St. Mirren ladies team

st jock

1 hour ago, st jock said:

Read a tweet from a st. Mirren director basically heavily hinting that we are getting a ladies team. Not sure how I feel about that. I'm sure that there is a market for it but can we afford it?

Great news.

I know somebody who will be absolutely thrilled.

It is her dream to play for St Mirren FC.

This is indeed good news, good news indeed.

In my day women were not allowed to play football, they had to be home in time to have their mans dinner cooked.  Well times have changed, they can vote, enter politics, play football and even (in some cases) earn the same as male counterparts.  Times have changed.

Anyway mon the Buddie Burds

Guest TPAFKATS

Long overdue.
There was a wee rumour a couple of years back that were going to have Glasgow playing at St. Mirren Park which led to more rumours that we were rebounding them as St Mirren.
Absolutely no issue with a ladies team, so long as it's properly budgeted for and built into the business model of the club - as I'm sure it will be.

Are the ladies eligible to play for the real team or are we only able to sign them during a transfer window?

I ask as it is surely a matter of time before we see women play alongside the men.  We wouldn't be the first, we really would not!

Anyway my prediction is this...the first wummen to turn out for our first team will be big, called Betty and play at centre half!

Guest TPAFKATS
Are the ladies eligible to play for the real team or are we only able to sign them during a transfer window?

I ask as it is surely a matter of time before we see women play alongside the men.  We wouldn't be the first, we really would not!

Anyway my prediction is this...the first wummen to turn out for our first team will be big, called Betty and play at centre half!

Blow-up Betty?

Or Betty Stove(for those old enough to remember)!

Surely it'll be Betty Swollocks

See the league we're starting in is currently propped up by Pollok Utd ladies who have a goal difference of -156 from 20 league games. They've already lost 16-1, 22-0 and 24-1 this season.

Oh when we play them they will only lose by six or seven as we will not give a toss in the second half and probably let them score same as our professional first team

5 minutes ago, guinness said:

Did we not have a ladies team st one time?did it not become rangers?

There was a St Mirren FC ladies team but they were not associated with the club in any official capacity much like the Basketball team and St. Mirren boys club.

Think several of the original women's team moved onto Celtic and Glasgow City

The more I think about the Buddie Burds the more I like it.

Once the female of the species has its more deadly than the male team up and running this will provide real opportunities for all involved to develop within the game.

For example opportunities will exist for those players wishing to develop in the coaching side of the game.  Young coaches will get opportunities with the Burds and young Burd coaches will get opportunities with the male squads.  All in all our fantastic, wonderful and cutting edge club will have a larger, more experienced pool of coaches available along with real opportunity for players from either sex to develop in a coaching capacity.  What's not to like?

I tell you this forum user's as previously alluded to the day when we have a female playing in the famous black and white stripes (men's team) is fast approaching.  The day when we have a female manager of the men's team is fast approaching, the day when the men's teams is back to being called the first team well that is already here as it always has been. 

All of this is good news as we venture forward into a fairer, more equal society.  Again though the Christmas night out will be fraught with danger.