Kevin O'Hara Falkirk - 8 match ban

foxbar_bud

Banned for 8 games for abusing Dean Shiels about his missing eye .Well done the SPFL should been more. In fact he should have got the police involved as this is a hate crime. And the police have said repeatedly said that this should be reported and there right. Other player McKee up b4 the beaks next week. if guilty hope his punishment is the same or more.

21 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41930148

Just reported on bbc that Kevin O'Hara from Falkirk has been given an 8 match ban for excessive misconduct for abuse given to Dean Sheils

Seems quite a meaty ban considering what we have seen players given for racism etc in the past

I understand the comparison you are trying to make.......personally I think they've been quite lenient and that all of this kind of abuse of fellow professionals should carry a higher tariff. 

33 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Banned for 8 games for abusing Dean Shiels about his missing eye .Well done the SPFL should been more. In fact he should have got the police involved as this is a hate crime. And the police have said repeatedly that this should be reported and there right. Other player McKee up b4 the beaks next week. if guilty hope his punishment is the same or more.

What did O'Hara say ? 

Why arent plsyer getting eight game bans for calling an opponent a 'fat bassa', or 'lanky legs', or 'diabetic dan' or 'psycho' etc.. etc...

this should have been a booking, and a talking to from the ref to get a grip of yourself man... i bet Dean Shiels isnt happy being at the e.. sorry centre of this storm now when it racks up to sixteen games banned for two players!

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

How the feck is this a "hate crime"?

The rest of your post is fine and I agree with it, but "hate crime"?

Because this meets the definition of a hate crime.  Having one eye is a disability unless you claim to be unfit for work then atos will insist you can fly a plane after all

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Why arent plsyer getting eight game bans for calling an opponent a 'fat bassa', or 'lanky legs', or 'diabetic dan' or 'psycho' etc.. etc...

this should have been a booking, and a talking to from the ref to get a grip of yourself man... i bet Dean Shiels isnt happy being at the e.. sorry centre of this storm now when it racks up to sixteen games banned for two players!

Get real - he abused someone with a physical impairment, the idiot deserves everything he gets and anyone else who verbally or physically abuses anyone due to mental or physical impairment should be dealt with the same way. The only ones who need to "get a grip" are those condoning it or trying to belittle it - it's sickening in this day and age.

2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Does it?

---

hate crime
noun

1. a crime motivated by racial, sexual, or other prejudice, typically one involving violence.

---

How do you know that it was motivated by prejudice rather than motivated by a desire to gain an advantage on the pitch by distracting one of the opposition's better players?  Do you even know what was said?

Yes, as per the definition you shared...goodness me what a waste of time.

Here Slartiwhatever

"The Scottish Government defines Hate Crime as crime committed against a person or property that is motivated by ‘malice or ill-will towards an identifiable social group’. It is likely that you are a victim of a hate crime if you believe that someone has targeted you because of their prejudice against an aspect of your identity."

Oh and from the Police Scotland website Slartfartythingmie

Definition - Crime motivated by malice or ill will towards a social group by: 

• Race.
  • Sexual orientation.
  • Religion/faith.
  • Disability.
  • Transgender/gender identity (Offences (Aggravated by Prejudice) Act 2010).

Hate crimes are abhorrent and target marginalised and vulnerable members of our communities with devastating effect on both victims and their families.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Get real - he abused someone with a physical impairment, the idiot deserves everything he gets and anyone else who verbally or physically abuses anyone due to mental or physical impairment should be dealt with the same way. The only ones who need to "get a grip" are those condoning it or trying to belittle it - it's sickening in this day and age.

Ok working with that logic surely if a player calls another one fat he should be on an eight game ban too?

no one is condoning it but dishing out excessive punishments like this actually makes a spectacle of it, rather than dealing with it sensibly.

And if the eight game ban is the right call, Surely our asst manager should be banned for life as he was overheard shouting at one of our players "are you f&#cking deef"... surely thats a hate crime too if the lad is slightly below average hearing i.e. He has a disability..?

following on from that i expect both Falkirk players, our Asst Manager and just about every SPFL player, manager or coach to be up before the courts asap. 

As well as tens of thousands of non old firm fans too!

Edited by Lord Pityme

26 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And if the eight game ban is the right call, Surely our asst manager should be banned for life as he was overheard shouting at one of our players "are you f&#cking deef"... surely thats a hate crime too if the lad is slightly below average hearing i.e. He has a disability..?

following on from that i expect both Falkirk players, our Asst Manager and just about every SPFL player, manager or coach to be up before the courts asap. 

As well as tens of thousands of non old firm fans too!

And you know that his hearing is below par, do you?