Forum Traffic

faraway saint

The forum often dips in usage around this time of year.  It will pick up again as we move toward yuletide celebrations as attention switches toward the forth coming transfer window.  In the meantime forum traffic will in all likliehood remain slower than normal until this afternoon when (hopefully) a flurry of posts will be made lauding the wonderful result at Tannadice.

In the meantime however we may have to endure perfectly good conversations (the Lewis Morgan thread) disintegrate into slobbering gashfests about sweetcorn!!

Worry not....complain less you nagging cows and stop talking about sweetcorn.

Honest answer from me - I like this reading this forum. The main issue is that the same few folk keep derailing threads and taking them off topic with massive rants about other users. Prefer twitter, more to the point, rarely gets personal. Perhaps the forum should have a character limit?  :ph34r:

There is always going to be more traffic/posts in the forums if something is wrong, bad results etc and gets a bit quieter when things are going good. If newspapers only printed good stories, when everything is rosey they would be lucky to fill a page.

Also this time of year is busy particularly with parents, as kids love Halloween, Guy Falkes night and the prospect of Jesus Birthday being soon. I'm sure things will pick up nearing the transfer window.

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

The forum often dips in usage around this time of year.  It will pick up again as we move toward yuletide celebrations as attention switches toward the forth coming transfer window.  In the meantime forum traffic will in all likliehood remain slower than normal until this afternoon when (hopefully) a flurry of posts will be made lauding the wonderful result at Tannadice.

In the meantime however we may have to endure perfectly good conversations (the Lewis Morgan thread) disintegrate into slobbering gashfests about sweetcorn!!

Worry not....complain less you nagging cows and stop talking about sweetcorn.

Aye Tom, it seems pish patter is allowed unless it's from Shull.

Well spotted, well spotted indeed.

PS Nip into the BBC/irony thread, it's awash with pish patter. 

Edited by faraway saint

Facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat. It's bad enough with a forum but if you are engaging in all of those things how the hell do you find time to live?

Serious question because being glued to a screen like a pathetic junky sounds like a pretty shite way to live your life.

Facebook is just pure unadulterated evil. Everyone faking the "perfect life" is utterly beneath contempt.

Twitter makes no sense to me whatsoever.

And why would you post ANYTHING on something like Instagram? Are people really that deluded that they think anyone gives a shit about their new "pics"?

Mind you a quick look through YouTube trending list is like a stroll through the depths of "Look at me" hell.

And there is nothing "social" about any form of media.

Modern life has some really crap bits attached to it. I will die never having owned a "smartphone".

I feel better now for getting that off my chest. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

10 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

There is always going to be more traffic/posts in the forums if something is wrong, bad results etc and gets a bit quieter when things are going good. If newspapers only printed good stories, when everything is rosey they would be lucky to fill a page.

Also this time of year is busy particularly with parents, as kids love Halloween, Guy Falkes night and the prospect of Jesus Birthday being soon. I'm sure things will pick up nearing the transfer window.

That's certainly not happening as we're on a disappointing run and the forum has been, again, very quiet.

As for the Halloween,Guy Fawkes and Christmas reason......................................:lol:

PS A Saturday night has been averaging just over 30 members, pretty poor and I'm sure Div is aware of this.

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's certainly not happening as we're on a disappointing run and the forum has been, again, very quiet.

As for the Halloween,Guy Fawkes and Christmas reason......................................:lol:

PS A Saturday night has been averaging just over 30 members, pretty poor and I'm sure Div is aware of this.

It's a Saturday night. People are out having a life FFS.

Stop worrying about the forum. Log off. Go and have a fecking life. And gie us all bloody peace from your endless guff. :blink:

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's a Saturday night. People are out having a life FFS.

Stop worrying about the forum. Log off. Go and have a fecking life. And gie us all bloody peace from your endless guff. :blink:

Oh the irony. :lol:

You, as usual, slide almost every post away from the point and veer it into................well, nothing really. :1eye

Away and log into the "sad and lonely" forums where I'm sure you will be welcome. :byebye

PS Why do you frequent a football forum when you know feck all about football and have no interest in football....................oh, let me guess, you think you're better than everyone else.

#whatafanny

Edited by faraway saint

I think the traffic has been dipping for a couple of years maybe more, for reasons already stated . The moderation has also dipped and in view of that , a couple of individuals are trying to dominate the forum. Possibly the best form of moderation we had recently was the wank tank , whereby individuals who would otherwise have been banned could still post. This was also a benefit since many individuals who do get banned just come back under other names . .

There are also a couple of individuals who get very annoyed when everyone doesnt agree with them and I suppose that may put some off coming on here. .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I think the traffic has been dipping for a couple of years maybe more, for reasons already stated . The moderation has also dipped and in view of that , a couple of individuals are trying to dominate the forum. Possibly the best form of moderation we had recently was the wank tank , whereby individuals who would otherwise have been banned could still post. This was also a benefit since many individuals who do get banned just come back under other names . .

There are also a couple of individuals who get very annoyed when everyone doesnt agree with them and I suppose that may put some off coming on here. .

A couple of individuals who, being a sensitive wee soul, you have on ignore yet you still pursue them around the forum, liking anything that is against them? :lol:

It seems that there are plenty who agree with these "couple of individuals" but, everyone to their own.

As for the "wank tank", it was an experiment that failed. There was plenty against it, seeing it as pointless and the criteria for entry was, as I recall, for being overly negative towards the club? 

