Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

shull

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, you'll not be popular. :lol:

I know. I’ve got me crash helmet on!

Since I was old enough to feel bitterness I’ve despised the Old Firm and everything they stand for. For some reason (I know not why) I’ve always hated Rangers a tiny little bit more than Celtic. They remain literally the only football club in the world that I would gladly have seen go out of business completely.

However, they didn’t. I could sit and wring my hands about that every day like some. I choose not to. It won’t change anything. 

3 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

It was the only Scottish football tie that company were ever interested in . .

Which is pretty much the same in every country in the world.......................the top 2, 3 4 teams are the real money spinners, the rest are thrown in for some attempt at showing some equality.

Do you have an original thought in your head? 

17 hours ago, DougJamie said:

They are not in cahoots, its simply the SPL bending over the table to both of them as per...................Wish they would go join the Conference in Englandshire and be done with it

Thank f**k they haven't just put in a joint proposal to the SFA then to split the Scotland home games between them........oh that's right, they just have.

Two projects in a week that they've done jointly and they're not in cahoots.......aye right!!  

13 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know. I’ve got me crash helmet on!

Since I was old enough to feel bitterness I’ve despised the Old Firm and everything they stand for. For some reason (I know not why) I’ve always hated Rangers a tiny little bit more than Celtic. They remain literally the only football club in the world that I would gladly have seen go out of business completely.

However, they didn’t. I could sit and wring my hands about that every day like some. I choose not to. It won’t change anything. 

Ha! Ha! everyone in Paisley, Glasgow and the west of Scotland will know why. Why don't you. Institutional sectarianism. My upbringing dictates I should be a Rangers Fan and while I never supported Rangers, in my younger days  I always liked to see Celtic get beat more than I enjoyed watching Rangers getting beat. I think it was something I was taught at school.

I did cheer on Rangers when they beat Moscow Dynamo and I was a distraught as any Celtic fan when Dixie Deans missed the penalty against Inter. I always supported both ugly sisters in Europe especially against English teams but as a St Mirren fan, I just like to see them both getting pumped in Scottish football. Rangers are now the main villains in Scottish football and not because of any sectarian influence but because they gained an unfair sporting advantage over every team in the league and have the cheek to blame everyone else for their demise.

Until a board not associated with the previous team, company or what ever is installed, Rangers will always be the Rangers we remember.  They allegedly have the biggest debts in Scottish football but they still have the second biggest player budget. How can that be allowed???  How did King pass a Due Diligence test?  Why is David Murray not being more closely Scrutinised for what just looks like a straight forward transfer of power without the crippling debt they amassed during his reign? These are questions the SFA , SPFL or SFL will never answer.

So we still have our pantomime villain and don't we Just love it.

Craig White was innocent. Long Live SEVCO.

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

Thank f**k they haven't just put in a joint proposal to the SFA then to split the Scotland home games between them........oh that's right, they just have.

Two projects in a week that they've done jointly and they're not in cahoots.......aye right!!  

There not mate. They are just equally evil

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

There not mate. They are just equally evil

They work together evil or not old boy hence the original term "Old Firm" as in "business"......... I hate them but they continually operate as one which is why the top league changes had to be 11-1 to go through, they will "Always" vote together.

Just now, WeeBud said:

They work together evil or not old boy hence the original term "Old Firm" as in "business"......... I hate them but they continually operate as one which is why the top league changes had to be 11-1 to go through, they will "Always" vote together.

Hate them to.......................... so I agree your probably right......... however Tic have been at pains to point out that Sevco aint Rangers. But yeah they have a vested interest and only league they are both in is the one with Satan

20 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

If the club and company were separate entities as they claim and it was only the company that was liquidated then it also means that it was only the company that went into administration. The club did not appeal the ten points they were deducted for going into administration which means that they must have considered themselves to be one and the same as the company.

What's happened with "Rangers" is like when a company that is renowned for making quality "stuff" gets into financial difficulties and their brand name ends up getting sold/licensed to some shyster who then churns out cheap tat under that name. They get away with it for a few years then ...

That's my take on it, but I'm not going to get into an argument over a corpse.

That is a fantastic response to the part of my post that you chose to quote. Well done. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:25 PM, DougJamie said:

Your just playing with Words now:P

Not one paper reported the last Celtic- The Rangers tie as anything other than the Old Firm, SKY billed it as the Old Firm. So yes I am being silly but I am not alone  :whistle

The only thing that is missing from those who perpetuate the myth is someone walking in front ringing a bell and shouting, "bring out your dead"!

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:38 PM, DougJamie said:

Listen to your self Froggie FFS.....

How many teams have been leading Celtic after 55 mins>????

Jack and the team will fear no one, but fairly obvious you cack your pants on a regular basis  

You would give an aspirin a headache pal

Not been around lately but when will you learn that the Frog rarely gets things wrong.

• 6 months later...
On 1/20/2018 at 10:56 PM, Drew said:

Some of the mince being posted on here tonight is laughable.

We've won nothing yet folk are fretting about us being miles away from being a top 6 side. Players getting slated on the basis of a below par performance against the second best team in the country. Players who have just joined the club getting judged after minimal game time in a match that was already lost.

Dearie me:rolleyes:

Could easily be aimed at yesterdays performance, well done for looking into the future.

6 numbers for next Saturday please? 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Could easily be aimed at yesterdays performance, well done for looking into the future.

6 numbers for next Saturday please? 

Aye, that's a wee bit spooky.

I suppose the difference is that this time we are in the same league (technically, at least), so the level of expectation in terms of competing is inevitably a good bit higher.

That said, we know that, realistically, the task ahead is not to try and equal the likes of Aberdeen, as nice as that would be. 

As your own league within a league thread highlights, our task is to be better than a few of the clubs who are likely to finish in the bottom half come May.

This time we have won something, but all that has done is earn us the right to take a step up. That was the easy bit.

9 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, that's a wee bit spooky.

I suppose the difference is that this time we are in the same league (technically, at least), so the level of expectation in terms of competing is inevitably a good bit higher.

That said, we know that, realistically, the task ahead is not to try and equal the likes of Aberdeen, as nice as that would be. 

As your own league within a league thread highlights, our task is to be better than a few of the clubs who are likely to finish in the bottom half come May.

This time we have won something, but all that has done is earn us the right to take a step up. That was the easy bit.

100% but Aberdeen are still a top side and we have players who are quite a way from being the finished article. 

What about the 6  numbers ya trumpet? 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

100% but Aberdeen are still a top side and we have players who are quite a way from being the finished article. 

What about the 6  numbers ya trumpet? 

Six numbers?

4-1, 4-0 (I'll leave the rest to your imagination....:zipit).

Just watched the full 90min on Buddie Vision

Feel for all the fans who made that journey we look disjointed , no idea how to attack and sadly back to passing the ball sideways grim stuff indeed.

That was not a bad day at the office there are too many players who don't seem up to standard which is very worrying.

Pray this team are up for the Livie game if we lose that , dont even want to think of it. 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Just watched the full 90min on Buddie Vision

Feel for all the fans who made that journey we look disjointed , no idea how to attack and sadly back to passing the ball sideways grim stuff indeed.

That was not a bad day at the office there are too many players who don't seem up to standard which is very worrying.

Pray this team are up for the Livie game if we lose that , dont even want to think of it. 

Dear oh dear.............watching a game from January? :lol:

What about yesterdays game? :whistle

Edited by faraway saint