ICT vs St. Mirren 25/11/17

Bud the Baker

The only thing you could perhaps make a case for was that Samson's reaction was somewhere between a yellow and a red. You couldn't really have moaned too loudly if he walked given the force and nature of the shove. 

Was a definite penalty and Vigurs was a definite two yellows. 

Dont why Sammy thought he had to get involved. Should stayed out of it. Cos it was all handbags at dawn.

I watched the highlights but haven;t watched Robbo's interview.

The match report6s I've sene all say McShane challenged Vigurs before the 2nd booking, the highlights show Vigurs taking McShane's feet away from him.The reports also quote Robbo as saying 'I have seen video of the penalty showing the ball was run out of play before the challenge' - Get your eyesight tested it must be a good yard away from the bye line

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Having watched the highlights twice I wonder what game wee moany Robbo was watching.

1 Where were all these wonder saves Sammy made. They were saves I would expect a keeper of Sammys ability to make. He's a real good keeper.

2. It's was a def pen. it wasn't shoulder to shoulder he clearly barged Morgan in the back.

3. We are the away team you expect them to have more shots but they were all from long range.

4. Looked like a good away display at a tricky venue. Hit them on the break and defend well. Looked like that's what we done. If Robbos team does that somewhere he will be hailing his team. Well done to Jack and the players great result. And big respect to the fans making that trip up there in awful weather. Coys

emdy keech their breeks on yer bus?  :lol:

hope you had committee men on patrol with nappies handy. :lol:

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

4. He raved to the nation about Morgan playing a blinder in the box. mesmerising several Caly players before being brought down for the penalty. I believe the player in question was Magennis.

Your knowledge is failing Chick as well as your eyesight. Maybe time you chucked it.

When will you be issuing your apology to Chic then?

Enjoyed a fine weekend in Inverness. Mrs NIS started the xmas shopping & I went off to the game with a couple o Buds from Shetland. A good catch up with them with a few pints before and after. 

A great win for the Saints, conditions were terrible but was impressed with the fight shown on a crap day and against a physically strong side who were on a good run of form. A clear penalty (have watched the highlights) and the second goal was well taken by Reilly. 

A big pat on the back to the drum and singing contingent  - great atmosphere, thanks guys. 

Tough game coming up on Tuesday.

Actually got a bit of Sympathy for Inverness (not for John Robertson as can't really stand him) as think we have carried a lot of luck in the 2 games against them this season. Even our 2 goals on Saturday are easily saveable any penalties like that 100% rely on keeper diving wrong way (Paul McGowan did the same) Reilly's one on one keeper should actually save as gets a hand on it and like penalty isn't right in corner.

absolutely no sympathy for Caley,none at all,they used to get same highland based biased refs every Saturday and every team going up there got cheated every time,so fu@k them,"this love will last forever"

Kevin Bissett was the referee I remember. His family were on the board. He suffered a brain haemorrhage if I remember correctly and they named a stand after him. Work that one out ????

6 hours ago, bud72 said:

Kevin Bissett was the referee I remember. His family were on the board. He suffered a brain haemorrhage if I remember correctly and they named a stand after him. Work that one out 

Bissett's refusal to send Ross Tokely off for a last man challenge on Barry Lavety in a midweek league Cup tie meant Tokely was free to play the game where he did Chris Kerr.

Had Bissett done his job correctly, Tokely would have been suspended for that league game the following Saturday. 

Actually got a bit of Sympathy for Inverness (not for John Robertson as can't really stand him) as think we have carried a lot of luck in the 2 games against them this season. Even our 2 goals on Saturday are easily saveable any penalties like that 100% rely on keeper diving wrong way (Paul McGowan did the same) Reilly's one on one keeper should actually save as gets a hand on it and like penalty isn't right in corner.

Are you really blaming the goalkeeper for both our goals?

As an ex keeper you have to try and guess where a penalty is going. It’s mind games between player and keeper.

If you still still and wait the ball is past you.

McShane probably waited till he moved and slotted it the other way

Are you really blaming the goalkeeper for both our goals?

As an ex keeper you have to try and guess where a penalty is going. It’s mind games between player and keeper.

If you still still and wait the ball is past you.

McShane probably waited till he moved and slotted it the other way

I'm not blaming the keeper for both our goals just saying on another day they easily could have been saved hence why
I think we carried luck on Saturday and the earlier match against them.

Taking penalties like Mcshane does takes a big risk at least if you go for bottom corner alot of keepers maybe get a hand but don't save them.

If you keep taking penalties like that we will come unstuck one time at least.

Maybe keeper could or couldn't have done better for 2nd goal but if it was against Saints I would be disappointed he never saved it as he did get a hand on it we don't really need to worry about that though as we have Super Sammy Shull's favourite keeper who saves loads of one on one's.

What a weekend. The two best games this season have been against inverness, The four goals in fifteen minutes at the 2021 had me screaming and shouting and despite freezing my bollocks off and wondering what the feck I was doing there in the first half, the second half action on Saturday had me up off my seat and dancing like a numpty.

The team played their part. I thought big Sammy was awesome but the booking incident was stupid. Not sure what he was thinking about and Cammy Smith had a similar rush of blood to the head when he got booked in the first half. We looked like a different team in the second half and credit to McShane for his penalty. Great strike. As for Gavin’s goal that was just sublime and the fans reactions says it all.

