W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I said nothing of the sort.  What I did say was that This Action Called into Question whether it was time to pull the plug,  not something I would advocate.  I also said that the best outcome would be for the guys in W7 , one or some of which must know the guy or where they were sitting,  was for that person or persons to advise the police and club to get the matter dealt with quickly. I have put my money where my mouths in supporting W7. Maybe you have too... I don't know.  Again .. Doesn't mean that I have to agree with all that happens there. I do love the noise and colour they bring.  They can't however abrogate their responsibilities. 

I dont think its a given that someone will have seen the culprit. I remember many years ago a fan  in Corporate Hospitality threw a Tunnocks tea cake at the Falkirk Chairman and no-one saw a thing. The police narrowed down the search to the Paisley support as the chocolate had been nibbled off it before it was thrown.

Edited by magnus

6 minutes ago, magnus said:

I dont think its a given that someone will have seen the culprit. I remember many years ago a fan  in Corporate Hospitality threw a Tunnocks tea cake at the Falkirk Chairman and no-one saw a thing. The police narrowed down the search to the Paisley support as the chocolate had been nibbled off it before it was thrown.

DNA evidence?  Might be on police records.  Result.. Sorted.  Good point M.

Possibly also an infiltrator. Might have thought that his Union Jack Tammy gave him away though. 

Maybe fingerprints or DNA on the coin. 

Edited by St.Ricky

7 minutes ago, magnus said:

I'm so sorry. :(

12 minutes ago, magnus said:

I remember that one. When the guy was caught he admitted that he'd been trying to hit Jimmy Bone.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

DNA evidence?  Might be on police records.  Result.. Sorted.  Good point M.

Possibly also an infiltrator. Might have thought that his Union Jack Tammy gave him away though. 

Maybe fingerprints or DNA on the coin. 

Don't think DNA works with Old Firm fans StRicky. They all share one tooth 

25 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

You trying to say throwing coins at people is the same as jumping on to celebrate with players?

No.Im saying both of them are against Law.Both offences should be punished but no need to punish innocent Fans in the vicinity.

39 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I said nothing of the sort.  What I did say was that This Action Called into Question whether it was time to pull the plug,  not something I would advocate.  I also said that the best outcome would be for the guys in W7 , one or some of which must know the guy or where they were sitting,  was for that person or persons to advise the police and club to get the matter dealt with quickly. I have put my money where my mouths in supporting W7. Maybe you have too... I don't know.  Again .. Doesn't mean that I have to agree with all that happens there. I do love the noise and colour they bring.  They can't however abrogate their responsibilities. 

I think you did. You post so much drivel I appreciate It'll be difficult to remember it all.

•  
  • St.Ricky
  • Saints
  • 7,012 posts
  • Top Man:Frank McGarvey
  20 hours ago, Doakes said:

I was standing to the back right of W7, seen the coin hit his leg and bounce away. Immediately thought “aw naw”. Had a look around but no idea where it came from, hopefully whoever threw it doesnae come back to our stadium. Or has a very good look at their self in the mirror.

I can understand giving Morelos pelters, he is a bit of a numpty, but throwing stuff onto the park is just stupid. 

Someone knows! 

No hiding place Doakes. 

Time for the W7 Group to show their true colours. 

Get the person found and reported and restore our reputation as fans. 

If this doesn't happen then the future for W7 looks bleak. IMO

I have personally contributed funds and regularly praised the noise and colour the folks bring but have also objected to two banners this season.  This makes three incidents we could have done without.  Is it time to call a halt to support for W7? Let's see whether the guys have the guts to do the right thing here. 

Edited 17 hours ago by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

I think you did. You post so much drivel I appreciate It'll be difficult to remember it all.

•  
  • St.Ricky
  • Saints
  • 7,012 posts
  • Top Man:Frank McGarvey
  20 hours ago, Doakes said:

I was standing to the back right of W7, seen the coin hit his leg and bounce away. Immediately thought “aw naw”. Had a look around but no idea where it came from, hopefully whoever threw it doesnae come back to our stadium. Or has a very good look at their self in the mirror.

I can understand giving Morelos pelters, he is a bit of a numpty, but throwing stuff onto the park is just stupid. 

Someone knows! 

No hiding place Doakes. 

Time for the W7 Group to show their true colours. 

Get the person found and reported and restore our reputation as fans. 

If this doesn't happen then the future for W7 looks bleak. IMO

I have personally contributed funds and regularly praised the noise and colour the folks bring but have also objected to two banners this season.  This makes three incidents we could have done without.  Is it time to call a halt to support for W7? Let's see whether the guys have the guts to do the right thing here. 

Edited 17 hours ago by St.Ricky

Exactly... I posed the question. I didn't propose it. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Exactly... I posed the question. I didn't propose it. 

:lol:lol:lol So why ask the ridiculous over the top question then? You really come across as a drama Queen! Even if it does turn out to be one of the group who sit in W7 (and there is no evidence at the moment that it was) they all can't be held responsible for one moron. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

:lol:lol:lol So why ask the ridiculous over the top question then? You really come across as a drama Queen! Even if it does turn out to be one of the group who sit in W7 (and there is no evidence at the moment that it was) they all can't be held responsible for one moron. 

