Lidl etc for Wallneuk Road

Eric Arthur Blair

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Here's hoping they build another access road from gallowhill or whitehaugh. The ring road around stags head is already chokka at peak times

Possibly over the disused  railway line that used to go to Renfrew, joining Gallowhill Road at the wee triangle with Netherhill Road.

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

It's just an artists impression, you might find that they will move the junction up to where the stags head used to be, seeing as there is already traffic lights there

Aye, the exit road has a right-turn marking on it so, as you say would have to be opposite the junction with Niddry St or Hamilton St.

Guest TPAFKATS
Possibly over the disused  railway line that used to go to Renfrew, joining Gallowhill Road at the wee triangle with Netherhill Road.

Would that move the congestion to Reid Kerr?

Guest TPAFKATS

BTW, good to see another Tim Hortons. At this rate of growth Paisley and surrounding area will be like urban ontario with a Timmies on every corner. [emoji507] [emoji477]

Spoiler

This is a fantastic bit of news for the town, some issues with The Range perhaps being a bit of competition for the town centre but I think the town centre is its own problem. The fact we are attracting Tim Hortons to 2 locations in the town and a Taco Bell to Phoenix is fantastic.

As for the Wallneuk site, the roads will be a major issue and I fear our planners do their usual sterling job here and cause further issues. The delays at Weir and Incle (I think that's what that street coming from the Thai Siam bit under the bridge is called) are already bad some days. The delays heading into town are also bad, particularly at nights as buds are coming home.

I think the daytime rush is people trying to get up and onto the M8 but are forced from Incle, round Weir, Abercorn Street and then up on to Renfrew Road. That problem of getting cars out and perhaps not round Incle, Weir and Abercorn street is the issue. At night, it's the reverse problem and it can be backed up from almost the Watermill to the junction we are talking about.

When Tesco were going there years ago, there was talk about tunnelling under the railway or a bridge.  I am not sure of the feasibility of that but that would help get cars to the East / South of the town a bit easier.

Road issues aside and I will probably suffer from them! Great bit of business for the town and an improvement on what is becoming an eyesore of a site.

1 hour ago, BuddyHolly9 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This is a fantastic bit of news for the town, some issues with The Range perhaps being a bit of competition for the town centre but I think the town centre is its own problem. The fact we are attracting Tim Hortons to 2 locations in the town and a Taco Bell to Phoenix is fantastic.

As for the Wallneuk site, the roads will be a major issue and I fear our planners do their usual sterling job here and cause further issues. The delays at Weir and Incle (I think that's what that street coming from the Thai Siam bit under the bridge is called) are already bad some days. The delays heading into town are also bad, particularly at nights as buds are coming home.

I think the daytime rush is people trying to get up and onto the M8 but are forced from Incle, round Weir, Abercorn Street and then up on to Renfrew Road. That problem of getting cars out and perhaps not round Incle, Weir and Abercorn street is the issue. At night, it's the reverse problem and it can be backed up from almost the Watermill to the junction we are talking about.

When Tesco were going there years ago, there was talk about tunnelling under the railway or a bridge.  I am not sure of the feasibility of that but that would help get cars to the East / South of the town a bit easier.

Road issues aside and I will probably suffer from them! Great bit of business for the town and an improvement on what is becoming an eyesore of a site.

This doesn't even take into account the impact that the Cinema would have on that area too. All seem the right things to be happening in the town, but needs a fair bit of thinking through on transport infrastructure.

Had a look on the council website, the plans are actually on there.

The only entry/exit to this site will only be at Wallneuk Road! The units will sit at the back of the site where the trees are growing at the moment with the carpark of the site to the front. The drive through looks like it will be close the entry/exit point (naturally). Even if they ran one up into Gallowhill that would take a bit of pressure off for those heading East.

Good point on the cinema/theatre causing more traffic but hey it's progress on what are 2 eye-sores.

5 minutes ago, smcc said:

So the new access will be opposite Niddry St. I wonder if there will be right turn access to Renfrew Rd from the exit.

So the new access will be opposite Niddry St. I wonder if there will be right turn access to Renfrew Rd from the exit.

Not a chance without lights. Looking at that, it'll be chaos for traffic wanting to head back towards Renfrew, across the two lanes then round Uncle St/Abercorn St.