It was great to see Jack acknowledge the vocal support of the fans during his interview. I do like a wee sing song but I don’t generally sit in the singing section so I am not praising them from within but can I just say those guys were awesome. Whilst you can’t always hear them in the video they sang their hearts out for the full 90 minutes. I think they must have went through their whole repertoire because the playlist was quite extensive even if “We’re on our Way” was sung with the greatest fervour. The fair number of fans who braved the elements to go bare chested and wave their tops in “the Tops off for St Mirren” chant went way above and beyond the call of duty. I wasn’t even for unzipping my jacket never mind doing the full Monty. It was fecking freezing.

The horrible weather might have caused a little bit more singing and dancing than usual as it was vital to stay warm but I think everyone, even the most sedate and boring fans were up off their seats and bouncing about when Gavin scored the second and secured the points.

Well done Gavin for joining in our celebrations too. I think I enjoyed that goal more than any this season but maybe that was just because excessive movement/celebration was necessary to avoid freezing to death.

Glad Jack acknowledged the fans in his interview and even offered his support regarding the “ongoing situation” claiming him and the players appreciated their efforts.

On the subject of fans a Big thankyou to the Caley fans who made us welcome and gave up a lot of space in their social club to accommodate a healthy intake of noisy saints fans and the seats on your bus to and from the ground were appreciated.

Had a cracking night in Inverness and Danibongo, I hope the camel syphilis never ruined your evening.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:04 PM, DougJamie said:

As we have a Caley fan in here, he still says they thumped us 2-4................ I so hope

a) This game is on

b) we win by at least 2

c) John Robertson says Caley should have won and they were robbed

d) We stir up the hatred between Caledonian and Thistle

e) Santa is good to me as I have been great this year

Thanks Guys, just call me the oracle :whistle

What a weekend. The two best games this season have been against inverness, The four goals in fifteen minutes at the 2021 had me screaming and shouting and despite freezing my bollocks off and wondering what the feck I was doing there in the first half, the second half action on Saturday had me up off my seat and dancing like a numpty.
The team played their part. I thought big Sammy was awesome but the booking incident was stupid. Not sure what he was thinking about and Cammy Smith had a similar rush of blood to the head when he got booked in the first half. We looked like a different team in the second half and credit to McShane for his penalty. Great strike. As for Gavin’s goal that was just sublime and the fans reactions says it all.
It was great to see Jack acknowledge the vocal support of the fans during his interview. I do like a wee sing song but I don’t generally sit in the singing section so I am not praising them from within but can I just say those guys were awesome. Whilst you can’t always hear them in the video they sang their hearts out for the full 90 minutes. I think they must have went through their whole repertoire because the playlist was quite extensive even if “We’re on our Way” was sung with the greatest fervour. The fair number of fans who braved the elements to go bare chested and wave their tops in “the Tops off for St Mirren” chant went way above and beyond the call of duty. I wasn’t even for unzipping my jacket never mind doing the full Monty. It was fecking freezing.
The horrible weather might have caused a little bit more singing and dancing than usual as it was vital to stay warm but I think everyone, even the most sedate and boring fans were up off their seats and bouncing about when Gavin scored the second and secured the points.
Well done Gavin for joining in our celebrations too. I think I enjoyed that goal more than any this season but maybe that was just because excessive movement/celebration was necessary to avoid freezing to death.
Glad Jack acknowledged the fans in his interview and even offered his support regarding the “ongoing situation” claiming him and the players appreciated their efforts.
On the subject of fans a Big thankyou to the Caley fans who made us welcome and gave up a lot of space in their social club to accommodate a healthy intake of noisy saints fans and the seats on your bus to and from the ground were appreciated.
Had a cracking night in Inverness and Danibongo, I hope the camel syphilis never ruined your evening.

Any thoughts on going to Egypt or the zoo are firmly on hold pending further investigation. Great summary Malky[emoji106]

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm not blaming the keeper for both our goals just saying on another day they easily could have been saved hence why
I think we carried luck on Saturday and the earlier match against them.

Taking penalties like Mcshane does takes a big risk at least if you go for bottom corner alot of keepers maybe get a hand but don't save them.

If you keep taking penalties like that we will come unstuck one time at least.

Maybe keeper could or couldn't have done better for 2nd goal but if it was against Saints I would be disappointed he never saved it as he did get a hand on it we don't really need to worry about that though as we have Super Sammy Shull's favourite keeper who saves loads of one on one's.

Quite an odd notion.

Apart from a bullet to the postage stamp, isn’t any goal capable of “being saved on another day”?

Aunties and baws spring to mind.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Quite an odd notion.
Apart from a bullet to the postage stamp, isn’t any goal capable of “being saved on another day”?
Aunties and baws spring to mind.

Exactly your quote why risk keeper saving a penalty only by choosing the right side he dives too rather than a bullet to postage stamp or bottom corner. I know that your job is too make it as hard as possible for keeper to save it Mcshane and McGowan before him and other players out there are more into poker face by outsmarting the keeper rather than making it hard for him too save.

Wonder what the meltdown will be like on here when he misses one???

I will be like Elvis and gloat about being right.