W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

Point 1. The person who threw the coin did us no favours at all.

Point 2. Are the authorities taking this investigation as seriously as Ricky.

Where is the said coin.  Did any officials or police officers actually retrieve it  and bag it for evidence as they do in any other criminal case.

If they don't have the coin, it will be difficult to prove anything.

If they do have the coin will it be deemed necessary to have it analysed for residual DNA or Fingerprints.

If it is,  what if ??????? YOU spent it in the pie stand and the culprit got it in his change before launching it at Morelos..

Could the police be coming to YOUR door soon.

Just a thought. Anyone who gave the pie stalls coins better get their alibi's ready.

What the hell... cant wait for the Netflix documentary making a coin thrower

25 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's very telling that there have been more posts making personal attacks on Ricky for being concerned about than there have been posts actually discussing the incident itself. I think the ratio is around 10:1 in favour of attacking Ricky. Almost all of the posts from people in W7 are some form of personal attack on Ricky.

Just saying.

:lol: you’ve got to be kidding! 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Point 1. The person who threw the coin did us no favours at all.

Point 2. Are the authorities taking this investigation as seriously as Ricky.

Where is the said coin.  Did any officials or police officers actually retrieve it  and bag it for evidence as they do in any other criminal case.

If they don't have the coin, it will be difficult to prove anything.

If they do have the coin will it be deemed necessary to have it analysed for residual DNA or Fingerprints.

If it is,  what if ??????? YOU spent it in the pie stand and the culprit got it in his change before launching it at Morelos..

Could the police be coming to YOUR door soon.

Just a thought. Anyone who gave the pie stalls coins better get their alibi's ready.

MY money is this is a woooosh...............if so, do I win a pond coin? 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Put simply.  It is matter of opinion that can't be settled either way, at least in my opinion. I don't think either that you guys are as far apart on this as it seems. 

Over the years the pattern of violence has varied.  Hence the renewed interest of the police perhaps in fan groups and I'm not just talking Saints Fans here. 

The one constant has been the problems around the OF and sectarianism in particular which extends slightly to Hibs,  Hearts and Dundee. You're right,  IMO,  that Saints fans are less inclined to religious hatred.  I know from experience though that the crowd at Love Street was often bulked up by fans of Rangers or Celtic when they were playing away or the other half was a visitor to our ground.  Friends of mine of each persuasion would come along with me and still do in fact.  Aberdeen had their casuals as did Hibs. 

Relative numbers might well be similar but not necessarily exactly so since other social and cultural factors might/ would impact.  How statisticlcally important that variation might be,  I don't know but these would be likely to affect the propensity to violence to some extent. At least that was the traditional view (The casuals messed that up). 

I go with the tribal thing.  Our town,  Our Team is Tribal.  Sets out our territory and challenges others to take us on if they dare - but in a good way. 

Back to the noise thing.  Each ground had a section where young and noisy fans often congregated and shared pleasantries with each other. 

Ours was,  as you'll know,  The North Bank of Aggro fame. Opposing fans were separated by wire fencing and gates. 

The aggressive posturing rarely led to trouble within the grounds but established the idea of young people - noise - aggression - trouble. 

Possibly some people still associate the noisy section with trouble and trouble makers,  drunkenness etc.  

Again.. I love it.  I love to see young folk able to get together,  make a noise and share a passion in the right place,  at the right time and without the need to insult others. 

Love of my team has never meant hatred of any other team or fans for me - but put Morton in the frame and I definitely want to beat them and enjoy doing so. 

Don't really know if this addressed the issues.  I play golf.  I have been on golfing trips.  I played rugby and I've been on rugby trips. I competed in the heavy events in athletics and have been on Athletic trips.  The capacity for nonsense existed on every one of these.  But with golf you had to wear a jacket and tie and good trousers to get in. 

(I was a Ranfurly Castle member) 

Old Ranfurly rules :D

30 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

It's very telling that there have been more posts making personal attacks on Ricky for being concerned about than there have been posts actually discussing the incident itself. I think the ratio is around 10:1 in favour of attacking Ricky. Almost all of the posts from people in W7 are some form of personal attack on Ricky.

Just saying.

:huh:

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:
5 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Yes Hibs fans are a great example given the scenes after the 2016 cup final.  Comparing that with the 2013 league cup final, I say their percentage of morons is much higher than ours.

Again, another one who can't understand the difference between relative numbers and absolute numbers.

You are confusing both terms.

We are in NO position to criticise any clubs supporters after Saturday.

I normally choose not to comment on OF and their deeds, however; it seems to me that you my friend are trying to impose your supposed superior knowledge / subjective opinion on others (who whether correct or not) are entitled to offer their own versions.  Relative and absolute numbers works fine when the demographics are 'nearly' identical, the demographics of the OF and St Mirren will bear as much resemblance to a peach as a coconut does, if you are going to strut your superiority get your facts right, else I might say I am relatively sure you are talking an absolute load of tosh.  B)

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Utter trash.

You disregard Ricky repeating his usual posts, contradicting himself and tying himself in so many knots the scouts would struggle to get him out of his predicament. 

