Aberdeen v St Mirren Bet Fred Cup

shull

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think the midfield were a bit suspect at the 3rd, but, as you say, time to move on.

Both central midfielders didn't track back and were just watching Christie stroll in and slot it away, school boy stuff and very poor.

Says the man who reckons we shouldn't try to win the league this year:wacko:

Perhaps you missed the irony in my post.

But we would not survive a season in the SPL playing like this.

Many others on here share my view about the frailty of our defence and about our inability to control the midfield.

And without Morgan next season we will struggle up front.

The recent memories of continually battling to avoid relegation are still too fresh in my mind.

I have serious doubts as to whether we are ready to step up a division but I hope I am wrong. We will certainly have to improve considerably.

The silver lining is that we have Jack Ross as manager and a significant improvement is therefore likely.

I thought apart a 20 minute spell in the first half we were pretty poor. Stelios had a stinker in particular and handed them 2 goals which knocked the stuffing out of us, hopefully he had an off day and doesn't repeat it, it happens. Looking for an instant reaction next Friday to get it out the system.

6 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Perhaps you missed the irony in my post.

But we would not survive a season in the SPL playing like this.

Many others on here share my view about the frailty of our defence and about our inability to control the midfield.

And without Morgan next season we will struggle up front.

The recent memories of continually battling to avoid relegation are still too fresh in my mind.

I have serious doubts as to whether we are ready to step up a division but I hope I am wrong. We will certainly have to improve considerably.

The silver lining is that we have Jack Ross as manager and a significant improvement is therefore likely.

Irony doesn't always translate very well. That is what the smileys are for.

Any team who makes the step up has to strengthen. That is stating the blatantly obvious.

Neither midfield could claim they played well but Aberdeen knew that on that pitch you had to play wide. Couple that with both full backs having stinkers and there was only going to be one winner.
Flynn looked rusty and who is the ringer calling himself Hill? Nineteen - nnnnn nineteen? Who are we kidding?

51 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Best thing about our winning streak has been the absence of you posting basic negative statistics we are all fully aware of and acting like you have cracked the enigma code.

You  are more annoying than Elvis by some distance when we lose! Quite an achievement.

Neither are annoying. 

Why are you annoyed ? 

There are many more on here today giving pelters to the Team and players. 

Selective are you. 

Decent first half performance, blighted by defensive errors which were gratefully capitalised on by Aberdeen. Fourth goal was a screamer, and after that it was a bit of a non event, with Aberdeen coasting.

I'm sure most of us already know a great deal of strengthening is required of we do go up - we have a team built to win the championship. We can bring in higher quality players once we get there.

Onwards and upwards, a win in Fife on Friday night will be far more important than any result today.

Disappointed the cups over for another year. Love a cup run.

Didn’t think we were too bad from middle to front but we all knew that was our strong suit. Individual errors have cost us. Stelios will hurt for that and will probably cost him his place in the side, that’s punishment enough for him. Shame because he’s held up well the last few games.

I haven’t heard Dodds say anything that wasn’t warranted or true.

Sad state of affairs that when we are getting a lesson on how hard the top league will be some seem to prefer to deflect ,blaming summarisers and even the ball boys !!

We need an outlet, for me it was the disgraceful queue for 2 people serving no pies and a cold crusty sausage rolls what a joke club.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

How anyone can even pass comment on the performances of Flynn and Hill is beyond me.

Bizarre.

Yep. Both on when the game was already over as a contest. Hill especially had little time to impress, although he still managed one decent forward run with the ball. We've almost a week until the next match, time for the new boys to get to know their team mates a bit better, and get to know what's expected of them.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:
1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Worth noting that in our 2 games against Premiership opponents this year, we have conceded 9 and scored 1. 

Best thing about our winning streak has been the absence of you posting basic negative statistics we are all fully aware of and acting like you have cracked the enigma code.

You  are more annoying than Elvis by some distance when we lose! Quite an achievement.

Have to agree with Kemp here and although I do realise a forum is all about opinions, in my opinion; we could do WITHOUT a prat like TC as a 'supposed' supporter :)

I have to admit that my pre match prediction in the pub was a 4..1 win for Aberdeen. I think JR summed things up well in his post match comments. Two mistakes by Stellious and a third mistake in not picking up a runner cost us dear. Great 4th goal by Aberdeen.  No shame in this defeat but certainly things to learn from. Onwards and upwards. Ps. I agree that no judgements could be made on either Flynn or Hill. Good to see them getting a taste of the action. 

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

How anyone can even pass comment on the performances of Flynn and Hill is beyond me.

Bizarre.

I specifically said I am not passing judgement on Flynn never mentioned hill but I think whats bizarre is people on here raving about Mullen not seen nothing from him no where near whats required for premier league I hope to be proved wrong though.

Thought we let ourselves down a bit today. We can play much better than that and to give away such cheap goals was disappointing.

Might not be a bad thing though as will have brought us down a peg or two. Onwards and upwards ........ hopefully !