St Mirren V Dumbarton 02/12/2017

Mr Zo

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

In nigh on 40 years of watching Saints I can count on 1 hand the number of times I have seen us beat Dumbarton. They are a real bogey team and I am never that confident against them. I was hopeful and certainly didn't just expect us to win. We were poor but to say we didn't try is harsh. It's a completely different league from the Hendrie and Macpherson title winning seasons where we went top early and bar an odd week stayed there. It's going to be ups and downs in a very competitive division. Fans seem to be expecting / waiting on some sort of juggernaut run where we blow the division apart. We are not good enough or the rest poor enough for that to happen, the winner is going to have to grind it out and I think that will be reflected in the final winning points total.

I'm old enough to know and not expect to win every game I also think Dundee United are stronger and will become even stronger in the January window  time will tell , however I expect us to push them all the way. Regarding January hopefully we can move a couple of players on giving room to bring in one or two players.  

• 1 year later...