The drama is in the incident. National News and Not Good. 

Which is why I feel they,  more than any idea,  would like this cleared up asap. 

The question has been asked.  W7 are not universally popular. 

Again..I  have put my money where my mouth is and will do so again. 

Doakes recently asked for suggestions for banners,  displays etc. 

Did you or F Man make any suggestions? 

I hope so. 

Edited by St.Ricky

As much as I admire this one man crusade to aprehend the culprit, there’s still been no evidence of where the coin came from. Whoever launched it isn’t owning up. Short of grabbing people by the scruff of the neck at Dundee until we get a confession, I’m not sure what Ricky expects us to do about it. 

If whoever threw it is reading this, feel free to DM me on twitter. 

I suggest we move on and concentrate on our huge match with Dundee. Going to be a loud one, plenty of buses making the trip

ps, please stop mentioning your money. If you would like it back I’ll happily give you it 

Edited by Doakes

It wouldn’t surprise me if the club use the coin-throwing as an excuse to end the W7 project/experiment. That’s why I don’t doubt that the culprit would’ve been turned in if known to the ‘regulars’.

What it’ll also do is gloss over the fact that the club wilfully handed over 1,800 extra seats to fans who glorify the killing of innocent people based on religion, purely for financial reasons. I noticed there was no Panda Club on Saturday, or any of our ‘award-winning’ pre-match family entertainment in place as a result.

Given our stay in the top flight looks like it could well be short lived, I hope the board feel the sell-out was worth it.

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

As much as I admire this one man crusade to aprehend the culprit, there’s still been no evidence of where the coin came from. Whoever launched it isn’t owning up. Short of grabbing people by the scruff of the neck at Dundee until we get a confession, I’m not sure what Ricky expects us to do about it. 

I suggest we move on and concentrate on our huge match with Dundee. Going to be a loud one, plenty of buses making the trip

ps, please stop mentioning your money. If you would like it back I’ll happily give you it 

Doakes

Not a one person crusade or a crusade of any sort but if you feel it easier to paint it that way then do. It's just the right thing to do. 

As for the money Donate it to a Mental Health Charity of my choice and me a copy of the receipt. It will go to a good cause. 

You might want to refund all of the money raised... People did ask for a plan for spending it but it never materialised. 

But in future don't take money and expect that there will be no monitoring of what you do.

You seem to find accountability difficult as a group and as an individual. 

PS... Already started a thread on the Dundee game. Looking forward to it. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Well, since you're offering ...............

Do I need my receipt ? :)

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

If you tell me how much this clown has donated I will gladly  pay it back to him if it stops his inane ramblings on the subject. What an absolute fanny he has made himself look on this subject!!!!

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Doakes

Not a one person crusade or a crusade of any sort but if you feel it easier to paint it that way then do. It's just the right thing to do. 

As for the money Donate it to a Mental Health Charity of my choice and me a copy of the receipt. It will go to a good cause. 

You might want to refund all of the money raised... People did ask for a plan for spending it but it never materialised. 

But in future don't take money and expect that there will be no monitoring of what you do.

You seem to find accountability difficult as a group and as an individual. 

PS... Already started a thread on the Dundee game. Looking forward to it. 

This is all getting a bit petty. As trusted, we spent the money people donated on materials for our displays. That said, I’ll happily match your donation amount to a mental health charity from my personal account.

I hope this goes some way to showing you that we’re not as bad as we’re made out to be. 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

This is all getting a bit petty. As trusted, we spent the money people donated on materials for our displays. That said, I’ll happily match your donation amount to a mental health charity from my personal account.

I hope this goes some way to showing you that we’re not as bad as we’re made out to be. 

At this stage you, or anybody from your group, shouldn't feel the need to explain yourself.

Let things take their natural course, it's one individual, and, as most things do, it'll become yesterdays news very soon.

Certainly no need for this pledging of money, Ricky has takes this into an area not called for.

26 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The last thing this is,  is petty.  Principles are never petty.  

I love what you guys provide in noise and colour on match days. It's great and I keep saying so. 

But

You guys cry victimisation on a regular basis. 

Ibrox Banner-Victims

Police Visits-Victims

"Criminals" Banner - Victims

Coin Throwing - Victims

All I have done here is encourage you to protect yourselves by,  should any of you know,  giving up the perpetrator. That's principle.  That's responsibility and accountability. 

It's kind of you to offer to refund the small sum I donated and I'll take you up on that by way of donation  to a suicide prevention charity for young people. 

This would need to come from or on behalf of the group and not a purely personal action on your part. 

That Won't prevent me from expressing my views in the future. 

As mentioned with the exceptions noted above been unremittingly positive about the group. 

Let's hope it's resolved soon. 

1 hour ago, Mr Optimistic said:

If you tell me how much this clown has donated I will gladly  pay it back to him if it stops his inane ramblings on the subject. What an absolute fanny he has made himself look on this subject!!!!

The last thing I am in need of is money.  I have enough thanks.  Not too much and not too little either.  

You seem to find it difficult if not impossible to read between the lines. 

Let's see what comes out in the wash.