St Mirren V Dumbarton 02/12/2017

Mr Zo

1 hour ago, davidg said:

It was yesterday, the video footage wasn’t available until today and I expressed my opinion after seeing the footage.

Poor wee Stellios, can imagine he will now hate the club and hand in a transfer request after reading online that a fan thinks his red card incident was a stupid challenge....

Unfortunately , you are not the only fan who has invalidated the player .  Personally , I don't see the point in invalidating any of our players as some fans seem to think it is their birth right or something to do so  .

It is funny that racism , bigotry and sexism are now vilified but good old fashioned invalidation seems to be okay on here . In my opinion , there was no ill intent in going for what was a 50/50 ariel challenge . However , the Ref was close by and decided to take punitive action on Stellios , he will also recieve some sort of suspension too which isn't good . l think that is enough punishment . However , if you honestly think it is okay to invalidate our players , you batter in son . .

6 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Unfortunately , you are not the only fan who has invalidated the player .  Personally , I don't see the point in invalidating any of our players as some fans seem to think it is their birth right or something to do so  .

It is funny that racism , bigotry and sexism are now vilified but good old fashioned invalidation seems to be okay on here . In my opinion , there was no ill intent in going for what was a 50/50 ariel challenge . However , the Ref was close by and decided to take punitive action on Stellios , he will also recieve some sort of suspension too which isn't good . l think that is enough punishment . However , if you honestly think it is okay to invalidate our players , you batter in son . .

Invalidate :lol:

......................aye, supporters NEVER say anything about players. :lol:

What kind of world do you live in?  :1eye

You're, yet again, having a howler. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

12 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

:lol:lol:lol:lol 

Sorry, Dad... :P 

Edited by davidg

24 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:Unfortunately , you are not the only fan who has invalidated the player .  Personally , I don't see the point in invalidating any of our players as some fans seem to think it is their birth right or something to do so  .

Utter nonsense......

Are you really equating racism, bigotry and sexism to a criticism of an act of  professional stupidity by a footballer, just wow!! He made, at best, a mistake ..... at worst a reckless decision that left his team a man down for most of the game. He had previously thrown an elbow into the same opponents stomach which, I guess, was due to a feeling of lack of protection from the referee and got away with it.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, if ye like.

More recently that your "recent" damage (draw) with United they pumped Dumbarton, how does that fit in? 

This season - Dumbarton have lost to Dundee United, Dunfermline and St Mirren in the top three. They have drawn with both Dundee United and Dunfermline and beaten St Mirren.

By my reckoning that means they have done more damage to our campaign than the other two but they have also dented theirs.

Pedantic - Maybe 

If the stories about the planned club bender in Belfast last night are true, it is not surprising that we got the performance we witnessed earlier in the afternoon.

Obviously the players' focus was not on the business in hand which is disappointing after the support they got from those fans who travelled to Inverness in Baltic conditions last week.

I hope I am wrong in this conclusion.

Edited by northstbuddie

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

If the stories about the planned club bender in Belfast last night are true, it is not surprising that we got the performance we witnessed earlier in the afternoon.

Obviously the players' focus was not on the business in hand which is disappointing after the support they got from those fans who travelled to Inverness in Baltic conditions last week.

I hope I am wrong in this conclusion.

Source? 

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Sorry , you`re wrong. By the time he clear security , gets to the Gate etc he would be far too late.   You really havent thought this through.

With a name like Stellios he can turn up any time he likes for the Easy Jet Belfast flight.

I'm still trying to figure out what it means to 'invalidate' a footballer. I'm quite sure the poster is mixing a word up with another but I can't for the life of me put my finger on the word.

Unless he does mean invalidate and is disgusted at conversations like the below:

'I play professional football' 

'Naw, ye dont'