St Mirren V Dumbarton 02/12/2017

Mr Zo

Happy 29th birthday Stephen McGinn!

I think Stephen might enjoy a very happy birthday on Saturday.

We always seem to struggle against Dumbarton and Saturday may be no different as they are a dogged and well organised side but I think we will keep our performance levels high and will win this one.

The confidence is growing in the side again and I think the place will be busy and extremely positive on Saturday.

Black and White Army football day out on Saturday for the guys that play at the dome on Monday and Wednesday night. We have between £500-£600 in the kitty. See you in the 1877 club from 1ish for some pre and post match antics. :-)

Get in touch with your fellow buddies and get them down to St Mirren Park as this side are going places. That includes you faraway saint. ;-)

Would love to see a crowd of 4,500 plus on Saturday.

St Mirren 2 Dumbarton 0

37 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Happy 29th birthday Stephen McGinn!

I think Stephen might enjoy a very happy birthday on Saturday.

We always seem to struggle against Dumbarton and Saturday may be no different as they are a dogged and well organised side but I think we will keep our performance levels high and will win this one.

The confidence is growing in the side again and I think the place will be busy and extremely positive on Saturday.

Black and White Army football day out on Saturday for the guys that play at the dome on Monday and Wednesday night. We have between £500-£600 in the kitty. See you in the 1877 club from 1ish for some pre and post match antics. :-)

Get in touch with your fellow buddies and get them down to St Mirren Park as this side are going places. That includes you faraway saint. ;-)

Would love to see a crowd of 4,500 plus on Saturday.

St Mirren 2 Dumbarton 0

Have we ?

Does that mean you dont want this weeks money or we should blow every penny and keep no kitty ?  Lets not give the masses ideas which cant be fulfilled. :mellow:

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Like I said on the Livi match thread I reckon Dumbarton will use similar tactics (as they've done before), try to frustrate us and then score on the break - nothing wrong with that, it's what smaller teams do all over the land and what I'd expect us to do away to the OF or maybe Aberdeen in the upcoming SC game.

We're a better team this season and if we play towards the top end of our ability we will win this game. It's up to us, 100% commitment for 90 minutes is what's required - Let's Do It!

COYS!

Got to look to win these games.

Somebody mentioned Dundee Utd play Dunfermline this Saturday, we get a win and we stretch our lead from one of these teams, at least. 

A draw or a Dunfermline win would do me. :clapping

PS Could also do with Falkirk doing something against Livingstone. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

Lest see if I get the treble:whistle

Saints 3 Sons 1

Another big team, but 17 shots against Livi tells me we will out muscle them in attack................... Full of respect for Sons, and I have no doubt they will stay up.....

Oh, so it’s okay to put a wee spin on a prediction if you’re predicting a win ?

Something tells you that ‘We will out muscle them’ , you’re also making predictions on how Dumbarton’s season will pan out ?

You are as many people have already pointed out, a walloper :

You need to hug your teddy I think [emoji14]

So many really- well that really bothers me :rolleyes: that's a bit nasty of you, Mr 3-2 to Livi .....

Mate I support Saints not this stupid forum , so why would I predict a defeat, I don't go thinking we will lose any match, probably in line with the Manager and the players, you should try that sometime..... try getting behind the team, cause its fine predicting a loss but its the neg pish that follows it, anyway I know I am speaking to the vast majority as thousands of Buddies trap every home game......

Don't know if being PT will have anything to do with it but Dumbarton faded badly last night apparently . Quite a few players struggling for fitness and QotS ended up dominating the second half.  

Stevie Aitken said after the game they would have to rest up before Saturday as the  players were dead on their feet after 90 minutes on a heavy pitch.

Hopefully, we'll be able to cope better with 3 games in 8 days...

32 minutes ago, melmac said:

Suspect the club will need the ush on for sat if they don't want another slip fest like Tues. I'd go for Sutton n Reilly up front, we need someone to hold the ball better for Reilly to play off.

As much as I like big John , I really can't see us changing things after 2 very good results on the bounce. 

Keep the same team for me .

2 hours ago, melmac said:

Suspect the club will need the ush on for sat if they don't want another slip fest like Tues. I'd go for Sutton n Reilly up front, we need someone to hold the ball better for Reilly to play off.

Forecast is much milder from tomorrow afternoon and 9-10c Saturday with no frost Fri night but hopefully we are watching the forecast just in case.

8 hours ago, melmac said:

Nice try John. So for a team that is playing 4-2-3-1, with fast attacking football on the deck and averaging 2.5 goals a game you want us to change  formation to a 4-4-2, play a long game and drop either Morgan, Smith or Magennis so you can get a game?  :)