So what constitutes an "Emergency" loan ?

Callum Gilhooley

Falkirk have brought in a striker as an emergency loan.  Hartley believes they need to score more goals and start climbing the table.... obvious yes but an emergency ?    Not sure if they have had a rash of injuries recently but i certainly cant recall any significant ones .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41822274

56 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Reading these rules really leaves it open to interpretation, I was always under the impression that emergency loans were only allowed if you had multiple players injured who play in the same position.

8 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Reading these rules really leaves it open to interpretation, I was always under the impression that emergency loans were only allowed if you had multiple players injured who play in the same position.

I would tend to suspect that , you were not the only one who thought that but I think the rules are fairly clear. .

23 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I would tend to suspect that , you were not the only one who thought that but I think the rules are fairly clear. .

I thought so to , thus the topic . The flowchart rules thing does make it clear but  why dont they just call it "A loan  deal"    

19 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I thought so to , thus the topic . The flowchart rules thing does make it clear but  why dont they just call it "A loan  deal"    

I don't ask those kind of questions anymore , you end up thinking Saint Mirren F.C. are the only Club that don't f**ken cheat. .:P

Maybe if they hadn't farmed out good players in the summer they might not find themselves being in Brechins sights.....

Only thing I will say about Hartley is that his start at Bairns is better than Jacks with us, but I might be guessing here, however I really think he has no clue how to recruit....

So in short- f**kEM!!!

I don't know who came up with the name "Emergency Loan" for this but it has caused a lot of confusion.  I believe all clubs are entitled to a couple of "out of window" loans per season.  You don't need to be in an "emergency" situation which, lets face it, putting a football team on a pitch never is anyway.

Just some bloody drama queen gave the system a stupid name!

1 hour ago, Thorizaar said:

Whatever you call these loans, we're not really in a position to critcise other clubs for using them. After all, we signed Jamie McCart in the week following two of our defenders being sent off and suspended.

My original post didn’t criticise anyone simply asked (and answered to some degree  by by snlt) why they are called emergency . The second part of my post questioned how a team arrives at an emergency . In our case you partly answered the question yourself, we had two cbs injured as well as two suspended , that would imo be decent grounds for an emergency loan .

Hartly has all of his attackers available yet brings in an emergency player , doesn’t sound right . I agree by the letter of the law he is not breaking any rules but doesn’t  that make you question how the rule is being manipulated ? 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

My original post didn’t criticise anyone simply asked (and answered to some degree  by by snlt) why they are called emergency . The second part of my post questioned how a team arrives at an emergency . In our case you partly answered the question yourself, we had two cbs injured as well as two suspended , that would imo be decent grounds for an emergency loan .

Hartly has all of his attackers available yet brings in an emergency player , doesn’t sound right . I agree by the letter of the law he is not breaking any rules but doesn’t  that make you question how the rule is being manipulated ? 

Maybe they could re-name it ; "the clutching at f**king straws loan" . . but then if they called it that , it wouldn't look good for Hartley as he is just in the door . .

• 2 weeks later...