St. Mirren ladies team

st jock

Reading this thread, it would appear I am the only one who couldn't care less about a ladies team.
Could the money wasted on this, not go elsewhere ?

I don’t and won’t watch Ladies football, but surely, money spent on a Ladies team is as equally well spent on the men’s team ?

I don’t see how every £1 spent on men’s football is worth more than every £1 spent on women’s football.

I’m proud that we are covering youth/men’s/women’s football [emoji460]️

Excellent news.

5 hours ago, barrhead saint said:

Reading this thread, it would appear I am the only one who couldn't care less about a ladies team.

Could the money wasted on this, not go elsewhere ?

I can assure you that you are most definitely not the only one!

it appears to me that a great many on here in their rush to be right on, modern thinking and diversity aware (all commendable of course), have neglected to notice that women’s fitba is completely and utterly shite. 

Back garden and curtains spring to mind. 

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

it appears to me that a great many on here in their rush to be right on, modern thinking and diversity aware (all commendable of course), have neglected to notice that women’s fitba is completely and utterly shite. 

Back garden and curtains spring to mind. 

The vast majority of womens sport is of course of a lower pace and level of athleticism if compared to men given the physical differences between the genders. There is also a massive disparity in pay in most women's sports that mean sports are mainly taken on as a pass time rather than a legitimate profession. 

The mistake that several make is to compare men's sport to women's sport rather than just judge it on its own merits. 

Whilst I don't go out my way to watch it, much like I don't go out my way to watch most matches I have no attachment to, Women's football has improved hugely in the last 10 years. There's nothing 'right on' or modernly diverse about making that factual observation. It will continue to do so as well. Let their game develop at its own pace and find its own level to be judged at rather than box an entire gender into 'its shite' 

In my time at Smisa i highlighted the 'no-brainer' , that considering half the population of Renfrewshire is made up of women, wouldn't it make good business, inclusivity,community sense for the club to form a ladies team. Have to say never mind the wider support, their wasnt much appetite among committee members to get involved.

so good to see Kenny & co bringing the interested parties together to get it off the ground. Looking forward to the 'debate' when/if Smisa put a funding request for the ladies team to the £2 pot vote!

Its going to tie a few in knots that want to give the club any funds it asks for! Dont know if the ladies team will be looking for Matchballs funding, but somebody might need to grow a pair!

On 20/11/2017 at 3:50 PM, TediousTom said:

Are the ladies eligible to play for the real team or are we only able to sign them during a transfer window?

I ask as it is surely a matter of time before we see women play alongside the men.  We wouldn't be the first, we really would not!

Anyway my prediction is this...the first wummen to turn out for our first team will be big, called Betty and play at centre half!

I don't know if you are joking or not but actually there is absolutely no physical reason why women cannot play alongside men in the same team. If a woman is good enough she should be able to be called into the main squad.

15 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Can you think of any reason why that might be?

How good do you think mens football was in the 1880s?

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't know if you are joking or not but actually there is absolutely no physical reason why women cannot play alongside men in the same team. If a woman is good enough she should be able to be called into the main squad.

Taking Betty out of the equation, I don't see the joke element.

A big thunder thighed ginger called "Betty fae Glenburn" is my prediction!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Some of the comments on here are hilarious.

And to think we all believe the dinosaurs died out millions of years ago. :lol:

Imagine thinking that trying to engage half the population was "pissing money away". :lol:

I find it hilarious too, that some think this is a great idea,

All about opinions.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

How good do you think mens football was in the 1880s?

No idea, and to be frank, neither do you.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

More likely to be vomiting I would have thought.

Nope drooling and dribbling all the way. They must see something in me you don't Oaky. Then again, you don't even know me do you.

Anyway, I'd a fair idea you'd be the Prime Minister of Outrage at the very suggestion of my posts. However, if I strip away the parts slightly loaded to hook gullible, humourless muppets like yergidsel, I would say the following.

I have no beef with women playing football. I have no beef with women doing absolutely anything that men have traditionally been more associated with. However, I reserve the right to my opinion that the standard of women's football is utter pish and I also reserve the right to have zero interest in it until that standard improves. I hope that's ok with you.

Obviously, as ever you'll want to have the last word, so knock yourself out and we'll leave it at that.

By the way, women goalies...:lol::lol:

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Anyway, I'd a fair idea you'd be the Prime Minister of Outrage at the very suggestion of my posts. However, if I strip away the parts slightly loaded to hook gullible, humourless muppets like yergidsel, I would say the following.

Aha. The classic dinosaur tactic of saying something indefensible, then accusing those who pull them up as being "outraged" and "lacking a sense of humour". :lol:

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No idea, and to be frank, neither do you.

Well I think you are perfectly capable of making a reasonable guess FFS. :lol:

There isn't a sport in the world which has not improved considerably over time as technology and knowledge improves.

You and the rest of the dinosaurs are on the wrong side of history yet again on this issue.

Womans football is getting bigger every year and will eventually catch the mens game once they have the same money, facilities, support and publicity that the men get.

I should add though that you are perfectly entitled to your bigotted viewpoint.

At some point your generation will die and take their attitudes with them.