W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Feck that. Keep the OF scum out of all our stands. We don’t want to have to power wash the seats too often.

If we can get 7500 season ticket holders, we'll only have to give away fans a wee corner of the north stand . You can but dream .

• 1 month later...

Appreciate we only see one side of the story but it seems to me there is an element - be it someone at the club, the police or someone else - who is going out of their way to make things as hard as possible for the folk in W7. I saw something before the game about ticket issues and now this nonsense with the banner, which I assume is the same one Livingston were perfectly happy to let into their ground last week.

37 minutes ago, Stu said:

Appreciate we only see one side of the story but it seems to me there is an element - be it someone at the club, the police or someone else - who is going out of their way to make things as hard as possible for the folk in W7. I saw something before the game about ticket issues and now this nonsense with the banner, which I assume is the same one Livingston were perfectly happy to let into their ground last week.

Agreed. There’s a jobsworth out there trying to justify themselves and their own self importance.

We’ve never had a sell out, why we still piss about with seat numbers is beyond me.

Something was mentioned about “overcrowding” so they decided to block season ticket holders of people known to be located in W7, and force them to collect tickets outside. Tbf the SLO stood outside with the tickets. 

Dont think it was really necessary for Brechin at home, but  aye , not ideal. Genuinely don’t want this to grow arms and legs, section is going fine and growing, just seems someone at the club wants to make life difficult for us and force us to jump through hoops. Always been the case though

It makes sense to work out who has a season ticket seat somewhere else in the stand and wants to go to w7 so that the club know that they can sell the seats that have been unused all season. 

My son has a season ticket for the West Bank but I don’t think he has ever been near his allocated seat in w1. This seat could be sold but at the moment the club don’t have a clue over what seats are actually available. 

1 hour ago, DumboBud said:

It makes sense to work out who has a season ticket seat somewhere else in the stand and wants to go to w7 so that the club know that they can sell the seats that have been unused all season. 

My son has a season ticket for the West Bank but I don’t think he has ever been near his allocated seat in w1. This seat could be sold but at the moment the club don’t have a clue over what seats are actually available. 

There are plenty of seats available/unused throughout the stand, was never going to be anywhere near full against Brechin - hopefully it gets sorted before the bigger crowd games at the end of the season though. Just seems like needless hassle, especially when they also send security round to remove the Jack Ross flag - essentially a bedsheet with paint on it (despite every other allowed flag being the same) 

Anyway. All guns blazing for the run in. COYS :D

8 hours ago, Doakes said:

There are plenty of seats available/unused throughout the stand, was never going to be anywhere near full against Brechin - hopefully it gets sorted before the bigger crowd games at the end of the season though. Just seems like needless hassle, especially when they also send security round to remove the Jack Ross flag - essentially a bedsheet with paint on it (despite every other allowed flag being the same) 

Anyway. All guns blazing for the run in. COYS :D

I agree that having enough seats available wasn’t going to be a problem for Brechin, but the sooner they get it sorted the better do that when glory hunters/ friends and family start coming out the woodwork we are able to take their money off them. 

I cant understand the issue with the banners and the apparent shifting of the rules/ agreement the club need to be consistent. 

Maybe I am being more than a little thick..it does happen...but I feel sure that the club and other fans like the noise and colour provided by the folk in this section.

I believe also that the club has to take into account what they feel is fan's safety. It looks like a previously agreed procedure might not have been followed.

Lesson 1 for the fans involved :

Make sure you keep closely to any agreements made with the club. The club clearly doesn't like surprises. No offence meant to the fans involved intended 

Lesson 2 for the club:

On a wider basis and looking ahead to next season if we are promoted my guess would be that we might sell out season tickets for the main stand and the West stand or at least 90% of these.

Is it not possible to allocate this section as season ticket only and in this way know who has which seat and collectively who will be there.  This would be easily stewarded. The group can then continue to build ongoing relationships with the club.

19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Maybe I am being more than a little thick..it does happen...but I feel sure that the club and other fans like the noise and colour provided by the folk in this section.

I believe also that the club has to take into account what they feel is fan's safety. It looks like a previously agreed procedure might not have been followed.

Lesson 1 for the fans involved :

Make sure you keep closely to any agreements made with the club. The club clearly doesn't like surprises. No offence meant to the fans involved intended 

Lesson 2 for the club:

On a wider basis and looking ahead to next season if we are promoted my guess would be that we might sell out season tickets for the main stand and the West stand or at least 90% of these.

