W7 Fans & Banners

Ronnie

Not that I care much about this...  'desire' to dismiss good W7 St Mirren fans for some misperceived sense of solo public-spiritedness.....but I've just seen a Tweet showing an image of the pic we all saw with the alleged coin.

It's blown up sufficiently to see that an (old/round) pound coin has been cut and pasted into the image where perhaps a pie foil might have been...

I really think that a scrunched pie foil would not have taken anyone's eye out.  A wee nick to a grossly aggressive  tongue would have been happily chastening.

Dunno if this will work...

Guest TPAFKATS

So we can all start chucking chocolate bars at players since it’s a bit of a laugh?
Apparently so.
I'm basing this on the media reaction to stelios last season against this weeks coin incidents.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Not that I care much about this...  'desire' to dismiss good W7 St Mirren fans for some misperceived sense of solo public-spiritedness.....but I've just seen a Tweet showing an image of the pic we all saw with the alleged coin.

It's blown up sufficiently to see that an (old/round) pound coin has been cut and pasted into the image where perhaps a pie foil might have been...

I really think that a scrunched pie foil would not have taken anyone's eye out.  A wee nick to a grossly aggressive  tongue would have been happily chastening.

Brilliant, this is from a well know Celtic supporter, got be legitimate. :lol:

#bigkevthetim

Apparently so.
I'm basing this on the media reaction to stelios last season against this weeks coin incidents.

Tbh it wouldn’t even of got a mention had it not happened in hearts hibs game with lennon going down hurt but as I said before doesn’t matter what was thrown it’s not acceptable and people that do it should be punished as should have the person that threw the chocolate bar at stelios think it was his reaction to picking up and eating it that got the laughs not the throwing of it.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

A lot more in my time at Ranfurky Castle.  I think we had quite a large membership but quite a small number of playing members.  Old Ranfurly was much busier if my memory serves me correctly. I'm told that the smell from the tannery has gone now.  Don't play much at all now.  Joined Gleneagles when I moved through to Stirling but finished up only playing a few times a year.  Now fit in 9 hole games in the summer across Central Scotland . Yourself DJ? 

Old Ranfurly with 5 years also at castle. Used to play a lot bit just social now. Gleneagles. Yeah its ok :wub:

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Old Ranfurly with 5 years also at castle. Used to play a lot bit just social now. Gleneagles. Yeah its ok :wub:

It was wasted on me.  My favourite course is Rosemount at Blairgowrie.  Heaven on earth on a sunny day. 

Started on a 13 Handicap and never bothered to play in medals again.  

20 minutes ago, antrin said:

I knew my pie foil story had legs.

I’m claiming an exclusive on that.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It was wasted on me.  My favourite course is Rosemount at Blairgowrie.  Heaven on earth on a sunny day. 

Started on a 13 Handicap and never bothered to play in medals again.  

Rosemount is a lovely course but it wouldn’t even make it into my top 20. Not even my favourite course in Angus!

Interestingly I’m led to believe that the Lansdowne Course is now regarded as the better of the two. It certainly wasn’t when I played both of them on the same day about 20 years ago. It was pretty new then mind you. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I knew my pie foil story had legs.

I’m claiming an exclusive on that.

On the BBC film of Morelos' celebration it does definitely SEEM to be nothing other than a bit of foil/paper.. .

My post above doesn't rule out that there may have been a coin but it does rule in that images can be altered to suit one's preferred interpretation.  Fake news if you will.  It certainly takes some heat off the bigot that chucked a coin at Lennon.

Only an idiot (or a confirmed bigot/apologist) would state categorically that it was definitely a coin OR a bit of foil.

I certainly wouldn't lambast St Mirren fans for something that has yet to be proven.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

On the BBC film of Morelos' celebration it does definitely SEEM to be nothing other than a bit of foil/paper.. .

My post above doesn't rule out that there may have been a coin but it does rule in that images can be altered to suit one's preferred interpretation.  Fake news if you will.  It certainly takes some heat off the bigot that chucked a coin at Lennon.

Only an idiot (or a confirmed bigot/apologist) would state categorically that it was definitely a coin OR a bit of foil.

I certainly wouldn't lambast St Mirren fans for something that has yet to be proven.

Calling St Mirren fans idiots, bigots or apologists, you have no shame......................crawl back under your rock. :byebye

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Rosemount is a lovely course but it wouldn’t even make it into my top 20. Not even my favourite course in Angus!

Interestingly I’m led to believe that the Lansdowne Course is now regarded as the better of the two. It certainly wasn’t when I played both of them on the same day about 20 years ago. It was pretty new then mind you. 

All a matter of personal choice TP.  The Lansdowne wouldn't have been the one for me up there.  I heard Alyth was quite well regarded.

Played Barry a number of years ago but no others up that way. I more commonly played courses in Fife. 

Was  a member at Leven but preferred Lundin Links.  Elie was OK but love the little course at Crail...Balcomie Links. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Rumour doing the rounds that the object in question was not in fact a coin but a scrunched up pie foil tray.

Anyone close enough to say categorically if this is bollocks?

Check the footage and be honest about what you think you are seeing.

It's a coin. No doubt about it as far as I can tell.

47 minutes ago, antrin said:

Cringe! Another nugget for the Conspiracy Crew. :lol:

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Can’t be sure, but looks like a ruble too me! Bloody Russians trying to undermine our club again 

45 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

All a matter of personal choice TP.  The Lansdowne wouldn't have been the one for me up there.  I heard Alyth was quite well regarded.

Played Barry a number of years ago but no others up that way. I more commonly played courses in Fife. 

Was  a member at Leven but preferred Lundin Links.  Elie was OK but love the little course at Crail...Balcomie Links. 

Agree on the Lansdowne. When I played there the Rosemount was far superior in every way. 

The number one course in Angus for me is and always will be Carnoustie. Magestic. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Gotcthe match recorded so I’ll have a look.

Not disputing anything, just passing on what I’d heard. 

What does the match report from the officials? 

The amount of defleçtion that is going on with this makes Donald Trump look like an amateur. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agree on the Lansdowne. When I played there the Rosemount was far superior in every way. 

The number one course in Angus for me is and always will be Carnoustie. Magestic. 

Never played there. Always felt it was beyond me.  Only Open course I played from time to time was Royal Troon.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Gotcthe match recorded so I’ll have a look.

Not disputing anything, just passing on what I’d heard. 

The BBC are billing this 36 second clip as Morelos being struck by a coin.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/46092145

certainly looks like pie foil to me.

(I know the link sez "rugby". BBC gets many things wrong....)