Kevin O'Hara Falkirk - 8 match ban

foxbar_bud

CLUB STATEMENT – KEVIN O’HARA

Falkirk FC can confirm that Kevin O’Hara has received an eight-match suspension from the Scottish FA Judicial Panel for Excessive Misconduct.

A Club Spokesman, commented: “The club take note of the decision made by the Scottish FA Judicial Panel and are in the process of requesting the written reasons.

“No further comment will be made at this time.”

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

And how do you know that there was any motivation by malice or ill will towards a social group?

You can't just go about claiming that because it was an insult then it was a hate crime.

You never answered the question about whether you know what was said.

Edit: I do agree that hate crimes are abhorrent, but labelling all insults as hate crime does no-one any favours.

You are either incredibly stupid or you have some sort of fascination with starting pointless arguements.  Either way I am embarassed for you.

On a serious note, why is insulting a disabled person any worse than insulting an able bodied person?

Surely that depends on what one mocks.

If I call a wheelchair user an ugly bassa then It is no different from mocking an able bodied person.

It is in mocking the disability that a line is crossed.

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Surely that depends on what one mocks.

If I call a wheelchair user an ugly bassa then It is no different from mocking an able bodied person.

It is in mocking the disability that a line is crossed.

Absolutely......if you call a black person stupid (for acting stupidly) then that would in most cases be fine (depending on the context).  However if you called the stupid person a "stupid black b@stard" then you are being racist and a very clear line has been crossed.  The same simple rules apply if sexuality, religion, disabilty (physical or mental) is used.  I would imagine that having one eye and that being used against you must be very hurtful, very hurtful indeed.  Kevin O'Hara's career could well be marred forever, I have no sympathy for him.

Really simple and really serious.  I echo the original poster in his condemnation of Kevin O'Hara, the SFA have for once handled this well and I applaud the 8 game ban.  

Edited by TediousTom

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Oh my god, that's a hateful thing to say. Why are you showing malice and ill will towards disabled people? You should be ashamed of yourself. :whistle

We live in different times you see . In the P&D Amateur league 40 years back the top ref was Jimmy Kavanagh from Elderslie. Jimmy was top guy and a great ref although he had lost an eye during his childhood. If he caught you up to anything he would say " I've got my eye on you" etc

Changed days , and rightly so !

There are far too many people around these days that are just looking for an excuse to be offended on another person's behalf - quite often when the other person in question wasn't offended in the first place.

We can assume Shiels was offended as he was red carded for a bad tackle on McKee afterwards.

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

True story .  My Daughters boyfriend is Black, when she got together with him she came to me and asked  "Dad, does it bother you that  ****** is Black ? "

"Nope , not at all" says me  " I`m more upset that he`s f**king ENGLISH !!"     

Should i report myself now ?

I'd be more upset that his name's a swear word.

Sorry. I think there is, widely,  a great deal of "faux outrage" on this subject.  As a nation, we are becoming far too meek and "precious".  Has anyone actually discovered what atrocious comments were made to Shiels? Most likely it would have been the old chestnut about keeping one eye on the ball. Much more likely to be moronic than  malevolent.

FFS bring back the old adage of "sticks and stones".

Edited by stlucifer

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Sorry. I think there is, widely,  a great deal of "faux outrage" on this subject.  As a nation, we are becoming far too meek and "precious".  Has anyone actually discovered what atrocious comments were made to Shiels? Most likely it would have been the old chestnut about keeping one eye on the ball. Much more likely to be moronic than  malevolent.

Coming from the guy who puts people on ignore because he's too sensitive.  :lol:

What if the person actually is stupid, black and a bastard?

Where does it become offensive? At the word "black" or the word "bastard"?

If they were called a "stupid bastard", would that be OK? Especially if they were a bastard?

If you called someone a "stupid bastard" would that be a hate crime against people born out of wedlock?

If you called a sevco knuckle dragger a "f**king bigot" would that be a hate crime against bigots?

Where does it all end? Where is the line that must not be crossed?

A friend of mine lost a finger in a childhood accident and everyone, even his mother, used to tell him to "get the finger oot". Is that a hate crime, especially when nobody wished malice or ill will?

Is stupidness a disability?