seen it till late. Did well to make the save, but their forward reacted much faster than our defence.
No howling errors... just annoying to lose a goal when on top.

What a great result and performance. Didn't feel we deserved to be one down at half time , but kept our cool and eventually got our rewards. If we have aspirations for the title this season, the last 2 games have more than proved that we're up for it .

We're on our way . 

Keep the predictions coming Elvis .

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Great 2nd half performance. 1st no one was getting up to support Reilly he was a bit isolated. But 2nd half was full of pace and energy. Morgan and Eckersley inter play and sharp passing was superb. Davis getting stronger every game. bit short of pace but that's to be expected. Great 3 points. MOM Morgan. Coys.

Bet you were moaning like feck at half time.

Somethings never change. :byebye

Brilliant second half performance against a strong Livi side. We have pace throughout the team which is key to our success - thought Kyle was back to his best and put in a power of work down the right hand side and Lewis, Cammy and Reilly never gave their defence a minutes peace. However Eckersley was my MOM ......... strolled through the game and has good habit of being in the right place at the right time.

Just now, Hambud said:

I quite like him. He's consistent.

He is, a consistent fanny.

Predicts the worst, then jumps aboard the "great we son" bus, an absolute bloodsucker and attention seeker who deserves to be ignored. 

Thrives on responses to his predictable shite, just starve him.

12 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Agreed.

The ball came through a load of bodies and he couldn't have seen it till late. Did well to make the save, but their forward reacted much faster than our defence.
No howling errors... just annoying to lose a goal when on top.

It looked to me that it took a big deflection and, from my perspective, he did really well to block the first shot.

people are desperate to get on his back for some reason. When he dummied their player in the first half, a guy behind me jumped up ready to have a go...then realised he was an utter fud.

Thought Baird had another good game with his distribution good and some great diagonals, Along with Eckersley and Morgan who has the magic to turn games that we are heading for defeat in into draws and then wins.

Also better delivery from corners and free kicks now McShane has stopped drifting them in aimlessly 

Livi are a team devoid of football - one tactic and that is punt a long ball up to their hammer throwers in the front line. Long time since I was so glad to beat a team. Time wasting after 30 mins shows they knew they were not very good. I do not know who their No 9 was but the guy is a thug. My dog has more football ability. Great 3 points and I hope Livi plummet down the League.