Is it not possible to allocate this section as season ticket only and in this way know who has which seat and collectively who will be there.  This would be easily stewarded. The group can then continue to build ongoing relationships with the club.

A better suggestion would be to make W7 unallocated, you can either shift your ST into the unallocated area and take what you get - or buy a ticket for the unallocated section at the cabin. No need for individual seat numbers or any of that nonsense, just over complicates things. There's genuinely been no issues at all this season (apart from scum-gate) so hopefully will be fine for upcoming games

20 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Looking ahead to next season if we are promoted my guess would be that we might sell out season tickets for the main stand and the West stand or at least 90% of these.

Is it not possible to allocate this section as season ticket only and in this way know who has which seat and collectively who will be there.

No, not unless it is a ST which excludes games against the OF* and teams which the BoD feel may need it as overspill.

26 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

No, not unless it is a ST which excludes games against the OF* and teams which the BoD feel may need it as overspill.

He's working on the premise that at least 90% of the seats in both stands are filled with ST holders.

Cloud cuckoo land AFAIC but, IF it were to come to pass, then there would be no space for overspill. The OF would just have to GTF and accept they would be outnumbered by the home support.

I know nothing certain yet but............

Could be worth the club starting to think about  next seasons arrangements with the fans in event we do get promoted,

If we can survive financially this season without larger crowds then there should be no reason whatsoever for giving over W7 and/or the Family stand next season.

North stand only,

1 hour ago, woiiftm said:

I know nothing certain yet but............

Could be worth the club starting to think about  next seasons arrangements with the fans in event we do get promoted,

If we can survive financially this season without larger crowds then there should be no reason whatsoever for giving over W7 and/or the Family stand next season.

North stand only,

Sadly that won't happen. The club won't pass up the chance of missing out the gate money of 800 extra away fans at least 3 times in the season that would be worth around 50K to the club. Some home fans also tend to stay away when they visit partly because the club always bump the gate money up to £25 with the game normally on the telly.

6 hours ago, renfrew said:

Sadly that won't happen. The club won't pass up the chance of missing out the gate money of 800 extra away fans at least 3 times in the season that would be worth around 50K to the club. Some home fans also tend to stay away when they visit partly because the club always bump the gate money up to £25 with the game normally on the telly.

One way to achieve this is to sell out the West and Main Stand season tickets. A big ask but not outside the bounds of possibility as people who choose to come on a game by game basis realise that they might not be able to get a ticket for a number of games.  

Might be improbable given past seasons sales but it is a while since we were in the top league. I know for example that 3 of my family pick and choose games but are thinking of a season ticket for next season.

Clearly others might think differently.

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

One way to achieve this is to sell out the West and Main Stand season tickets. A big ask but not outside the bounds of possibility as people who choose to come on a game by game basis realise that they might not be able to get a ticket for a number of games.  

Might be improbable given past seasons sales but it is a while since we were in the top league. I know for example that 3 of my family pick and choose games but are thinking of a season ticket for next season.

Clearly others might think differently.

Your asking us to sell 4800 season tickets then, 2000 more than we have the now ? It not going to happen, in fact I can see the club giving both the south and north stand to some teams next season assuming we go up.

32 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Your asking us to sell 4800 season tickets then, 2000 more than we have the now ? It not going to happen, in fact I can see the club giving both the south and north stand to some teams next season assuming we go up.

32 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Renfrew. I know it is a big ask.  I would personally like to see the Main Stand  Sold Out. I think that is possible.

I would like to see us sell  3/4 of the Familiy Stand Out and with the right terms, I think this is possible.

You and others have a good point though.  The key will be the numbers in the West Stand. This is a bit less likely it seems.

Many might disagree but I would pack the centre of the West Stand with Allocated Season Tickets and sell these out.

I would consider then making each end of the West Stand Flexible Season Tickets and seek to sell only 1/2 to 3/4 leaving space for infrequent supporters to join their friends in these sections. This would work for me as I often have to leave my allocated seat to sit with friends and family who are attending.

Being successful in the top league (assuming we get there) will attract others to attend so help fill the West Stand.

Am I right in saying that the club has set out what they would do if X number of season tickets wre sold.