The Dark Side Going For McInnes - What Of Jack

Isle Of Bute Saint

Guest TPAFKATS

I was out with a friend last week who is relatively in the know with goings on at ibrox. He said that longer term they were keeping an eye on Jack Ross. My response - Rangers shouldn't be looking at anything long term [emoji4]

3 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I was out with a friend last week who is relatively in the know with goings on at ibrox. He said that longer term they were keeping an eye on Jack Ross. My response - Rangers shouldn't be looking at anything long term emoji4.png

No doubt they'll be a few clubs doing that.

1 hour ago, pod said:

McInnes claiming on news, that link with Ibrox is turning into a side show.  

2/7 favourite tonight after apparently auld Craig Broon did an interview with radio or tv up there saying words to the effect that McInnes might have changed his mind. Aberdeen and Sevco forums both awash with posters from both clubs thinking it's a done deal. Piss poor from McInnes if it proves correct.

Aberdeen will want to speak to JR if McInnes goes rangers, its already been well documented that JR has admirers on the dons board.

McInnes has already told certain folk that if he is approached he will take the job.

its going to be a bumpy ride I think.

I’m sure Rangers probably would like McInnes.

I’m sure McInnes would probably like to be the Rangers manager.

The problem though, and it’s a big problem, is that Aberdeen like Derek McInnes and so they will want several hundred grand in compensation to let him go.

Rangers don’t have that.

End of story.

31 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Aberdeen will want to speak to JR if McInnes goes rangers, its already been well documented that JR has admirers on the dons board.

McInnes has already told certain folk that if he is approached he will take the job.

its going to be a bumpy ride I think.

I reckon Dons supporters will be looking for someone with a greater 'pedigree' .

That said, I fear the more bright among them will see past that notion, and will regard JR as a very good shout.

I work with a Dons supporter. He is a very reasonable and informed guy (ie - he despises the Glasgow Twins). He rates JR highly, and would be quite happy if he got the job, should McInnes leave.

FWIW, I don't think JR will leave Saints before the end of the season. I'm not a betting man, but I would put money on that.

Guest TPAFKATS

Much as it might cause us problems, it would be rather amusing if they appointed a manager who's current team just lost 3-0 against them and put in a particularly awful performance.

This speculation only serves to remind us that the present feel-good factor is unlikely to last much beyond this season  - if that!

Should JR & JF succeed in getting us promoted this season, it is only going to be a matter of time until they are enticed to move on to greener pastures, so we should enjoy the present while we can, especially when you remember what kind of situation we were in this time last season.

What will be interesting is if the management team are persuaded to leave St Mirren before Lewis Morgan.

McIness is a highly overated manager. He won the 1st Division with St Johnstone almost 10 year ago and the league cup with Aberdeen in 13/14 and was a complete flop at Bristol City.  His win ratios are 40% with St Johnstone 27% with Bristol and 58% with Aberdeen. Aberdeen record sounds not too bad but when you consider he has managed without a strong Hibs Hearts and Rangers ( with a budget the rest of the SPL could only dream of) and his team blow nearly every big game they play its not great.

Jack Ross wiil get a step up  at some point, thats for sure. He's young ambitious and clearly has something. Chill and enjoy while we still have him.

Edited by Mr Optimistic

I reckon Dons supporters will be looking for someone with a greater 'pedigree' .
That said, I fear the more bright among them will see past that notion, and will regard JR as a very good shout.
I work with a Dons supporter. He is a very reasonable and informed guy (ie - he despises the Glasgow Twins). He rates JR highly, and would be quite happy if he got the job, should McInnes leave.
FWIW, I don't think JR will leave Saints before the end of the season. I'm not a betting man, but I would put money on that.

Hmm,

DM nearly went to RFC before but binned speculation early on condemning them as a financial basket case, not much changed there.

Issue for me today, its a now or never for him, let’s be honest it’s undeniably diminishing returns for him now at Aberdeen.

However I don’t get all this abuse and antipathy and “lack of credibility McInnes” if he does decide to go ?? He’s surely done a decent job and is entitled to exercise his employment options. A local gig, a big hike in salary, no doubt need to reinforce his windows but hay hoh. Undeniably an RFC supporter, so who knows.

The issue for me as a St mirren supporter is whatiffery and the potential speculative loss of JR. Seen it all before, it will happen, more a question of when than if, as per usual for St mirren.

As others have said enjoy the present cos worrying about the ifs and maybes is just a waste of energy.

We are St mirren, we are an interim step for prospects, player or managerial.

That’s it............top of the league has its potential downside.

How to turn a potentially great season into a wake, only us. [emoji15]

Cannot see the appeal of Sevco to any aspiring manager. Celtic are streets ahead of them in every department and will be for years to come due to the huge financial wealth they now have which increases each season. The best anyone can do with Sevco is second place which will be failure to the hordes of buns. McInnes would be better waiting until another Premier vacancy turns up.

Edited by Sonny

McInnes had 4 years in the SPL and 14 months in the English Championship, in terms of experience - Jack has yet to complete a season managing the same club, and has only one complete season as a manager under his belt. The difference in experience level is quite stark.

Experience dosent make you a good manager [emoji6]

Couple of things....
Isn't Jack on a fairly lengthy contract with us and if so, would Aberdeen be able to pay us off?
Talk of JF becoming manager if Jack left. Isn't it likely that he'd take James as his number 2?

Unless Aberdeen insist on a more experienced assistant given Jack's lack of that possibly?

I think Aberdeen would be due £600k if they grant a club permission to talk McInnes and he goes. Not sure if Rangers have that amount of money as we near mid-season where clubs begin to have cash flow issues as well. Even if McInnes has changed his mind (since a few days ago) I doubt Stewart Milne has and would expect him to play hardball if Rangers do ask to speak to Mcinnes. 

I have a feeling that Jack Ross would want to follow the advice he has give to Lewis Morgan and wait for the right move after a few seasons of being established at St Mirren. I'm pretty sure he does want to take St Mirren back into the Premiership this season and might want to see if he can keep us up or push for top 6. If we do go up he'll need to recruit well again if he has ambitions of keeping us in the top league and pushing to see if we ca break into the top half of it.