Forum Traffic

faraway saint

I somewhat agree.

The only thing that seems to get people going is how smisa spends members' funds (i'm sure that Vegas jolly is in the planning). Now they (Kenny) have disengaged from this site; that they only want suggestions for anything (fully costed with a cost / benefit analysis remember) on a postcard; and then totally ignore everyone (and the club chairman), what to do.

3 minutes ago, melmac said:

I somewhat agree.

The only thing that seems to get people going is how smisa spends members' funds (i'm sure that Vegas jolly is in the planning). Now they (Kenny) have disengaged from this site; that they only want suggestions for anything (fully costed with a cost / benefit analysis remember) on a postcard; and then totally ignore everyone (and the club chairman), what to do.

I'm surprised at your response, I thought everyone would blame Shull. :lol:

Many of this forums most prominent posters don't give a horse's cock about the team's performance. 

Egotistical "look-at-me" post-builders have taken over this site and former regular contributors have withdrawn from here altogether.

Empty vessels / most noise. 

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Many of this forums most prominent posters don't give a horse's cock about the team's performance. 

Egotistical "look-at-me" post-builders have taken over this site and former regular contributors have withdrawn from here altogether.

Empty vessels / most noise. 

These "regular contributors", why have they withdrawn?

Maybe they are close to death?

The forum, IMO, has had a fairly mature membership and needs an increase in younger members.

There is no attempt to change the forum and people bleating about "look at me" posters is a weak excuse as there has always been these type of posters.

In fact these "regular contributors" could easily have been seen in the same bracket.

There has always been a circle of members who see themselves as founder members and get upset when they're views were not agreed with.

It's easy to come up with eye catching "empty vessel" type reasons but the forum had, until fairly recently, coped with all types of contributors.

I'm genuinely interested as, while people see me in many different ways, I happen to be fairly observant and the downturn is a slight concern.

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

I think its because so many threads start so well and then the arse falls out it when they end up being nothing to do with the OP. Puts me off , i don't visit anyway near what i used to because of it and only show as on due to being signed in with Facebook.

While it's impossible to be certain you might have a point.

I happen to think the lazy/non existent moderation is a factor.

It's a fine line between over moderation and none.

This forum has, next to, none.

I don't think it's a simple solution but the apparent lack of interest from the moderators is a contributory factor, IMO.

Far too many "out of control" threads, repeated threads (duplication) and an attitude of "anything goes", unless you are Dickson, it goes on.

The fist 7 games, I just looked our competitive games, against our last 7 games, shows a remarkable drop in interest. 

1st 7 games 3,090 posts in match day threads.

2nd 7 games 2,113 posts in match day threads. 

An astonishing 32% drop.

These figures could be slightly out, depending if you're ans arse or not. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

These "regular contributors", why have they withdrawn?

Maybe they are close to death?

The forum, IMO, has had a fairly mature membership and needs an increase in younger members.

There is no attempt to change the forum and people bleating about "look at me" posters is a weak excuse as there has always been these type of posters.

I fact these "regular contributors" could easily have been seen in the same bracket.

There has always been a circle of members who see themselves as founder embers and get upset when they're views were not agreed with.

It's easy to come up with eye catching "empty vessel" type reasons but the forum had, until fairly recently, coped with all types of contributors.

I'm genuinely interested as, while people see me in many different ways, I happen to be fairly observant and the downturn is a slight concern.

From my personal perspective, there are not many interesting discussions on the forum right now.

That will change over time but right now it's a bit dull and I can't even think of interesting threads to create.

That's the reason I don't post as much now.

As for cliques, off topic threads and abuse? None of that bothers me in the slightest and I don't see any real abuse. I am not about to lose sleep over people like Poz only posting once in a while :lol:. Try the Pie and Bovril political forum if you want to see people behaving like animals. We have animals in there talking about "genuinely wanting to burn down the Daily Mail offices with people in the building". This place is OK by comparison IMO.

Trust me. If we lose the next 5 or 6 games or if we make another cup final, this place will be jumping again.

There is only so much can be discussed about a topic.Once everything has been said then obviously it's going to go "off topic".

There is also a power of pish posted.I had never used the "mark forum read" button until about a month ago but I use it reguarly now.

I’m of the age category when growing up the forum was the only real online facility to discuss or read about St Mirren. 

Now the younger generation use twitter or Facebook groups to discuss Saints matters. 

Even Div is much more active on Twitter than he is in the forum. 

There’s no real problem with the forum, just that people’s online social media habits change through time. 

It used to be forums, Myspace and Bebo, now it’s Twitter and Facebook. Along comes Snapchat and Instagram. Who knows what next. My mates who are a bit younger don’t send text messages at all, everything is through Snapchat.

The only thing I would say is where are MySpace and Bebo now? The forum is still here and although activity is down, it’s still reasonable strong. 

Edited by davidg

44 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

It's simple... the forum is busy when we're pish... i hope the forum remains quiet for a long time:headbang

We are all contented presently. 

A win today and the Forum will be a happy and quiet place tonight. 

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It seems to me that the forum has slowed down considerably in recent weeks.

A drop in posts, IMO, shows a drop in members viewing the forum.

Quite surprising as the team are doing well.

Maybe people are more interested when we're struggling.

*My post on this on the Lewis Morgan thread*

I personlly see no problem with the "attempts to be amusing" as you put it nor the puns... especially as one of the main offenders on that front. 

Fwiw, i would much rather have a laugh than see the never ending flow of negativity from certain posters, the monotonous  and repetitive jibes about individual players or individuals within the club or posters who seem incable of indulging in rational debate.

As for pointless posts ?  :o We`ve all been guilty of that at times but surely the more posts a contributor has , the more likelihood there is that  there will be more pointless posts from that contributor . :byebye   :whistle

19 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

*My post on this on the Lewis Morgan thread*

I personlly see no problem with the "attempts to be amusing" as you put it nor the puns... especially as one of the main offenders on that front. 

Fwiw, i would much rather have a laugh than see the never ending flow of negativity from certain posters, the monotonous  and repetitive jibes about individual players or individuals within the club or posters who seem incable of indulging in rational debate.

As for pointless posts ?  :o We`ve all been guilty of that at times but surely the more posts a contributor has , the more likelihood there is that  there will be more pointless posts from that contributor . :byebye   :whistle

Well whatever the reason there's certainly been a noticeable reduction in posts.

It could be plenty of reasons, one mans "amusing" is another mans "FFS"

As for puns, easier to "hide" them on Facebook than ignore them on here. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well whatever the reason there's certainly been a noticeable reduction in posts.

It could be plenty of reasons, one mans "amusing" is another mans "FFS"

As for puns, easier to "hide" them on Facebook than ignore them on here:rolleyes:

True.

I suppose you could simply try skimming  them .