St. Mirren ladies team

st jock

On ‎23‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Just a taste of things to come!

looking forward to the meltdowns if Smisa include a request to fund SMFC ladies from the £2 pot. Surely all the members who vote any spend on the club (no matter how ridiculous) through, will back the lassies..?

they shouldn't have to

21 hours ago, melmac said:

If smisa ask for funds for a wumans team, I'm outta their. If nothing else, a wumans team needs to wipe its own face.  

I previously mentioned woman's football being high on the Grow the Game Agenda, Football Associations are really pushing this on agenda's for which, there is more than adequate funding available from funding initiatives like the Football Foundation.

I expect there will be local businesses who'd support with sponsorship too. Will be a bit of hard graft but very achievable without needing to even take a glance at SMISA funds.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Smisa members got an email confirming there will be an option to fund the ladies team on a future £2 pot vote. I would (being as diplomatic as possible) be pleasantly surprised to see the request voted through.

Would get my vote, just as the majority of worthy causes have .

Smisa members got an email confirming there will be an option to fund the ladies team on a future £2 pot vote. I would (being as diplomatic as possible) be pleasantly surprised to see the request voted through.

There is plenty funding streams available for this not to require financial support from SMISA.

Let them play & train at Ralston. They are a part of St Mirren after all.

Kit......whats yer man Provan up to with his sportswear company? A sponsorship opportunity right there.
Other local companies for sponsorship also.

Charging the ladies subs??

There's a lot of interest for womans football, go the whole hog & start with u7's right up to adult & offer progression in the club

Guest TPAFKATS

There is plenty funding streams available for this not to require financial support from SMISA.

Kit......whats yer man Provan up to with his sportswear company? A sponsorship opportunity right there.

There's a lot of interest for womans football, go the whole hog & start with u7's right up to adult & offer progression in the club

Why wouldn't they wear the same kit as the other St. Mirren teams?

Also why are they paying subs? Do other St.Mirren teams have to pay subs?

Why wouldn't they wear the same kit as the other St. Mirren teams?

Also why are they paying subs? Do other St.Mirren teams have to pay subs?

Have you read the SMISA email? It appears not. Anyways,

It's an off the peg kit isn't it?
Do all associated St Mirren teams all play in the same kit with Skyview emblazoned across the chest?

If not, i'd expect some financial prudence in seeking sponsorship. I mentioned provans because of their links to St Mirren, womans football being high on the agenda of the FA's & it will gather some publicity, a perfect sponsorship opportunity to be engaged with. For all it matters, could be any company.
There is a few funding streams/opportunities available for this.
SMISA does not need to be involved in funding this unless they want to be.

Paying subs is in the email from SMISA. Just in case you didn't work that out by now.

10 minutes ago, Graeme Aitken said:

Do all associated St Mirren teams all play in the same kit with Skyview emblazoned across the chest?

If not, i'd expect some financial prudence in seeking sponsorship. I mentioned provans because of their links to St Mirren, womans football being high on the agenda of the FA's & it will gather some publicity, a perfect sponsorship opportunity to be engaged with. For all it matters, could be any company.

Paying subs is in the email from SMISA. Just in case you didn't work that out by now.

Unless the members choose to.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Unless the members choose to.

Aye, that is true. When i talk of smisa, i mean the whole shebang, not just the smisa board.

I am sure the members will support it, as will I but i am aware, through my involvment in youth football, that funding is available through a variety of avenues.

That's the gist of the drum i am banging, i hope SMISA, St Mirren or whoever appropriate looks at funding rather than taking the "we'll ask SMISA to fund it" approach

As far as i know, Professional football clubs are not exempt from applying for funding, hence the suggestion to go explore before asking smisa

2 hours ago, Graeme Aitken said:

I know there its early days as regards the planning and execution of this project, but i dont think the ladies team will get access to Ralston.  I think Kenny (TsuMirren) intimated as much in his article and email update. Hope i have got it wrong.

I know there its early days as regards the planning and execution of this project, but i dont think the ladies team will get access to Ralston.  I think Kenny (TsuMirren) intimated as much in his article and email update. Hope i have got it wrong.

I interpretted it the same way as you have so opted to express where I think their matches should be.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a vanity project that turns south quickly.

What funding has been explored?
Have potential sponsors been approached?
What pitches are being considered? For matches?
Where will training be?
What infrastructure to run/manage the team has been set up.