"Attacking" & "personal attacks"..........................................:lol:

Pointing out he should try to stop himself posting/replying to every post isn't attacking, unless you live in a parallel universe. 

These "attacks" would not have happened if he's made his point and let it go. 

Everybody is entitled to a view, disagreeing isn't really an attack. 

No contradictions. Simple. Coin was thrown from the W7 area. I suggested they protect their position by handing in the culprit if they could identify them since they were in that section. I at no time suggested that the individual was one of the normal bunch that congregate there or not. I reaffirmed my past and present support for the folks in that area and the noise and colour they bring. For some reason this seemed to alarm the guys. They were no longer a group just a bunch of guys who happen to sit together. How would I know. More than myself suggested that they were acting like victims but victims of what? Praise? 

Another poster made mention of a named individual who was said to have made their way to the other end of the ground to hurl abuse at the away fans. I cautioned restraint as nothing was proved and that should it be correct then the club would no doubt deal with it.  

Now I do find it strange that these simple messages have been capable of creating so much misunderstanding and angst.  I also find it strange that several people decide to wade in with abuse when none is merited despite ample evidence that I am and have been a fan of what the young guys are bringing to the ground on Match days.

These are difficult times for the folks in W7. Firstly the Ibrox Banner. Then the reaction to police visits. Then the fans not criminal banner stramash and now an incident Eminating from the area they occupy and are therefore in the best position, if anyone is, to be able to identify the culprit to the club. These are difficult dilemmas for what I believe are a decent bunch of young guys to handle. Give them space and give the club and authorities time and space to handle it and move on to the game against Dundee.

Edited by St.Ricky

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

No contradictions. Simple. Coin was thrown from the W7 area. I suggested they protect their position by handing in the culprit if they could identify them since they were in that section. I at no time suggested that the individual was one of the normal bunch that congregate there or not. I reaffirmed my past and present support for the folks in that area and the noise and colour they bring. For some reason this seemed to alarm the guys. They were no longer a group just a bunch of guys who happen to sit together. How would I know. More than myself suggested that they were acting like victims but victims of what? Praise? 

Another poster made mention of a named individual who was said to have made their way to the other end of the ground to hurl abuse at the away fans. I cautioned restraint as nothing was proved and that should it be correct then the club would no doubt deal with it.  

Now I do find it strange that these simple messages have been capable of creating so much misunderstanding and angst.  I also find it strange that several people decide to wade in with abuse when none is merited despite ample evidence that I am and have been a fan of what the young guys are bringing to the ground on Match days.

These are difficult times for the folks in W7. Firstly the Ibrox Banner. Then the reaction to police visits. Then the fans not criminal banner steamship and now an incident Emin aging from the area they occupy and are therefore in the best position, if anyone is, to be able to identify the culprit to the club. These are difficult dilemmas for what I believe are a decent bunch of young guys to handle. Give them space and give the club and authorities time and space to handle it and move on to the game against Dundee.

FFS!!! This is excruciating!!!! Stupid? Troll? Or someone who needs help?

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

Does that even matter?

They shouldn’t be throwing anything

You are absolutely correct that people shouldn’t throw anything, but yes, I think it does matter. What if it was a feather? Or a cheesy wotsit.

Surely whether the object can actually cause physical harm does “matter”.

Just now, Mr Optimistic said:

FFS!!! This is excruciating!!!! Stupid? Troll? Or someone who needs help?

I was replying to F Man.

Just put me on ignore and do yourself a favour. Unless of course you can throw any light on things which help clear this matter up. An Item like this on National News is simply not good for the club or the reputation of our fans. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You are absolutely correct that people shouldn’t throw anything, but yes, I think it does matter. What if it was a feather? Or a cheesy wotsit.

Have you ever smelled your fingers after eating a cheesy wotsit? That aroma should be a criminal offence. 

If you want to look at it like that

Well a wotsit or feather wouldn’t be able to travel that far.

Foil from a pie scrunched up then thrown from that distance could also cut your head just like a coin as well it can have some sharp edges when scrunched up.

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Membership at kilmacolm is less than 180 now. Tragic

A lot more in my time at Ranfurky Castle.  I think we had quite a large membership but quite a small number of playing members.  Old Ranfurly was much busier if my memory serves me correctly. I'm told that the smell from the tannery has gone now.  Don't play much at all now.  Joined Gleneagles when I moved through to Stirling but finished up only playing a few times a year.  Now fit in 9 hole games in the summer across Central Scotland . Yourself DJ? 

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

If you want to look at it like that

Well a wotsit or feather wouldn’t be able to travel that far.

Foil from a pie scrunched up then thrown from that distance could also cut your head just like a coin as well it can have some sharp edges when scrunched up.

My money ( ?) is on a mini, drone guided missile disguised as a coin. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Well you are in the clear.  This -whatever it was -hapoened at StMirren Park.

That's not the natural habitat of the lesser spottedF Man. 

Dreary, monotonous blawhard.

Do me a favour.......................away back and post another needy post on how you let yourself become a troll. :byebye

Where in Perth did you live? 

Edited by faraway saint