W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

FFS!!!.....I REALLY hope it's the last time you do! PLease no one bite!!! Tedious doesn't even start to describe him!

Tedious is beginning  to apply to you.  If anyone remotely rattles your cage then you let fly.  This is not how a leader of men  behaves.  

Where is the willingness to take other views into account or recognize the genuine concerns of many fans? 

And please.... No lectures to me or any other  posters on what they should or shouldn't post. 

Perhaps I got this wrong but it seems to me that you made a big thing out of freedom of speech and banner slogans. 

However much you would like to.. You can't ask for it and criticise others for using it,  Just because you don't like what's posted in a members forum. 

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

FFS!!!.....I REALLY hope it's the last time you do! PLease no one bite!!! Tedious doesn't even start to describe him!

Honestly you are worse than Ricky.

At least Ricky's posts are mainly constructive and harmless.

I can't recall the last time you managed that.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Tedious is beginning  to apply to you.  If anyone remotely rattles your cage then you let fly.  This is not how a leader of men  behaves.  

Where is the willingness to take other views into account or recognize the genuine concerns of many fans? 

And please.... No lectures to me or any other  posters on what they should or shouldn't post. 

Perhaps I got this wrong but it seems to me that you made a big thing out of freedom of speech and banner slogans. 

However much you would like to.. You can't ask for it and criticise others for using it,  Just because you don't like what's posted in a members forum. 

It's not I don't like your post I just do not see the need to repeat yourself over and over and over and over and over and over  and over and over again and again and again!!!!

Oh and for the record I've never posted about freedom of speech or banner slogans

14 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

It's not I don't like your post I just do not see the need to repeat yourself over and over and over and over and over and over  and over and over again and again and again!!!!

Oh and for the record I've never posted about freedom of speech or banner slogans

For the record people from w7 have repeatedly argued that free speech was suffienct to make a case for Morton, Ibrox and Simple Digital Banners. 

On repetition in my post on this topic and police presence I have no intention of stopping until the culprit is dealt with. 

So.. If you want this dealt with quickly then contact Tony and help him review the CCTV images together with others from W7.

Your young sharp eyes might manage to identify the culprit and remove suspicions on the usual W7 supporters. 

Nothing worrying or difficult there.  A chance to show how public minded you and your group are. 

Will save the need for police to corral up to 200fans have have them put through body searches in Dundee. 

Flares were let off in neighbouring streets. 

Edited by St.Ricky

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

For the record people from w7 have repeatedly argued that free speech was suffienct to make a case for Morton, Ibrox and Simple Digital Banners. 

On repetition in my post on this topic and police presence I have no intention of stopping until the culprit is dealt with. 

So.. If you want this dealt with quickly then contact Tony and help him review the CCTV images together with others from W7.

Your young sharp eyes might manage to identify the culprit and remove suspicions on the usual W7 supporters. 

Nothing worrying or difficult there.  A chance to show how public minded you and your group are. 

Will save the need for police to corral up to 200fans have have them put through body searches. 

Flares were let off in neighbouring streets. 

For the record I have NEVER said I sit in W7 and do not.

If W7 annoy you so much and you think they are damaging the club why do you not sit there a week on Saturday and alert stewards and police when you see behaviour you think bring the club into disrepute?

Edited by Mr Optimistic

24 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

For the record I have NEVER said I sit in W7 and do not.

If W7 annoy you so much and you think they are damaging the club why do you not sit there a week on Saturday and alert stewards and police when you see behaviour you think bring the club into disrepute?

Amazing to see how much you misunderstand my posts.

I did not say you sat there.

W7 DO Not Annoy Me! GOT THAT I HOPE.   I LOVE the colour and noise they bring.

As for freedom to post on items I feel are important then I will continue to do just that without fear or favour.

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Heard a wee rumour that St Ricky threw the coin, in a bid to increase his black and white army post count :ph34r:

An old one. Already used on the thread. I couldn't throw my voice these days. More deflection and you know better whilst the jury is still out on Mr Optimistic.  Post count be dammed. This thing deserves to be followed up until resolved. I don't like seeing a couple of hundred Saints Fans corralled by a number of Police whilst flares were let off in nearby streets. Not the kind of away match experience most fans are looking for!

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

An old one. Already used on the thread. I couldn't throw my voice these days. More deflection and you know better whilst the jury is still out on Mr Optimistic.  Post count be dammed. This thing deserves to be followed up until resolved. I don't like seeing a couple of hundred Saints Fans corralled by a number of Police whilst flares were let off in nearby streets. Not the kind of away match experience most fans are looking for!

I’ve got zero problem if the police want to waste their time searching me. Unless they want my coins, need them to buy a macaroni pie

Just now, Doakes said:

I’ve got zero problem if the police want to waste their time searching me. Unless they want my coins, need them to buy a macaroni pie

I have problems with the cost and police time spent unesscesseraly on this and with the disruption it causes for other fans going to the game. Wouldn't like to see you miss out in your Macaroni pie.

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have problems with the cost and police time spent unesscesseraly on this and with the disruption it causes for other fans going to the game. Wouldn't like to see you miss out in your Macaroni pie.

Unnecessarily. You are correct

9 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Still defensive I see. Still refuting accusations that were never made about you personally.   Put me on ignore and save your blood pressure from rising.

7 hours ago, Doakes said:

Unnecessarily. You are correct

In the event yes. Sad to see flares go off in the streets around Dens. Body searches before entering grounds were, Im guessing, intelligence led. Intelligence can be wrong.

Certainly hope that flares don't make an appearance in any of the home stands at any of our games in Paisley. Self policing is always the best, cheapest and least intrusive.  

The comment was made that there looked like some unfamiliar faces amongst the fans being searched. 

The good thing was that, when inside, all of the away fans joined in and made a din supporting the team.

• 3 weeks later...
ZbQxq9HK_bigger.jpgsmactive‏ @stmirrenactive
FollowFollow @stmirrenactive
More

Just learned that Johnstone High head teachers have been pulling up kids in W7 for “not representing themselves well” (being in videos I post of games) Would they rather they were out drinking on street corners? They clearly follow me, so if they’d like to justify this?

Just seen this on Twitter... A tad harsh on the young lads no?

Edited by Spam_Valley

54 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:
ZbQxq9HK_bigger.jpgsmactive @stmirrenactive
FollowFollow @stmirrenactive
More

Just learned that Johnstone High head teachers have been pulling up kids in W7 for “not representing themselves well” (being in videos I post of games) Would they rather they were out drinking on street corners? They clearly follow me, so if they’d like to justify this?

Just seen this on Twitter... A tad harsh on the young lads no?

Think the teachers prefer the pupils hung about the streets drinking cider than actually having a hobbie.

Very strange indeed.

I would hope we have all learned not to accept just one side of this argument.

Nobody should be trusting any of these kids by default.

You cant trust them not to distort, omit or leave out inconvenient facts.

I would prefer to hear exactly what the head teacher had concerns about first.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

Agreed.

And so no one should be trusting Scottish newspapers, tv or Twitter posts by default either.

There's an old-fashioned - probably rejected by now - dictum about "people being innocent till proven guilty".

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Naaaawwww! It can't be.

I agree with this totally!

52 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I personally don’t know the person, but my first thought was the same, surely there’s more to this, but there’s another boy who went to the same school that has said the same thing happened to him last year. Saying it’s no way to represent yourself at the weekend. Strange behaviour from a teacher if you ask me. The boy seems pretty shaken up about it as he’s requested for videos to be removed. 

Maybe the head teacher is supporter of the great unwashed down the road? Who knows but anyway calm doon Colombo and stop treating everything as a conspiracy.