Kevin O'Hara Falkirk - 8 match ban

foxbar_bud

16 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ok working with that logic surely if a player calls another one fat he should be on an eight game ban too?

no one is condoning it but dishing out excessive punishments like this actually makes a spectacle of it, rather than dealing with it sensibly.

You don't get it do you ! If someone is fat 99% of the time (certainly if he is a "professional" footballer) that is a lifestyle choice issue. Shiels did not chose to lose his sight in one eye. It's a physical impairment he has done tremeandously well to overcome in his chosen profession. Abusing someone at their place of work due to his physical impairment is 100% not acceptable and 8 match ban sends the right message that it isn't going to be tolerated. it's consistent with the ban handed out in the racial abuse case with Shay Logan at Aberdeen - far from excessive in my book.

39 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You don't get it do you ! If someone is fat 99% of the time (certainly if he is a "professional" footballer) that is a lifestyle choice issue. Shiels did not chose to lose his sight in one eye. It's a physical impairment he has done tremeandously well to overcome in his chosen profession. Abusing someone at their place of work due to his physical impairment is 100% not acceptable and 8 match ban sends the right message that it isn't going to be tolerated. it's consistent with the ban handed out in the racial abuse case with Shay Logan at Aberdeen - far from excessive in my book.

Ayrshire stop using common sense and reason with LPM:rolleyes: Just goes over his head

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I get it ok. Apparently the ref included in his match report, so why did he fail to deal with it there and then.. straight red..?

the issue I am highlighting is an excessive 8 match ban for apparently calling someone regarding a physical condition. Not every overweight person is so because of lifestyle choices.   Skinny, lanky people who even their own fans, and presumably some opponents call 'Freak' are not so because of a lifestyle choice so surely if an opponent abuses him its an 8 match ban, and if a fan shouts it, its a lifetime ban..? 

Would be intresting to hear Shiels take on it, given his father was/is not unknown to scream abuse at opponents and his own players regarding physical/mental/ emotional conditions, actual or not.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, billyg said:

We live in different times you see . In the P&D Amateur league 40 years back the top ref was Jimmy Kavanagh from Elderslie. Jimmy was top guy and a great ref although he had lost an eye during his childhood. If he caught you up to anything he would say " I've got my eye on you" etc

Changed days , and rightly so !

I remember him. He was always a good laugh, when he got your game.

Edited by FTOF

• 1 month later...
Guest TPAFKATS
Falkirk Fans
Oh dear

Apparently racism towards big Wedderburn in addition to throwing fake eyeballs onto the pitch.
Fair amount of whataboutery from Falkirk fans on social media trying to defend these actions.