Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Buddo

Billy Mehmet top

Recommended Posts

Anyone interest? Thought I might set up a just giving thread. Donate the money to the homeless this xmas! Totally forgot about it but visiting the maws, she said it was still in the room! Actual top wore by him, signed by all the players, if you look closely you'll see JR signature. FWIW Kris Boyd's niece worked in my office, I was away in India for the final, he swapped tops with him in the final to get the top to her who she gave to me! Before I set up the page I think a good idea could be a nice xmas prezzie and every £2 donated = a ticket, I'll draw it out and give to the winner at the dunf game on the 16th?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dunno if it's even setup right but it's on go fundme under 'st mirren homeless!' Probably a bad heading. if you leave a name and a figure I'll pop it In a hat and draw it out as I said every £2 = a ticket. Just thought it'd be a good idea, all money to the homeless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buddo said:

Oh and come on buds, it's totally a donation for a great cause, can't believe 24 hrs later it's at zero!!!!

I wasn't going to respond but then you pressed the hard sell "chugger" button and annoyed me.

First off, the link you provided requires a login so that's not great.

Secondly, and I don't mean to be rude here, if I want to give money to a charity I will approach the charity directly. I trust absolutely nobody when it comes to this sort of thing.

Finally, my advice is not to harangue people with posts like the one above.

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wasn't going to respond but then you pressed the hard sell "chugger" button and annoyed me.
First off, the link you provided requires a login so that's not great.
Secondly, and I don't mean to be rude here, if I want to give money to a charity I will approach the charity directly. I trust absolutely nobody when it comes to this sort of thing.
Finally, my advice is not to harangue people with posts like the one above.
[/quote

Agree . I’ve got to say alarm bells started ringing with the log in stuff . May well be legit and good intentioned but you never can tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eh... I've held off to allow my annoyance to settle!

1. I genuinely forgot I had the top
2. Thought it would be a nice idea
3. I recall someone auctioning off a signed something on here to the highest bidder and the response was do a draw so everyone can get involved! (Which is why I set up the page)

I wasn't and am not looking to profit from this in any way, I'll take a picture of any monies getting donated to shelter!

JEEZ this is why I have no form of social media, even when all intentions are positive, you'll get some arsehole trying to be negative!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh and come on buds, it's totally a donation for a great cause, can't believe 24 hrs later it's at zero!!!!

Personally I wouldn't want to be reminded of that game so I'm not interested in the signed jersey buddie.
That might be the main reason for the lack of interest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply, I think the purpose has been lost though!

Here's my example, I spend £50 on average going to a game, £20 on train fare from Glasgow, maybe a pint or two, pie & bovril!

Last week (Dumbarton game) me and a mate, (non bud) travelled along, in the station seen a fiver on the ground, picked it up and said first homeless person we see we'll hand it too, which we did.

If anyone with eyes has walked through the High street, whether it be Paisley, Glasgow, Edinburgh, etc etc you'll see there are people everywhere!

Personally I thought it was a decent idea, I'm not having £2 is a problem to folk, can't even buy a coffee for that, yeah we lost that day, buts it's still 1 of 14 tops worn and unique in itself.

I'm sorry if my tone comes across abrupt, not my intention, just how I feel, rightly or wrongly!

What is it I've actually done here? Oh that's right try and raise money for people sleeping on the street at xmas!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's exasperating, moderator take the thread down! Trying to do a good thing! The top I have was worn by billy, on the day, (yes a bad day for us) but worn on that day in that match! So far by trying to do a good deed, I've been called a chugger and now a liar! FFS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah i am sorry to say aswell but I think what you have is probably one of billy's league game tops with that printed on the front about the final. This was the top billy was actually wearing on the day.

Image result for st mirren league cup final 2010 billy mehmet

It is a good idea to raise some money for a good cause tho, hopefully you still manage to do that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bearsden buddie said:

Yeah i am sorry to say aswell but I think what you have is probably one of billy's league game tops with that printed on the front about the final. This was the top billy was actually wearing on the day.

Image result for st mirren league cup final 2010 billy mehmet

It is a good idea to raise some money for a good cause tho, hopefully you still manage to do that!

It looks like the same shirt to me, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok cool, I've just been passing on the story that was told to me, as I said I was India for that match. What can I say, saints top, signed by all the players that day, I genuinely thought it was worn (if others say no, then ok) on that day, I've never brung myself to watch the lowlights when I got back, losing 9 v 11 didn't appeal! Without labouring the point, on a whim I believed this was a good idea to raise money for folk this xmas, not to have a debate/argument. Life's too short!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Buddo said:

It's exasperating, moderator take the thread down! Trying to do a good thing! The top I have was worn by billy, on the day, (yes a bad day for us) but worn on that day in that match! So far by trying to do a good deed, I've been called a chugger and now a liar! FFS!

Next time you try and do something like this you might want to cut out the post where you berate other forum users for not having bid.

If you calm down and stop making this all about you for a second you might understand some of the hostility.

If homelessness is something you genuinely feel passionate about then what is usually required by charities is personal involvement rather than money. I am sure a few hours of volunteering work would be a far more effective form of help. If you actually want to help these people of course rather than stroke your own ego as you did with your comment about handing over a fiver to the first homeless person you met. John Bird who runs the Big Issue and spent many years on the street says himself that handing these people money is absolutely the wrong thing to do. 

Edited by oaksoft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'll bite, you were the one with the chugger line, let's be clear, those folk are on the street or doors, rain, hail, sleet or snow raising money and trying to provide for their own families, don't be so quick to judge. Would you rather they were on the dole? They RAISE MONEY AND MAKE MONEY PERSONALLY!! must be nice looking down from your ever so mighty high horse! Oh... no that's not what I do for a living but a different way of looking at things!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Ok cool, I've just been passing on the story that was told to me, as I said I was India for that match. What can I say, saints top, signed by all the players that day, I genuinely thought it was worn (if others say no, then ok) on that day, I've never brung myself to watch the lowlights when I got back, losing 9 v 11 didn't appeal! Without labouring the point, on a whim I believed this was a good idea to raise money for folk this xmas, not to have a debate/argument. Life's too short! emoji106.png

Absolutely, Its a good idea, a good cause and i hope you will be able to contribute money to that. I was just letting you know why you might not be getting as many bids on the top as you thought it would

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buddo said:

Ok, I'll bite, you were the one with the chugger line, let's be clear, those folk are on the street or doors, rain, hail, sleet or snow raising money and trying to provide for their own families, don't be so quick to judge. Would you rather they were on the dole? They RAISE MONEY AND MAKE MONEY PERSONALLY!! must be nice looking down from your ever so mighty high horse! Oh... no that's not what I do for a living but a different way of looking at things!

I edited my post while you were responding. If you re-read it and still want to leave your response like this then I will respond to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...