The Dark Side Going For McInnes - What Of Jack

Isle Of Bute Saint

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Top of the league before today yet only 3500.  you have to question the support and what it will take to get them out. Jack might see the Aberdeen job as too good to turn down. I think that today was a Our crowd given our position.  

OOps :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

13 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Top of the league before today yet only 3500.  you have to question the support and what it will take to get them out. Jack might see the Aberdeen job as too good to turn down. I think that today was a poor crowd given our position.  

Get the crowd right before you make a arse of yourself :lol:

3 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Already had texts in the last 10 minutes from 2 different Dons supporting pals saying Jacks the man for them. Hopefully they're just winding me up because they're upset after getting pumped by Sevco again.

Just read the Aberdeen forum, JR gets a few mentions but not a lot of enthusiasm.

Some make the point he's not done anything and lacks experience.

The former is a decent point, the latter isn't always critical.

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

It would look extremely dodgy if he now left for sevco after they have just passed Aberdeen in the league due to those two results.

Aye, so its a stick-on then?

whilst waiting to amass the cash needed to pay Aberdeen compo, the bonus for sevco has been unsettling McInnes and his team. Like I said he's now passed the first two stages of interview by throwing six points at his soon to be new employers. All hell will break loose in Aberdeen when he is paraded at Greyskull this week with the Sevco blazer and tie on. This is what sevco do.

17 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Mate whos an Aberdeen fan says he's heard this rumour going about - if McInnes goes, they want Jack. Apparently the Dons board don't fancy Strachan 

Well why not- I heard a rumour that the world was to end 21.12.12- Guess what!!!

As they have a 50m complex that might get signed off they will want a bigger name and Jack Ross has only 8 letters

So many ifs, buts and maybes around this. It really isn't worth bothering about right now.

IF Rangers ever actually approach Aberdeen for McInnes their approach will not be welcomed I'd guess.
IF they meet the release clause, rumoured to be less than the £800K quoted in the media then Dons can't stop them
IF they then talk to McInnes there is no guarantee he'd go. He turned down Sunderland, arguably as big a club as Rangers are.
IF McInnes WAS to go to Ibrox then whose to say the Dons would pick Jack over likes of McLeish, Strachan, Black, Robinson, Wright et al?

I'm not arsed about this right now. I can't see Rangers coming up with the money they would need to spring McInnes.

4 minutes ago, div said:

So many ifs, buts and maybes around this. It really isn't worth bothering about right now.

IF Rangers ever actually approach Aberdeen for McInnes their approach will not be welcomed I'd guess.
IF they meet the release clause, rumoured to be less than the £800K quoted in the media then Dons can't stop them
IF they then talk to McInnes there is no guarantee he'd go. He turned down Sunderland, arguably as big a club as Rangers are.
IF McInnes WAS to go to Ibrox then whose to say the Dons would pick Jack over likes of McLeish, Strachan, Black, Robinson, Wright et al?

I'm not arsed about this right now. I can't see Rangers coming up with the money they would need to spring McInnes.

The Tribute Act have just paid the best part of a million to get rid of their last manager and his large entourage. Now they want someone else who will cost upwards of half a million when they  are still in debt and struggling to fix their roof and have players on big salaries and longish contracts who cannot get a game? They may want McInnes and hope the unsettling may persuade Aberdeen to let him go on the cheap but after all this I would expect Aberdeen to demand the full amount and tough shit Derek if you are unhappy. I do not see McInnes going to Sevco.

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

And who are Dumbarton sounding out?

I would swap with Dumbarton right now.

We get Aitken, they get Ross.

Just noticed The Sons are in the Challenge Cup Semi Final.

Ross never gave a toss about St Mirren and St Mirren supporters  that particular Saturday when we played Raith Rovers in the Quarter Finals.