It, IMO, would only see a sanitised forum where wee tender groups would all agree with each other all day long.

People who clamour for this really should have a look at themselves. 

There's plenty on here I mostly see as dull, uninformative and contribute next to nothing be these same people can come up with a post that I agree with I don't hesitate to record that. 

2 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

You should have been banished for associating yourself with that vile moron from London, who still hasn't removed his post or apologised. 

Munoz hasn't removed or apologised for his scum post. 

He finds it funny. 

Saintnextlifetime, you're a hypocritical shitebag firing pish from your bunker. 

On 11/4/2017 at 3:24 PM, oaksoft said:

Facebook, twitter, instagram, snapchat. It's bad enough with a forum but if you are engaging in all of those things how the hell do you find time to live?

Serious question because being glued to a screen like a pathetic junky sounds like a pretty shite way to live your life.

Facebook is just pure unadulterated evil. Everyone faking the "perfect life" is utterly beneath contempt.

Twitter makes no sense to me whatsoever.

And why would you post ANYTHING on something like Instagram? Are people really that deluded that they think anyone gives a shit about their new "pics"?

Mind you a quick look through YouTube trending list is like a stroll through the depths of "Look at me" hell.

And there is nothing "social" about any form of media.

Modern life has some really crap bits attached to it. I will die never having owned a "smartphone".

I feel better now for getting that off my chest. :lol:

Agree with all of that. Twitter is fun though, especially when combined with periscope. The rest I barely use

9 hours ago, Doakes said:

Agree with all of that. Twitter is fun though, especially when combined with periscope. The rest I barely use

Facebook is pretty good for having some contact about friends/family that are faraway. 

Yeah, there's plenty stuff on there that I find a bit cringy but everyone to their own.

Only because I don't use Twitter I don't get it, unlike Oaky who condemns things without knowing anything about them.

So, I'm quite happy with Facebook and messenger to maintain some communication with people I care about that are in other parts of the country/world. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Facebook is pretty good for having some contact about friends/family that are faraway. 

Yeah, there's plenty stuff on there that I find a bit cringy but everyone to their own.

Only because I don't use Twitter I don't get it, unlike Oaky who condemns things without knowing anything about them.

So, I'm quite happy with Facebook and messenger to maintain some communication with people I care about that are in other arts of the country/world. 

Aw !!!

That's nice :byebye

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Yeah I don't know much about the Spanish Inquisition, AIDS, the Black Death, heroin or falling off cliffs onto rocks but I am pretty sure I'm on solid ground when I say these things are bad for you.

There is a strong correlation between increased "social media" use (whatever the f**k the phrase "social media" is supposed to mean anyway), such as Facebook and Twitter and increased rates of depression and suicidal thoughts. I'd send you the research but I am also certain that you'd need someone to breastfeed you through the abstract so I won't waste my time. Who would have thought that spending hours every day watching people's filtered "perfect" lives through a phone or tablet screen instead of actually having social interaction face to face would have a detrimental effect on people's mental health? That could never have been predicted. :lol:

Are you capable of thinking through the consequences of anything?

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah I don't know much about the Spanish Inquisition, AIDS, the Black Death, heroin or falling off cliffs onto rocks but I am pretty sure I'm on solid ground when I say these things are bad for you.

There is a strong correlation between increased "social media" use (whatever the f**k the phrase "social media" is supposed to mean anyway), such as Facebook and Twitter and increased rates of depression and suicidal thoughts. I'd send you the research but I am also certain that you'd need someone to breastfeed you through the abstract so I won't waste my time. Who would have thought that spending hours every day watching people's filtered "perfect" lives through a phone or tablet screen instead of actually having social interaction face to face would have a detrimental effect on people's mental health? That could never have been predicted. :lol:

Are you capable of thinking through the consequences of anything?

You're so predictable...............selective choice to try to prove your narrow minded view.

I made it quite clear, but not clear enough to a numbnuts like you, that Face book, for me, is a useful means to maintain some contact with friends (There's an issue for you straight away as you don't have any) and family who are in other parts of the country or world.

You're continued willingness to focus on any pieces of "research" that suits your "view" confirms your inability to think for yourself and have obviously no real life experiences to help you make a balanced decision.

Clearly indicating that all forms of social media are "bad" and lead to depression and suicide is beyond belief.

Very amusing that you preach about having social interaction face to face yet when you "pretend" to go to a football match you happily admit to sitting well away from most people in   wee quiet corner of the ground. :lol:

A socially inadequate like you is the last person on the forum to preach about anything that involves being part of the world that is outside your weird and obscure bubble. 

FFS what a pile of sanctimonious shite  from people who are rarely off this forum about other fora, it's a tool for many people to connect with friends and family or just like minded folks, which is what BAWA is for me.

We are all using social media, because this forum is precisely that, and it is  utter( yes Shull it is a perfectly acceptable word that has nothing to with P&B) hypocrisy to denounce anyone else who choose to use the media of their choice.

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, BaldyOzBud said:

FFS what a pile of sanctimonious shite  from people who are rarely off this forum about other fora, it's a tool for many people to connect with friends and family or just like minded folks, which is what BAWA is for me.

We are all using social media, because this forum is precisely that, and it is  utter( yes Shull it is a perfectly acceptable word that has nothing to with P&B) hypocrisy to denounce anyone else who choose to use the media of their choice.

Hide contents

An utterly good post.