They'll need basic equipment to get going........

Guest TPAFKATS

I've read the press release.
What's 'off the press' or sponsors logo got to do with me asking why they xanthine wear the same kit as our other team(s)?
We have one senior male team and are about to launch a female senior team. They should wear the same kit, as other professional clubs do.

Similarly, if we are launching a team we shouldn't be expecting them to pay their own subs. That was why I asked the question about subs. Thanks for the condescending answer though.

Obviously I'll need to spell it out more for you next time. Ffs!

Guest TPAFKATS

I interpretted it the same way as you have so opted to express where I think their matches should be.

I really hope this doesn't turn into a vanity project that turns south quickly.

What funding has been explored?
Have potential sponsors been approached?
What pitches are being considered? For matches?
Where will training be?
What infrastructure to run/manage the team has been set up.

They'll need basic equipment to get going........

Have you read the email...[emoji23]

I've read the press release.
What's 'off the press' or sponsors logo got to do with me asking why they xanthine wear the same kit as our other team(s)?
We have one senior male team and are about to launch a female senior team. They should wear the same kit, as other professional clubs do.

Similarly, if we are launching a team we shouldn't be expecting them to pay their own subs. That was why I asked the question about subs. Thanks for the condescending answer though.

Obviously I'll need to spell it out more for you next time. Ffs!

I am not in disagreement with you but
Ffs, at least have the courtesy to get it right if you want to be offended.

Let me spell it out for you.

you will have noticed SMISA took this to St Mirren, not the other way round.

In their email, SMISA wrote

"The women’s team still have some work to do to be ready for the start of their season and there are still some aspects of their operation to be agreed,

for example

where they will train and play.
It is also currently planned for the players to pay monthly subs to cover rental and match day fees,

a practice the team hope to move away from as they progress – hopefully up the leagues.

In the short term, anyone interested in making donations or providing sponsorship, for example team or player sponsorship, can get in touch with SMISA committee member Kenny Morrison via [email protected]

The SMISA committee"

Hopefully, you will now get the gist

The Club & SMISA are intending (at this moment in time, to charge the players subs.

Where will they play? Where will they train? Why not within the current facilities available to St Mirren FC?

To me, this appears a barely touched the oven idea rather than 1/2 baked but having said that, an exciting development at
St Mirren FC & one that will get my support. I hope it achieves the goals being set at this time.

Oh aye, the off the peg kit & logo is in regards to someone else sponsoring the ladies team.
Is the Skyview logo on the youth team kits?
If yes, i expect, like you, for it to be on the ladies kit too.
If no, then for financing purposes, i expect attempts to get their kit sponsored & with that, the sponsors logo on it.

Hope that helps.

Guest TPAFKATS

I am not in disagreement with you but
Ffs, at least have the courtesy to get it right if you want to be offended.

Let me spell it out for you.

you will have noticed SMISA took this to St Mirren, not the other way round.

In their email, SMISA wrote

"The women’s team still have some work to do to be ready for the start of their season and there are still some aspects of their operation to be agreed,

for example

where they will train and play.
It is also currently planned for the players to pay monthly subs to cover rental and match day fees,

a practice the team hope to move away from as they progress – hopefully up the leagues.

In the short term, anyone interested in making donations or providing sponsorship, for example team or player sponsorship, can get in touch with SMISA committee member Kenny Morrison via [email protected]

The SMISA committee"

Hopefully, you will now get the gist

The Club & SMISA are intending (at this moment in time, to charge the players subs.

Where will they play? Where will they train? Why not within the current facilities available to St Mirren FC?

To me, this appears a barely touched the oven idea rather than 1/2 baked but having said that, an exciting development at
St Mirren FC & one that will get my support. I hope it achieves the goals being set at this time.

Oh aye, the off the peg kit & logo is in regards to someone else sponsoring the ladies team.
Is the Skyview logo on the youth team kits?
If yes, i expect, like you, for it to be on the ladies kit too.
If no, then for financing purposes, i expect attempts to get their kit sponsored & with that, the sponsors logo on it.

Hope that helps.

That's a very long post of agreement. [emoji6]

I'm not offended, I just find it either half hearted, half baked as you say or worst case scenario lip service if we launch a women's team but expect them to pay their own fees.
We are already a fair bit behind the established teams, both those aligned to Spfl clubs and those who stand alone.