The Dark Side Going For McInnes - What Of Jack

Isle Of Bute Saint

Aitken has missed out on a couple of full time appointments, and is apperently willing to give up his full time employment if the right job comes along. He's worked wonders with two part time outfits and probably deserves a shot at a full time appointment.

Just as long as it's not with us.

I spoke to "Ginge" a while back , he said he would take the Saint's job in a heartbeat. Let's face it , given the financial constraints at Dumbarton , if he can organise a team made up mostly of our deadwood , and beat us , he must have something !

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Aberdeen have just refused Sevco permission to speak to McInnes.

Aberdeen if reports are true want £800,000 imagine thay are offering  £200,000. Can McInnis leaves to join them then a tribunal meets a middle figure?  I don't know the rules so just wondering. 

35 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aberdeen if reports are true want £800,000 imagine thay are offering  £200,000. Can McInnis leaves to join them then a tribunal meets a middle figure?  I don't know the rules so just wondering. 

No. McInnes is contracted to Aberdeen until 2020. There is a release clause of £800K which must be met for him to move on unless Aberdeen change their mind. Looks like they are rightly playing hard ball.

Now looking all but inevitable that McInnes will go to Ibrox (silly, silly man).

I still don't think that Jack will be Aberdeen's first preference as a replacement, but he will be on their shortlist.

If JR leaves, I will wish him all the best despite being pretty gutted. He saved our hide last season, and has breathed fresh life into the club. It will be very disappointing if he leaves when there is a more than realistic chance that he could have promoted us, but that's fitba. Elation one day, and a swift boot in the stones the next. We'll move on.

The whole saga with Sevco having to wait and ask everyone to dig down the back of their sofas to scrape the compensation together before approaching the only real contender, now apparently Sevco have met the compo requirement to talk to McInnes, but Aberdeen have refused it really makes me laugh... oh the faux outrage in Sheepsville!

we all know if McInnes fancies it, and hears the lies he wants to hear on player budget etc he will go, and Aberdeen if they want to talk to Ross will be up in arms if our club refuse them after meeting the compo requirement, again more faux outrage all round, desperate to make the managers they are/have courted from somebody else the villain of the piece.

ffs get on/get aff so we can concentrate on promotion. The King is deid, long live the King.