W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

1 minute ago, antrin said:

The BBC are billing this 36 second clip as Morelos being struck by a coin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/46092145

certainly looks like pie foil to me.

(I know the link sez "rugby". BBC gets many things wrong....)

:lol:

That is so obviously pie foil.

Sorry Oaky, I’ve watched it and I’m honestly answering that it looks like pie foil. 

You can even tell by the way it bounces off him. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Gotcthe match recorded so I’ll have a look.

Not disputing anything, just passing on what I’d heard. 

There's a 30 second clip on the BBC which shows the goal itself and the celebration.

You clearly see the object thrown.

ETA. FFS check the ENTIRE thread before posting responses. :D

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is so obviously pie foil.

Sorry Oaky, I’ve watched it and I’m honestly answering that it looks like pie foil. 

You can even tell by the way it bounces off him. 

You are taking the piss. :lol:

Or you need your eyes tested. :lol:

That is definitely a coin.

A bit of pie foil would not have reached him. It's way too light.

To be honest it’s hard to tell what exactly it is.

It could be a crushed up foil from a pie if you squash it up hard enough it could be thrown that far or it could be a 50p/10p coin.

It’s doesn’t really matter at all the idiot shouldn’t be throwing anything at the players.

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well I am blun as a bat, but to me it looks far too big to be a coin.

Also I reckon a tightly scrunched up pie tray if thrown from relatively near the front would easily reach him. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well I am blun as a bat, but to me it looks far too big to be a coin.

Also I reckon a tightly scrunched up pie tray if thrown from relatively near the front would easily reach him. 

With the way the wind was on Saturday,  it could have been thrown from the car park in the sky.

15 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree on the Lansdowne. When I played there the Rosemount was far superior in every way. 

The number one course in Angus for me is and always will be Carnoustie. Magestic. 

Agreed. Family took me there for my 60th. Course brilliantly set up for the average player (Play of 20). Then they make it severe for the pros. as they say play Carnoustie before you die.

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

See the BBC are reporting coins thrown at a Dunfermline player in their match against Falkirk.

This reminds me of the flares thing. One person does it and then the rest of the pondlife start doing it as well.

More likely is that it always happens and the press are just sensationalising every instance of it at the moment because it's topical.

Slightly off topic but they do this all the time with crime rates in London.  People get murdered every week in London and have done since the beginning of time but every now and again the press make a big deal about every single murder to make out like its some sort of epidemic.

16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Noise from the 700 plus Saint's fans was terrific at yesterday's game and behaviour inside the Stadium was impeccable. 

A lot of attention from Police outside before the match including police from Paisley. 

That bit in bold is not worthy of either note or praise. It's the bare minimum to be expected from functioning adults.

Because of last week's coin throw and the subsequent miraculous but thankfully temporary bout of deafness, blindness and dumbness of the supporters around the perpetrator, our support will have to start getting used to being under more police scrutiny.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

That bit in bold is not worthy of either note or praise. It's the bare minimum to be expected from functioning adults.

Because of last week's coin throw and the subsequent miraculous but thankfully temporary bout of deafness, blindness and dumbness of the supporters around the perpetrator, our support will have to start getting used to being under more police scrutiny.

Absolutely on both counts but it was an enjoyable match atmosphere inside the ground Okay. Without the standard of behaviour it would not have been. 

My guess is that the police scrutiny is not going away any time soon.

It might drop a notch if the Phanthon Coin Thrower is Apprehended. 

But good behaviour home and away should be a given. 

Edited by St.Ricky

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I have lost track of how many times I have praised the noise and colour that the folks in and around W7 bring to the ground.  This recognition brings with it responsibilities that the people who gather there need to face up to.  I agree with Oaksoft that it is sensible to be aware of the increased attention of the police and club officials here and elsewhere following recent events.  For the sake of the reputation of all St Mirren fans we need the Phantom Coin Thrower to be identified and dealt with. Until that happens, rightly or wrongly, there will be increased suspicion surrounding our fans. It was alarming to see the numbers and disposition of the Police in Dundee,  including a number of Police from Paisley.  Before anyone suggests that I am pointing an accusing finger.. I am not.  I'm just stating the obvious and hope it's the last time I do.. Sure others feel the same. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have lost track of how many times I have praised the noise and colour that the folks in and around W7 bring to the ground.  This recognition brings with it responsibilities that the people who gather there need to face up to.  I agree with Oaksoft that it is sensible to be aware of the increased attention of the police and club officials here and elsewhere following recent events.  For the sake of the reputation of all St Mirren fans we need the Phantom Coin Thrower to be identified and dealt with. Until that happens, rightly or wrongly, there will be increased suspicion surrounding our fans. It was alarming to see the numbers and disposition of the Police in Dundee,  including a number of Police from Paisley.  Before anyone suggests that I am pointing an accusing finger.. I am not.  I'm just stating the obvious and hope it's the last time I do.. Sure others feel the same. 

Them same police have been at every one of our games this season, nowhere to be seen before this season.

Im only laughing at mr soft as he knows fine well the police door chaps and extra police happened before the coin carry on.  He is just trying to suit his own little agenda.

Nobody seems to know who flung this coin in, nobody has been banned by the club, although according to fitzy we have excellent cctv. All seems a bit weird to me.

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

FFS!!!.....I REALLY hope it's the last time you do! PLease no one bite!!! Tedious doesn't even start to describe him!