Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

shull

The last time St Mirren came toe-to-toe with a Premiership club was the 5-0 defeat to Partick Thistle in the Betfred Cup group stage in July.

Jack Ross knows the team will have to be at their best to prevent another defeat like that.    

The gaffer said: "We didn't play well on the day and Partick played very well, but I got some things wrong in terms of how I approached the game. That was good for me, because I learned from that.

Would be interesting to know what he did that day as we were rank rotten!!!

28 minutes ago, athens-saint said:

The last time St Mirren came toe-to-toe with a Premiership club was the 5-0 defeat to Partick Thistle in the Betfred Cup group stage in July.

Jack Ross knows the team will have to be at their best to prevent another defeat like that.    

The gaffer said: "We didn't play well on the day and Partick played very well, but I got some things wrong in terms of how I approached the game. That was good for me, because I learned from that.

Midfield was over run that' s was my thought. It' also quite a different team that is taking Aberdeen on. Jack playing a bit of good old fashioned mind games. 

1 hour ago, athens-saint said:

He did the same in the Raith Rovers , Irn Bru Cup disaster.

I really hope has learnt a serious lesson since then.

If we are up for it , we can beat Aberdeen comfortably.

1 hour ago, athens-saint said:

We were'nt a team that day. :(

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You should at least write its a photo shop wind up. Some fans will be coming in from work and worrying that' s true. 

37 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

That Photoshop is mental, sometimes you cannot actually believe what you see.

Looks very real. 

I think the big clue is the fact that "Aberdeen FC official twitter" cant spell Pittodrie !! :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sadly...I will be watching the game on TV at the City Walls pub in Stirling and not in Aberdeen.

Well done to all of the Saint Mirren fans making the journey.

I'll give you a minute by minute report on my travels, including the car drivers middle name, how many sheep we see on the journey and topped off by how many yellow cars we see before we get to Aberdeen, that's a great game. 

Oh, and I'll give you a wave if I can get my arse out of hospitality. 

7 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

In my defence, it was my second attempt. I didn't post the first one as I knew you would have went in the huff if I had said "I'm surprised your fat arse can fit through the door into hospitality in the first place". :)

Why have you wandered into a topic that's anything to do with football as you're, clearly, out of your depth? :byebye

Waddle back to general nonsense, much more "your thing"............:lol:

Just now, Slartibartfast said:

In the same way that you're out of your depth with basic punctuation?

What would make you think I was out of my depth? What would that even mean?

Usual "ping pong" attempts to avoid the question, you're a "mini me" Oaky, away and feck off! :byebye

Anyway, back to the game..................

8/1 for Saints, certainly worth a wee flutter.

Been mentioned earlier, stay in the game for 20-30 minutes, their fans will get restless, score before half time and they will be shitting themselves.

We've enough to, at least, give them a fright and it's not impossible that we can win this. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Usual "ping pong" attempts to avoid the question, you're a "mini me" Oaky, away and feck off! :byebye

Anyway, back to the game..................

8/1 for Saints, certainly worth a wee flutter.

Been mentioned earlier, stay in the game for 20-30 minutes, their fans will get restless, score before half time and they will be shitting themselves.

We've enough to, at least, give them a fright and it's not impossible that we can win this. 

Will our fans boo us winning because the Scottish Cup aint a fecking priority ?

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I'll give you a minute by minute report on my travels, including the car drivers middle name, how many sheep we see on the journey and topped off by how many yellow cars we see before we get to Aberdeen, that's a great game. 

Oh, and I'll give you a wave if I can get my arse out of hospitality. 

Big of you Faraway!

Your gerousity knows no bounds.

Enjoy!