W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

7 minutes ago, mattman said:

I personally don’t know the person, but my first thought was the same, surely there’s more to this, but there’s another boy who went to the same school that has said the same thing happened to him last year. Saying it’s no way to represent yourself at the weekend. Strange behaviour from a teacher if you ask me. The boy seems pretty shaken up about it as he’s requested for videos to be removed. 

Maybe the head teacher is supporter of the great unwashed down the road? Who knows but anyway calm doon Colombo and stop treating everything as a conspiracy. 

I liked the fact you accused me of looking for a conspiracy in the sentence following a suggestion that maybe the teacher was a fan of a rival team. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

52 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I would hope we have all learned not to accept just one side of this argument.

Nobody should be trusting any of these kids by default.

You cant trust them not to distort, omit or leave out inconvenient facts.

I would prefer to hear exactly what the head teacher had concerns about first.

I agree, that’s why I tweeted out asking if someone from the school would justify it. The lad who told me doesn’t want to be named, 100% respect that. Since learned that it’s not an isolated case, other pupils have been asked too which backs up what he said.

Don’t want to make a big song and dance about it but schools shouldn’t be attempting to put kids off going to see their local team. 

Just now, Doakes said:

I agree, that’s why I tweeted out asking if someone from the school would justify it. The lad who told me doesn’t want to be named, 100% respect that. Since learned that it’s not an isolated case, other pupils have been asked too which backs up what he said.

Don’t want to make a big song and dance about it but schools shouldn’t be attempting to put kids off going to see their local team. 

I suspect the school won't discuss individual and confidential disciplinary issues with a random guy who asks on Twitter. :blink:

That bit in bold is not a conclusion you can make with any certainty.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I suspect the school won't discuss individual and confidential disciplinary issues with a random guy who asks on Twitter. :blink:

That bit in bold is not a conclusion you can make with any certainty.

Aye, probably not.. but the fact that the head of a school is going around judging pupils for being filmed in a particular part of a fitba ground, (in their own time at the weekend) is a bit ridiculous. From what I know, the school are actively trying to discourage pupils from spending their Saturday afternoon in W7. :blink: There’s a lot worse they could be doing! 

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Aye, probably not.. but the fact that the head of a school is going around judging pupils for being filmed in a particular part of a fitba ground, (in their own time at the weekend) is a bit ridiculous. From what I know, the school are actively trying to discourage pupils from spending their Saturday afternoon in W7:blink: There’s a lot worse they could be doing! 

We don;t know what the hell the teacher or the school are doing. You have the word of two pupils and that's it.

You are leaping to conclusions without any evidence.

You might end up being right but you are not in a position to know for sure so it's best to keep your powder dry for now.

Edited by oaksoft

19 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I might be reading this wrongly but it doesn't seem that anybody has been asked not to support their local team.  It does sound like a teacher giving guidance to people on their behaviours and how this might be portrayed on social media,  perhaps in an unflattering way.  Sounds like a dose of common sense to me.  I generally don't break into song or shout in public but do both at Greenhill Road so the advice given is unlikely to prevent them from doing both or either within the limits of socially acceptable norms.  I hope the guys are able and confident to attend and make themselves heard. 

Edited by St.Ricky

We don;t know what the hell the teacher or the school are doing. You have the word of two pupils and that's it.

You are leaping to conclusions without any evidence.

So I shouldn’t draw attention to something that happened without having bulletproof evidence?  

I’m not sure why every subject on here needs to be examined like it’s a courtroom :lol:

In my opinion, it’s a bit weird. Certainly wouldn’t have happened when I was at school

4 hours ago, mattman said:
Think the teachers prefer the pupils hung about the streets drinking cider than actually having a hobbie.

Very strange indeed.

In my day you could hang around the streets drinking and have a hobby. :rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I might be reading this wrongly but it doesn't seem that anybody has been asked not to support their local team.  It does sound like a teacher giving guidance to people on their behaviours and how this might be portrayed on social media,  perhaps in an unflattering way.  Sounds like a dose of common sense to me.  I generally don't break into song or shout in public but do both at Greenhill Road so the advice given is unlikely to prevent them from doing both or either within the limits of socially acceptable norms.  I hope the guys are able and confident to attend and make themselves heard. 

Fair comment, to both you and Oaky, maybe I’m off with my point, but I don’t think a school should be saying what they are saying. Their job is to teach, not judge pupils on their weekend. I’m sure most parents would agree that being in a safe environment with their mates on a Saturday is better than running about smashing windows 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

So I shouldn’t draw attention to something that happened without having bulletproof evidence?  

I’m not sure why every subject on here needs to be examined like it’s a courtroom :lol:

In my opinion, it’s a bit weird. Certainly wouldn’t have happened when I was at school

This isn't about having "bulletproof evidence". This is about you having absolutely zero knowledge of the other side of the argument and still thinking you can leap to solid conclusions.

I would have thought that was a perfectly reasonable thing to pick you up on TBH.

This isn't about having "bulletproof evidence". This is about you having absolutely zero knowledge of the other side of the argument and still thinking you can leap to solid conclusions.

I would have thought that was a perfectly reasonable thing to pick you up on TBH.

Fair point

Fair comment, to both you and Oaky, maybe I’m off with my point, but I don’t think a school should be saying what they are saying. Their job is to teach, not judge pupils on their weekend. I’m sure most parents would agree that being in a safe environment with their mates on a Saturday is better than running about smashing windows 

The problem is that none of us has the faintest idea what the school have actually said.

All I'm asking is that you don't leap to a conclusion until you do. That's the point.

BTW, schools provide more than just teaching support. They have responsibilities now which extend to social care. Whether we think that is right or not is another matter.

Just now, Doakes said:

I'm sure you know that any reasonable person agrees with you on that.   What I would like to see us W7 building a "brand" that attracts support from a wide range of people and encourages others to join in.  Publicity over the past number of months has not been good.  Easy to see why people who don't go might arrive at their conclusions.  Even some who do seem to have reservations.  Entirely up to you and the others in W7 but it might make sense to take cognisance of these and adapt. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm sure you know that any reasonable person agrees with you on that.   What I would like to see us W7 building a "brand" that attracts support from a wide range of people and encourages others to join in.  Publicity over the past number of months has not been good.  Easy to see why people who don't go might arrive at their conclusions.  Even some who do seem to have reservations.  Entirely up to you and the others in W7 but it might make sense to take cognisance of these and adapt. 

Ricky, one idiots coin toss aside - were probably the best behaved and most age diverse group in Scotland. The only people who paint us as anything else are, well, on this forum... Had positive comments from almost every club we’ve faced in the Championship and Premiership for the noise and colour we bring both home and away. 

As for encouraging others to join in - we do, regularly. Everyone is welcome to join us on Saturday for the Hamilton game!

Ricky, one idiots coin toss aside - were probably the best behaved and most age diverse group in Scotland. The only people who paint us as anything else are, well, on this forum... Had positive comments from almost every club we’ve faced in the Championship and Premiership for the noise and colour we bring both home and away. 

As for encouraging others to join in - we do, regularly. Everyone is welcome to join us on Saturday for the Hamilton game!

I hope many do and the noise continues to grow. 

23 hours ago, Doakes said:

It'll be ok tomorrow, Hamilton only bring a mini bus load, you'll be heard all over the ground.